Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Thinking of blowing my entire war-chest on Richarlison -> Silva tomorrow

Hopefully welcoming back Morata, Moreno and Kiko this week

PowerBug

Quote from: elephants on December 14, 2017, 03:18:51 PM
Thinking of blowing my entire war-chest on Richarlison -> Silva tomorrow

Hopefully welcoming back Morata, Moreno and Kiko this week
Richarlison likely to get a rest on the weekend with his injury. But they do have a good run so if you can wait a week he should still be a good pick!

PowerBug

^ Seems like Marco Silva will play Richarlison every week lol ^

69 points, inside the top 150k now. Ward -> Ogbonna my FT for the week I think, netting another 0.4 to go to 1.2 in the bank. That's the extent of my forward planning though, haven't thought ahead after this GW.

Koop

So who else apart from PB, ele, Nige & myself is still kicking?

Spent the last few gameweeks nestled in the 5-7k region, before an absolute mare in GW17 and dropping outside 15k with an awful return. Now have some significant work to do to climb back up, considering only roughly 50 points seperate me from 200k... Bit of a logjam at the pointy end at the moment. Got chased down & overtaken in the FF league too. :(

Despite the relatively decent ranking Im feeling like I’m treading water a little bit. Still do not possess a City player and only absolute nailing of transfers (Lanzini last week, etc.) and okay captain choices is keeping me with small green arrows. Kolasinac & Kabasele in a garbage Watford defends are causing me all sorts of headaches and my front 3 are not delivering at all considering their price tags. I’m seeing a lot of people take funds out of their forward lines and re-distribute them elsewhere (PB) and are shooting up the rankings. Happy to hold firm for now, but a shift towards forwards needs to happen soonish or I’m in trouble.

Team for GW19 is

Pope
Alonso // Kolasinac // Kabasale
Salah // Hazard // Richarlison // Loftus-Cheek
Kane // Morata // Calvert-Lewin

Elliott // Kenny // Lanzini (susp 1 game) // Duffy (susp 1 game)

Team Value: 103.5

Kolasinac has one more week, otherwise he is gone to Otamendi, or someone, just anyone at this point, just not this hack.
I want Pogba, dunno how to get him though. Maybe Kola down & Lanzini up after DGW.
Thinking Duffy to Ogbonna as this weeks transfer.
Lingard tempts me, is he fully nailed with Mkhi out of favour?

and the big one

How much longer can I keep the faith with Kane & Morata? Do I just need to ride this out?

PowerBug

I’m too scared to transfer out Kane :’(

Kola to Masuaku and richarlison to Pogba work?

PowerBug

79 points! 8) Monreal injury my worry, my standard with those sorts of things are to wait a GW and see what happens with them. On the plus side Sterling (c), Salah and Kane all hit double figures, double Chelsea defense got another clean sheet. Buying Kenny at 4.3 seems like a steal with the way Everton are defending lately as well.

So it looks like I'm going to hold my FT for Boxing Day, will captain Morata against Brighton.

Oh and I'm through to Rd 4 of the Cup, definitely my best ever effort here

Koop

elephants

Haha I am stoked, I have normally thrown the towel in months ago by this stage!

PowerBug

A few things to note for future reference:

GW28 matches likely to be moved - City vs Arsenal, Chelsea vs United. Depends what the EFL Cup final is. Let's all get behind Arsenal against Chelsea in the second leg so there's only one blank. I own 6 players from Chelsea, City, United and others probably own more!

GW31 is likely to have 5-7 blank games. This is where I'll be using my Free Hit chip so I won't bother too much with prepping for this game.

These fixtures will be caught up in GW34 and GW37. Probably use the TC in 34 (Fingers crossed some fixtures line up), Wildcard in 35 or 36, then Bench Boost in 37.

PowerBug

Bit of a change from the above actually, and GW28 won't be a blank at all thankfully.

My plan is:
Run the team through to GW31 which will be the big blank with the FA Cup QFs on, Only 2 matches are confirmed starting that GW (LIV vs WAT, EVE vs STK), every other one could be blank. It's likely that 6-7 will remain blank after the games get played (e.g MUN def HUD which is likely would mean HUD vs CRY in 31 gets played) next weekend. I'll try to field 8-9 players this week

Then GW32 or 33 I will Wildcard
GW34 BenchBoost (As the 15 players I just got are more likely to be still starting in 34 compared to 37)
GW35 Free Hit. This is the weekend of the FA Cup Semis, so 4 (likely big) teams will be missing, and so will their opponents. Better to not worry about this GW, then I also get to keep my wildcard team after this as well.
GW37 Triple Captain. Hope Salah, Kane, Kun, or whoever else pops up as a genuine option by that stage has two good fixtures :)

Spite

Was away in December but been doing pretty well recently and am prepared for the blank and the DGWs so here's to a big end to the season! Was 1.2m at New Year, hoping for a top 100k finish still

Mongoose528

Hopefully I can make inroads this week.

I think I'll have 8 playing after a -4. Planning on wildcarding next week.

Van Dijk, RLC, Zaha, Shaqiri, Stanislas, Salah (C), Firmino, Mounie.

PowerBug

Quote from: Spite on March 16, 2018, 01:15:32 PM
Was away in December but been doing pretty well recently and am prepared for the blank and the DGWs so here's to a big end to the season! Was 1.2m at New Year, hoping for a top 100k finish still
December the wrong month to miss for FPL haha. If you have all chips then anything is possible in the last 8 weeks.

I'll be taking a -12 to field 11. Banking on Bournemouth to go big against West Brom with Wilson, Stanislas and Daniels/Smith/Ake coming in. Also bringing in Butland so I have coverage for all the defenses playing at home.

Mongoose528

Koop

Salah + Robertson + IbeDaddy =  :-*

Back up to 22k overall. Top 50k still the goal but a 4 figure rank come GW38 would be a nice surprise.  :D