FPL and EPL 2017/18 thread

Started by PowerBug, July 12, 2017, 11:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Captain

Back into it again for me for about 4th or 5th year now. Think ill start the forward combo of Lukaku/ Jesus / Rooney. Injuries worry me for Rooney, but he is cheap. Kane a bit out of reach for me- at 12.5 costs a bit too much, by going Jesus instead i can strengthen my mids. Mids im looking at Alli, Fab, Willian and Coutinho for my starting 4. Backs and keepers yet to do. But with 3 defenders starting have about 5.5 to spend on each with 2 4.0 bench coverage players. Keepers will leave me with 8.5 to spend...

Spite

Quote from: The_Captain on July 19, 2017, 05:53:38 PM
Back into it again for me for about 4th or 5th year now. Think ill start the forward combo of Lukaku/ Jesus / Rooney. Injuries worry me for Rooney, but he is cheap. Kane a bit out of reach for me- at 12.5 costs a bit too much, by going Jesus instead i can strengthen my mids. Mids im looking at Alli, Fab, Willian and Coutinho for my starting 4. Backs and keepers yet to do. But with 3 defenders starting have about 5.5 to spend on each with 2 4.0 bench coverage players. Keepers will leave me with 8.5 to spend...

Sounds decent enough! Just not sold on Evertons early fixtures, very tough. Will get Rooney in GW7ish!

Mongoose528

Quote from: Spite on July 19, 2017, 01:48:16 PM
Quote from: EazyMoney on July 19, 2017, 08:48:18 AM
Quote from: Spite on July 19, 2017, 02:12:43 AM
Quote from: EazyMoney on July 17, 2017, 10:46:33 AM
My current squad looks like this:

Foster / Myhill

Trippier / Bertrand / Lindelof / Newcastle Defender / Hudson

KDB / Alli / Fabregas / RLC / Carroll

Kane / Lukaku / Gayle

Playing 343 every week

I'm sure you've changed it already, but I wouldn't be playing 3-4-3 when your 4th mid is Carroll (RLC probably won't play given puncheon was named as C and they were competing for the same spot). It's just 2 points every week.
By my calculations you've left money in the back, so I'd do Bertrand to 4.5 or 5.0 and upgrade the 4th mid to someone more relevant.
Or of course you could do Berry to Cedric and Newcastle to Ake and play 4-3-3 instead.
Where do you usually rank?

It was my first season last year and came in at 100k. What really screwed me up was during the congested fixtures near December, when I was on holiday, I was unable to make transfers during that period, when there were two GW's in one week.

This year I hope to come in the top 10k.

That's pretty good for your first season. It's a big step up to the top 10k mark. Good luck!

If it makes you feel better, I was away that week in December in Japan and the two transfers I made were Kane and Ali out for Kun and Stanislas and it pretty much ruined my entire season :p I have no doubt I would have finished top 1k with those two in my team given I only managed to get them back on my GW36 WC!

Ouch, that's super unlucky as Alli and Kane went off after December.

Mongoose528

Quote from: Spite on July 19, 2017, 06:32:29 PM

Sounds decent enough! Just not sold on Evertons early fixtures, very tough. Will get Rooney in GW7ish!

Yep, I'd avoid Everton at all costs.

Mongoose528

Quote from: PowerBug on July 19, 2017, 02:30:09 PM
I played the entire season for the first time and finished 154k. Pretty happy considering I was 2mil about 10 weeks into the season :P

Nice PB 8)

The_Captain

Quote from: Spite on July 19, 2017, 06:32:29 PM

yeah- might have to also look at that option. Never know- Rooney could pull some flukey strikes out his ass :P

Mongoose528

Which budget mids are you guys thinking of picking? I've gone for Pedro, Phillips and Tadic but I'm not really convinced by any of them.

Nige

Matt Phillips is a gun, locked in my team.

Mongoose528

Foster / Myhill

Kane / Lukaku / Gayle

Playing 343 every week

I'm sure you've changed it already, but I wouldn't be playing 3-4-3 when your 4th mid is Carroll (RLC probably won't play given puncheon was named as C and they were competing for the same spot). It's just 2 points every week.
By my calculations you've left money in the back, so I'd do Bertrand to 4.5 or 5.0 and upgrade the 4th mid to someone more relevant.
Or of course you could do Berry to Cedric and Newcastle to Ake and play 4-3-3 instead.

I think RLC should definitely get game time. Chelsea wouldn't have given him on loan otherwise.

Spite

Quote from: EazyMoney on July 19, 2017, 08:59:42 PM

Foster / Myhill

Kane / Lukaku / Gayle

Playing 343 every week

I think RLC should definitely get game time. Chelsea wouldn't have given him on loan otherwise.

If he plays now it'll have to be as a CDM though as all palace attacking spots are taken. So that's 2 points per week for you which isn't good enough for your field.

For the budget picks, there's a whole lot and I can't decide between mhki and pogba and one of William, zaha, Ramsey (to a lesser extent lanzini and ayew). But really cheap ones, Phillips, Redmond, Tadic, Mooy, Ritchie, knockhaert (if not injured) all look decent enough punts to start.

Mongoose528

Quote from: Spite on July 19, 2017, 09:46:59 PM

Foster / Myhill

Kane / Lukaku / Gayle

Playing 343 every week

If he plays now it'll have to be as a CDM though as all palace attacking spots are taken. So that's 2 points per week for you which isn't good enough for your field.

For the budget picks, there's a whole lot and I can't decide between mhki and pogba and one of William, zaha, Ramsey (to a lesser extent lanzini and ayew). But really cheap ones, Phillips, Redmond, Tadic, Mooy, Ritchie, knockhaert (if not injured) all look decent enough punts to start.

Phillips is class so I'll start with him. That leaves me 14.5 to spend on 2 mids

How's this as a second draft:

Foster / Myhill

Bertand / Tripper / Lindelof / Monreal / Lascelles

Alli / Phillips / Pedro (Insert 8m) / Tadic / Carroll

Kane / Lukaku / Gayle

This squad gives me great rotation as I don't have to play Gayle against TOT but instead Monreal.

Spite

Quote from: EazyMoney on July 20, 2017, 12:00:34 AM

Foster / Myhill

Kane / Lukaku / Gayle

Playing 343 every week

Phillips is class so I'll start with him. That leaves me 14.5 to spend on 2 mids

Foster / Myhill

Kane / Lukaku / Gayle

This squad gives me great rotation as I don't have to play Gayle against TOT but instead Monreal.

Don't think its bad at all mate. I'd suggest maybe doing Lascelles to a non-playing 4.0 (given your other 4 will always be chosen ahead of Lascelles) and then doing tadic to one of the 7.0 options. It just allows for more flexibility if one of the 7.0s fire!

Mongoose528

Quote from: Spite on July 20, 2017, 02:09:01 PM
Quote from: EazyMoney on July 20, 2017, 12:00:34 AM

Foster / Myhill

Kane / Lukaku / Gayle

Playing 343 every week

Foster / Myhill

Kane / Lukaku / Gayle

Don't think its bad at all mate. I'd suggest maybe doing Lascelles to a non-playing 4.0 (given your other 4 will always be chosen ahead of Lascelles) and then doing tadic to one of the 7.0 options. It just allows for more flexibility if one of the 7.0s fire!

Great idea :)

Mongoose528

Anyone want to make a draft league?

Goosey

Quote from: EazyMoney on July 22, 2017, 12:13:06 PM
Anyone want to make a draft league?
I've never participated in a draft game, was just reading about it and it seems interesting!

Count me in  ;)