Main Menu

Toby Greene - 6yr deal

Started by Ricochet, March 06, 2018, 11:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/gws/toby-greene-signs-sixyear-contract-with-gws-giants/news-story/782e4c6ead82d78c790e2951bfd50256

QuoteGREATER Western Sydney has avoided a year-long controversy over Toby Greene’s signature by locking him away for the next six years.

The massive deal worth as much as $1 million a year avoids the Josh Kelly-style circus that dragged on well into 2017.

meow meow

Rocky is such a spud - only offered him 450k a year that one time during a match.

R.Griffen

is this giants conceding the next out of contract guy is either taking well unders or leaving the club. After the Kelly deal I seem to remember this was speculated

meow meow

Quote from: R.Griffen on March 06, 2018, 01:20:22 PM
is this giants conceding the next out of contract guy is either taking well unders or leaving the club. After the Kelly deal I seem to remember this was speculated

Mummy, Shaw, Griff, SJ, Lids + Devon off the books when the next big fish comes out of contract.

elephants

Quote from: meow meow on March 06, 2018, 01:27:10 PM

Mummy, Shaw, Griff, SJ, Lids + Devon off the books when the next big fish comes out of contract.

Yeah their list management must be close to the best in the country. Keeping the likes of Shiel, Conigs, Kelly and Greene on long term contracts is paramount with Treloar, Smith and Adams leaving.

R.Griffen

Quote from: elephants on March 06, 2018, 02:30:17 PM
Quote from: meow meow on March 06, 2018, 01:27:10 PM

Yeah their list management must be close to the best in the country. Keeping the likes of Shiel, Conigs, Kelly and Greene on long term contracts is paramount with Treloar, Smith and Adams leaving.
I will say however the Mummy, Shaw, Griff (SJ and Lids contracts aren’t included) plus anyone who hasn’t signed in the last 2 years. Also got signed when they had an extra 760k and more in the previous years. So until the contracts of anyone who signed year 6 or before there isn’t as much cap pressure as expected