" TDF" any one watching the big race?

Started by anchorman, July 05, 2017, 01:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.Griffen

Quote from: PowerBug on July 21, 2017, 02:38:40 AM
Quote from: R.Griffen on July 21, 2017, 02:24:46 AM
This tour for Landa is what it was for Froome the last time Wiggins won. Looks better on the bike
And was it last year when Porte was just as good as Froome? Maybe he was slightly lower than Chris. I think that's the Yellow sorted now so I probably won't stay up and watch the remaining stages haha

How about Barguil though! 8)
Not really Porte was unlucky/slightly struggled early. Froome was a class above everyone last year. Just preps himself for this tour and nothing else. That's why I like the Vuelta a Espana no one really targets that as the main race nearly everyone has done 1 of the grand tours. Plus more exciting for the GC race with better stages

PowerBug

Barguil was the first guy that really deserved a stage after the one he so narrowly missed. Edvald Boasson Hagen was another that had a narrow loss and found a victory yesterday. I really hope Bodnar hangs on here, his ride on that flat stage was so so close!

anchorman

Great to see Orica Scott pick up the White jersey.I wonder why the Aussie media haven't made a big thing of it, is it because Simon Yates is an English man!!!!!
Not many winners actually ride for a home franchise. Froome is a back omer, but all credit seems to go to him when he has a train that is with out doubt the best in the world. Doesn't seem right that he can win the yellow jersey with out winning a stage.
Full credit to Orica Scott and Simon Yates.Well done.

anchorman

A few weeks to recover, then into the Vuelta. More late nights coming.
I wonder how many riders will double up from the TDF to the Vuelta!
I think I heard where the OS team will have both Yates boys in the team.Probably Chavez will ride it as well.

R.Griffen

Wasn't my favourite tour but definitely not my least favourite. Keen for the next grand tour. If it is like last years could go down as one of the best

Month wait though :(

anchorman

The "lesser" jersey spot had far more interest than did the yellow jersey. Froome went on training rides almost every day, being protected by a range of riders, who would be GC riders for any other team.
I will follow O/S reports on FB with interest to see who rides for them next.