Main Menu

EXV Round 10

Started by Holz, June 27, 2017, 12:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

EXV Round 10:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i6tHsoCoO-DT3kIpm1a5u9mS13pHR6pgIMphqAhtpaI/edit#gid=335925988

Thank you to Nas for all the hard work and great to see the Euro is up to day.

Some great match ups this week so lets run through them:

(4) Macedonian Wolves - 143 average @  (2) English Lions - 148 average
What a big game, 2 top 4 clubs battling it out for what could likely decide HGA in the finals. The Wolves are coming off a 142 and 139 so are in solid form. The lions on the other hand have been a little down on form with 136 and 139. This will be a nail biter with the Lions at home. The lions are led by one of the best in the comp in Mitchell but the loss of beams could really hurt, their defense stood up big time last week to fill the void of beams. Macedonia on the other hand are just solid everywhere so another team effort could get them over the line.

My Tip:  Lions win by HGA

(1) Belgian Bashers - 152 average   & (9) Iceland Polar Bears - 141 average

Geez the Bears are unlucky, a draw last week and a very good average of 141 has them sitting just outside the finals in 9th place. The Baskers a.ka. Serbia have clearly been the best team in the comp this year. Going by Euro history that isnt really a good sign. Bashers really have no weakness with basically the best on every single line, lead by one of the best in the comp in Danger. 
The bears on the other hand are well rounded but just a league below the Bashers, except for 1 area and thats captains. Merret v Dangerfield will be the tale of this game

My Tip: You have to go Bashers but Iceland make it competitive with a 5-10 point loss.

(6) Greek Titans - 139 average & (10) Serbian Eagles - 136 average

Its becomes more and more likely each week that the Eagles will not make finals which will be a first for them since the debut season of the Euro. They have been all over the place as of late with 143 138 127. The Titans on the other hand have been solid with 139 141 138 showing tremendous consistency. Serbia on paper has the talent with guys like Heath Shaw who was shocking last week. The ruck line is still a major issue but debut Sean Darcy was great in his first game. The titans have got their ruck back in Gawn and he was very good in his first game back from injury. This is a big game for both clubs, Serbia needs it to keep their finals hopes alive and a loss to Greece could see them in danger of slipping out.

My Tip: With Finals on the line Serbia steps up at home with a good score, a 10+ point win.

(5) Svalbard Valkyries - 141 average @ (13) Belarus Bison - 129 average

The Valks have been up and down with 154 136 147 132  this means a big score this week right? Belarus haven't cracked cracked 140 this week so you would think a good score from Svalbard should give them the win. Svalbard are sturggling in the ruck line with small man Jake Barrett sacrificed in the ruck as the team played 4 mids in the middle.  Belarus last week where pretty much Treloar Grundy or bust as they are most weeks. They will need others to step up if they are to take out the Valks.

My Tip: Grundy Treloar step up at Home, but the Valks bounce back with a 140+ score and its too much. Valks by 5-10 points.

(3) Russian Roulettes - 148 average @ (12)Croatian Crushers - 131 average

Crushers have improved this year and have been competitive picking up 3 wins this year. Russia are in cracking form coming off 2 straight 150+ monsters. Ablett was a late out last week but if he is back the Bont Zorko Ablett combo is might scary. Croatia will likely lose Joel Selwood so much like Adelaide the team looks to be on the shoulders of Rory Sloane. Sloane has struggled with tags in recent week and Russia has Scott Selwood.

My Tip: Sadly if Ablett is back and Jelwood is gone I think this could be a ugly game, tipping a 15+ point win to Russia.

(14) Hungarian Hulks - 129 average @ ( 8 ) Swiss Storm - 131 average.

5 spots and 3 wins separate these teams despite similar scoring. The hulks have only put up 1 140+ game all year and that was round 2 and are coming off the lowest score of the round. The storm have been better but not much better. The Storm have no real superstars but Dahl Hurley Oliver and Wines have been very good this year. Thats a sad sign for the Hulks with Hurley getting traded for basically nothing in the trade period. The Hulks on the other hand have Rocky who is down in form at the moment. Last week their where alot of passengers so the coach might be swinging the axe.

My Tip: Hulks cant make finals but they can ruin the Storm's chance. Hulks in under 5.

(7) Spanish Stallions - 134 average @ (11) Swedish Metal - 134 average

2 teams same scoring, but the Stallions are sitting in the finals (at the moment). Both teams where poor last week both goin under 125. The Stallions have some guys who can go big in HeppD Neale and Macrae but it is the best backman in the comp (by a mile) and captain Docherty who will set the tone. The metal rely on 1 thing goals, big Jez Cameron and Jroo can kick bags and they will need to do soo given they are beaten in pretty much every other area.

My Tip: Stallions have Docherty and thats the difference, The home crowd will do their best and Stallions get over the line by under 5 points.

Holz

I can't make finals but I can ruin it for Nige.

reckon my boys will put a big one in, to take out the Storm.

Holz

Ok so just testing out my new scoring system and it works!!!!

no need for people to manually put in any scores as there is a formula that works it all out so all you need to do is post your team here or if you want post your team in the google Doc just the names.

Im going to change it in the goole doc so that captains are now in green and vice captains are in red.

it might be easier for people to just post in this thread for this week.

