" TDF" any one watching the big race?

Started by anchorman, July 05, 2017, 01:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anchorman

Le Tour de Frances goes into its fourth day tonight, has any one been watching an will you continue to watch?

PowerBug

yeah watched the first 3 stages, probably won't be able to stay up watch the entire stages over the next few days, but will get back into it after that. Froome the man to beat still and I can't see anyone getting close.

anchorman

He has the team.I am not sure that BMC are strong enough to help Ritchie Porte through the tough stages when it counts.
Not sure just how the Aussie team Orica are going.Haven't seen much of them so far.Hard to pick out of the peloton as a few others have similar out fits.Chavez is their main man.

PowerBug

Geez I think Sagan was a bit stiff to be disqualified from the entire race... Surely a huge points and time penalty could've been enough?

anchorman

I have watched it plenty of times and I think Cavendish was trying to get through a gap that wasn't there.Sagan held his ground, but I don't think the elbow was necessary.
Remember that it has cost Cavendish a chance to make more of a name for himself also.Cavendish is out with a broken collar bone.

R.Griffen

Yep watch all of it pretty annoyed I can't find a NBC live stream so I can listen to P&P but anyway love cycling.

As said in the commentary heaps today the Giro guys are struggling and the Giro this year was incredibly difficult come the end of stages.

Nice to see Aru kick away from the main group actually had him down to come second to Froome as a prediction. Porte and Froome both looking strong. Another smokie is Uran been building the last couple of years and looks to be traveling okay. Not to sure what happen to Fuglsang as in the lead up criterium dauphine he actually beat both Froome and Porte in a one week event

On the Sagan thing he was probably a bit stiff but Cav being out for the rest of the tour makes me thing Sagan should be the same

Also I know it happen Saturday but my favourite rider Valverde crashed out and probably last major tour he will ride with a broken kneecap from the incident. Been one of the stars of road cycling for a long time

anchorman

It certainly was a brave move and ride by Aru. He blitzed them when he took off.
I think Porte will still struggle with his team.He has to do loads of work on his own.He had to sit on SKY last night.
Good to see Orica Scott colours up there at the finish.

R.Griffen

Massive dog move from Aru lost all respect

PowerBug

Quote from: R.Griffen on July 10, 2017, 01:12:14 AM
Massive dog move from Aru lost all respect
I say fair game tough luck. There'll be words at the end no doubt

R.Griffen

Richie gone. Huge crash. Hope he is okay

PowerBug

Rusty00

Quote from: R.Griffen on July 10, 2017, 01:37:46 AM
Richie gone. Huge crash. Hope he is okay
That was a big one. Looks in a lot of pain :(

PowerBug

R.Griffen

Can't believe how well my boy Uran is performing. Saw him as a smokie but seems to have another level

PowerBug

Geez I saw that Uran won that photo finish live, I think Keenan and McEwan were blinded by wanting to see Barguil win it :P