FPL and EPL 2017/18 thread

Started by PowerBug, July 12, 2017, 11:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mongoose528

Quote from: Koop on March 18, 2018, 10:19:48 AM
Salah + Robertson + IbeDaddy =  :-*

Back up to 22k overall. Top 50k still the goal but a 4 figure rank come GW38 would be a nice surprise.  :D

Good luck mate, I'm aiming for a 5 figure rank, but with all chips in hand, anything is possible.

Koop

Quote from: Mongoose528 on March 18, 2018, 11:52:23 AM
Quote from: Koop on March 18, 2018, 10:19:48 AM
Salah + Robertson + IbeDaddy =  :-*

Back up to 22k overall. Top 50k still the goal but a 4 figure rank come GW38 would be a nice surprise.  :D

Good luck mate, I'm aiming for a 5 figure rank, but with all chips in hand, anything is possible.

A lot of movement seems to happen around chip time. Just look at those who didn’t captain Salah last week as an example, hopefully we both make the correct calls and see green rather than red. ;) I last played in 13/14 when none of these chips existed, so its going to be a big learning curve for me.

Speaking of, I’m wildcarding 33 instead of 32 personally, but that’s because my team at the moment is at a point I’m comfortable with without a wildcard, and I can avoid loading up on Chelsea & Tottenham players this week when they both play eachother, keep my Liverpool assets for another week. Avoid Swansea as they play United this week but also have the DGW, and monitor the UCL 1st leg for any potential injuries. Some people will have so much deadwood that they need to WC this round, I’m just at a luxury where I can wait a week. Looking at Kun to either Auba or Lukaku this week.

Pope
Alonso // Mee // Robertson // Zanka
Salah // Son // Mahrez // Ibe
Auba/Lukaku // Firmino

Butland // Baines (v MCI) // Zaha (inj cloud) // DCL

In terms of a WC team, I’m looking at

DDG // Fabianski
Alonso // Smalling // Christensen // Chilwell // Lowton
Salah // Son // Mahrez // Silva/Willian // Kenedy
Aubameyang //  Vardy // Jordan Ayew

Willian extremely tempting over Silva, would allow up to 5.5 to come in for Lowton

Spite

Well with the new DGW news, you've ruined your season if you have used your FH chip in 31 and only burnley plays in 35 and has a double in 37 now.

elephants

Farcical scenes!

Lucky I am only going for the league win, 4 points off 1st atm!

PowerBug

Quote from: Spite on March 23, 2018, 04:04:43 PM
Well with the new DGW news, you've ruined your season if you have used your FH chip in 31 and only burnley plays in 35 and has a double in 37 now.
Not overly, because you could still tailor to 35 and then Wildcard in 36.

Is that true (Burnley thing) even with the remaining fixtures yet to be announced that will almost certainly go in GW37?

Spite

Quote from: PowerBug on March 23, 2018, 04:15:20 PM
Quote from: Spite on March 23, 2018, 04:04:43 PM
Not overly, because you could still tailor to 35 and then Wildcard in 36.

Is that true (Burnley thing) even with the remaining fixtures yet to be announced that will almost certainly go in GW37?

They have been announced.

Sorry to say, without a WC you cant get your DGW34 assets in place quickly enough so it would be pointless to WC in 36... And if you are tailoring to 35 then you aren't getting the most out of 34. Sorry man, there is no way out for people who have used their FH chip here, they will be like 50+ points behind those who still have theirs.

Koop

Mongoose528

Currently on the Wildcard, this is how my team is looking:

DDG / Ryan

Alonso / Christensen / Bailly / Van der Hoorn / Lowton

Salah / Mahrez / Son / Willian / Gudmundsson

Auba / Vardy / Barnes

Leaves me with 3 x single GW34, 12x DGW34

Choosing Auba over Lukaku, as I'd back him to score more over 3 games, than Lukaku will in 4.

Koop

Not the first time I've been shouting 'flowering Rondon' for ruining CS's for my team. :(

Spite

The top 10k average is predicted to have 9.2 double gameweek players this week. If you're bench boosting, you'll exceed that by a fair amount.
The next two weeks will be massive on rank changes and I'm looking forward to it!

PowerBug

Quote from: Spite on April 14, 2018, 12:30:48 AM
The top 10k average is predicted to have 9.2 double gameweek players this week. If you're bench boosting, you'll exceed that by a fair amount.
The next two weeks will be massive on rank changes and I'm looking forward to it!
I have 13 + Salah and Auba. But will probably turn Auba to Kane (somehow) so will end up having 14 :O

Hopefully with all my chips to play/in play I can get into the top 100k :)

That'll be my team I think

Mongoose528

Looking forward to the next 4 weeks.

Hopefully I can get that top 50k finish.

Always a lot of movement at this part of the season.

Koop

Yeah interesting to note that PB, myself, Nige, Mongoose (who it took me a while to work out is EazyMoney) and Spite are the only 5 of the top 11 in the FF league that still had their Free Hit intact for this week. Of the remaining 6, 5 took hits 4 were -8+ and no one has more than 9 playing. Could be a big week of movement, although having Salah C and seeing the remaining guys with Jesus makes me extremely uncomfortable.

Spite

Quote from: Koop on April 22, 2018, 09:22:46 PM
Yeah interesting to note that PB, myself, Nige, Mongoose (who it took me a while to work out is EazyMoney) and Spite are the only 5 of the top 11 in the FF league that still had their Free Hit intact for this week. Of the remaining 6, 5 took hits 4 were -8+ and no one has more than 9 playing. Could be a big week of movement, although having Salah C and seeing the remaining guys with Jesus makes me extremely uncomfortable.

I'm just annoyed I made a late change and it has cost me heaps of points. I selected Ederson, Mane, Wood over Hennessy, Silva and Ings right before deadline because the Liverpool team was leaked early. Could have been a massive week :(

Mongoose528

Quote from: Koop on April 22, 2018, 09:22:46 PM

New Year, new name aha.

There's definitely been a lot of movement, with most people that didn't plan getting poor scores.

Looking on to the next DGW, I've got to get some City into my side, they are just too good right now.

Still don't know what to do with Alonso either.

But Sterling comes in for me this week and Mahrez can gtfo.

Don't know what to do with Bailly either.