ROUND 17 2017 MATCH CENTRE

Started by nas, July 11, 2017, 09:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nas

Koop

Fair to say there is some HUGE matchups this week!

PNG v Tibet is going to be a cracker. Tibet needing to stay in touch with the Top 4, PNG need to win all 3 to make finals and have the percentage to boss other teams around to get there if done so. Huge game for both sides.

You feel with their remaining fixture Sri Lanka's win last week booked themselves a finals spot, but Kathmandu next week are known to be boom or bust so a win here would be ideal. Nige just seems to keep winning and with his remaining fixture has a top 4 spot all but sewn up.

Vietnam are technically still a finals shot, but have a rough upcoming draw, still, can only beat what is put in front of you & a win this week would open up the field even more, Australia need to win to solidify their finals hopes.

UAE v HK probably the battle of the number one pick.

KL will need to work hard this week to get the win over Turkey, who have been the surprise team of the competition this year (and very consistent too.) As mentioned the Elephants have a really soft last two games after this week so a loss here for the Crocodiles could see their home qualifying final hanging by a thread. A loss for the Elephants has the potential to see them drop out of the 4 if both Taiwan & Tibet win comfortably.

Credit where it's due, I don't think anyone saw Manila in their current position at the start of the season. The move to land Seb Ross has proven to be an absolute masterstroke, and along with Gibbs, Lloyd & JJ has carried this team to a spot that is currently still in finals contention. They have arguably the hardest run home of the finals contenders, BUT they did give Taiwan & Tibet (their next two opponents) both massive frights in the corresponding fixture earlier this year, so I wouldn't rule them out just yet. Giant-killers Taiwan's wheels have started to fall off slightly, with inconsistency starting to hit the team. They will get Stephen Coniglio back just in time for finals, but they have a really tricky draw to navigate before that.

Bangkok basically have the minor premiership locked away, clinical season from the Crabs. Good luck to the Bears. ;)

Speaking of wheels falling off. Kathmandu :o Need a win here desperately against the Lambs, who are still mathematically in contention, however with other team's draws I very much doubt we will see them in September. They have been absolutely hammered by injuries in recent weeks & should look to EOS to inject some fresh legs into the ageing squad.

iZander

Quote from: Koop on July 11, 2017, 10:20:34 PM
KL will need to work hard this week to get the win over Turkey, who have been the surprise team of the competition this year (and very consistent too.) As mentioned the Elephants have a really soft last two games after this week so a loss here for the Crocodiles could see their home qualifying final hanging by a thread. A loss for the Elephants has the potential to see them drop out of the 4 if both Taiwan & Tibet win comfortably.

In terms of beating the big teams, i need Titch and Danger to kill it as C/VC, as well as none of my key forwards to have shockers, unlikely but its surprising to know that we are up there. Big step up from duncan, dixon as well as sheed, lambert, patton and Ellis coming into great form in recent times as set this up. Hopefully they can keep it up :P

PowerBug

Hey guys, just thought I let you all know that this will be my last season in charge of the Kathmandu Eskimos. It's become apparent to me that time is just not on my side to give this side the love that it deserves and next year I'll have even less time on my hands. Added with the fact that I took over a relatively young side and managed to send it backwards I think I would be sacked if there was a board overseeing my performances haha

Hopefully someone awesome takes over and I'm cool with letting a new coach start from next week if someone is appointed by then.

nas

Quote from: PowerBug on July 11, 2017, 10:45:12 PM
Hey guys, just thought I let you all know that this will be my last season in charge of the Kathmandu Eskimos. It's become apparent to me that time is just not on my side to give this side the love that it deserves and next year I'll have even less time on my hands. Added with the fact that I took over a relatively young side and managed to send it backwards I think I would be sacked if there was a board overseeing my performances haha

Hopefully someone awesome takes over and I'm cool with letting a new coach start from next week if someone is appointed by then.

Firstly, be sorry to see you leave & thankyou for your help with the AXV. Being a short time Admin really appreciated this.

BB67th

Love the write up Koop! Watch out for Manila to put in another big performance this weekm

Sad to see you go PB, it's been great having you around the competition.

nrich102

Hey nas I'm happy to win this week so you can have pick one

Rusty00

SydneyRox

Vietnam are hoping to spoil someones finals chances since it would need a pretty good run from here to make it!

Ricochet

Sorry to hear that PB! Maybe you could be an assistant to whoever takes over to still have that link to the side?

And great work on the writeups Koop! Maybe it could become a regular thing next year!?

Nige

I reckon weekly previews/writeups would be great if someone is willing to do them.

nas

Quote from: Nige on July 12, 2017, 11:16:56 AM
I reckon weekly previews/writeups would be great if someone is willing to do them.

You volunteering? Ignoring the (^^^^) if

Nige

Quote from: nas on July 12, 2017, 11:56:48 AM
Quote from: Nige on July 12, 2017, 11:16:56 AM

You volunteering? Ignoring the (^^^^) if
Tried doing them for Euros and ASC but it didn't work out.

nas

Quote from: nrich102 on July 12, 2017, 09:32:24 AM
Hey nas I'm happy to win this week so you can have pick one

Nah, you have it!  :P

iZander

Gazelles go bang with what i think will be another team of the week and a win over the crocs, its almost like my BXV team and AXV team have swapped places over the last month! :P