Nige

Swiss Storm

Michael Hurley, Cale Hooker, Alex Rance, Josh Wagner
Ollie Wines (c), Shaun Grigg (vc), Clayton Oliver (evc), David Mundy
Jarrod Witts
Luke Dahlhaus, Tom Hawkins, Toby McLean, Travis Colyer
Lewis Jetta, Dion Prestia

Ben McEvoy, Drew Petrie, Matt Rosa, Jarryn Geary 

nrich102

Time for a big week I think

Serbia

Michael Hibberd, Kade Simpson, Heath Shaw, Matthew Boyd
Scott Pendlebury (c), Luke Parker, Jobe Watson, Dustin Martin (vc)
Aaron Sandilands
Richard Douglas, Jarryd Roughead, Josh Jenkins, Cam McCarthy
Jack Viney, Sam Mitchell

Jared Polec, Robbie Tarrant, Jack Silvagni

Rids

Russia Roulettes

Def: Luke Hodge, Shaun Burgoyne, Leigh Montagna, Zac Jones
Mids: Gary Ablett (Capt), Marcus Bontempelii (VC), Robbie Gray, Dayne Zorko
Rucks: Matthew Kreuzer
Fwds: Steven Motlop, Toby Greene, Levi Greenwood, Christian Petracca
Util: Travis Boak, Rhys Mathieson

Emerg: Tom Cutler (Def), Jordan DeGoey (Fwd/Mid), Ryan Clarke (Fwd/Mid)

LaHug

Love the writeup, Holz. You're right that the Bison have way too many passengers right now. But with so many being super young, we're surely on the up next year. For now, let's try to ruin some teams' seasons on the way  out ;)

BISON

D: Jake Lever, Hayden Crozier, Jayden Hunt, Sean Lemmens
M: Adam Treloar (C), Dom Tyson, Luke Dunstan, Sam Powell-Pepper
R: Brodie Grundy (VC)
F:  Lachie Weller, Nick Graham, Alex Fasolo, Tim Membrey
U: Mark Hutchings, Darcy Tucker
E: Hugh McCluggage, Toby Nankvervis, Oscar McDonald, Jamie Cripps

Spinking

Stallions

Def: S Docherty (Capt), J Johannisen, T McDonald, S May
Mid: L Neale, D Heppell, D Parish, L Whitfield
Ruck: S Lycett
Fwd: J Macrae, T Miller, L Taylor, B Acres
Utility: D Rich, M Kennedy

Bench: P Wright, J Lonie, J Gresham, J Weitering

JBs-Hawks

England

Def: Jeremy Howe, Ricky Henderson, Zach Tuohy, Robert Murphy

Mid: Tom Mitchell (C), Jack Steven (VC), Luke Shuey, Jack Newnes

Ruck: Zac Smith

Fwd: Taylor Walker, Charlie Dixon, Joe Daniher, Patrick Ryder

Int: Brendon Goddard, David Zaharakis

Emg: Liam Duggan, Caleb Marchbank, Ben Ainsworth

DazBurg

Iceland Polar Bears

Backs: Jarrod Harbrow, Andrew Mackie, Matthew Suckling, Jarrad McVeigh
Mids: Zachary Merrett (C), Mitchell Duncan (VC), Jordan Lewis, Nathan Fyfe
Ruck: Shane Mumford
Fwds: Nick Riewoldt, Justin Westhoff, Isaac Heeney, Jarrad Waite
Int: David Swallow, Liam Picken

Emg: Andrew Swallow, Lachie Henderson, Connor Mckenna, Luke Ryan

Out Luke Ryan, Callum Sincalir
In: Jarrad McVeigh, Jarrad Waite

Holz

Quote from: Spinking on June 30, 2017, 06:11:04 PM
Stallions

Def: S Docherty (Capt), J Johannisen, T McDonald, S May
Mid: L Neale, D Heppell, D Parish, L Whitfield
Ruck: S Lycett
Fwd: J Macrae, T Miller, L Taylor, B Acres
Utility: D Rich, M Kennedy

Bench: P Wright, J Lonie, J Gresham, J Weitering

Dochers soo good. No VC needed it seems.

elephants

B: J.Lloyd, B.Smith, Hartlett, E.Hughes
M: Danger (c), Gibbs, Cotchin, M.Crouch (vc)
U: J.Lyons, C.Masten
R: S.Jacobs
F: L.Franklin, E.Yeo, M.Walters, N.Hrovat

EMG: D.Byrne-Jones, J.Redden, R.Lobb

Out: Houli (susp), Priddis (soreness)
In: Hughes, Masten

LF

Croatia Crushers

Def: Jeremy McGovern,Jamie MacMillan,Dylan Roberton,Callum Mills
Mids: Rory Sloane(C),Dom Sheed,Joel Selwood,Gray
Ruck: Tom Campbell
Fwd: Maverick Weller,Orazio Fantasia,Mitch McGovern,George Hewett
U: Kane Lambert,Mitch Wallis(VC)
E: Charlie Curnow,Josh Green,Brad Sheppard

Spite

Greek Titans

D: Jasper Pittard, Marley Williams, Jack Martin, Dane Rampe

M: Daniel Hannebery, Steele Sidebottom (VC), Seb Ross, Tom Scully

R: Max Gawn (C)

F: Jack Billings, Jack Steele, Caleb Daniel, Tom Phillips

U: Brandon Ellis, Jack Crisp

EMG: Cameron Guthrie, Jamie Elliott, Sharrod Wellingham, Billy Longer

Scrads

Macedonia

D: Bernie Vince, Nic Newman, Alex Witherden, Aaron Mullett
M: Dylan Shiel, Marc Murphy (VC), Brad Ebert(C), Brad Crouch
R: Stefan Martin
F: Ryan Burton, Jack Gunston, Chad Wingard, Tom Papley
U: Sam Menegola, Liam Shiels

E: Rory Atkins (M), Luke Breust (F), Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuit (D), Archie Smith (R)

Backline is getting stretched with some key pillars missing! Can't wait to have Menegola in my forward line next season ;)