Main Menu

Australian Survivor: Season 2

Started by Nige, June 25, 2017, 01:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Quote from: Jukes on October 10, 2017, 12:49:36 AM
Can't wait until I win S3 (assuming channel ten is still alive by then) so we'll finally have a good winner of this show (I hope)

Whoever wins final immunity wins the game, no chance they don't take Tara (who would probably be the biggest goat since US season 22). Gotta say I'm disappointed by the challenge, last season it was fine but we don't want it again. The final four challenge would've been a more appropriate final challenge.

Tempted to get all up in Jericho's $1.25 odds.  Any chance Pete and Tara turn on Jericho?  Not likely but very possible.

jvalles69

Season 2 done and dusted, congrats to Jericho took much more of a hold on things after the "louder/bigger" players got voted out.  Almost thought he was going to kill himself by his final statement, was horrendous, but I would think it also had to do with english being his 2nd language. "Escape Goat", yikes!

Tara's final speech was very well prepared.  She killed herself when she said she started playing the game on day 45?!?  WTF!  :o  No way you're going to win saying that!

Final jury was great, I knew Jarred was going to vote Jericho to win, wanted to make it a bit more suspenseful.  Luke basically applauded Jericho in his speech, including answering that coat tails question better than Jericho.

Reunion was pretty cool following the US set up, prob dragged on for longer than it needed to, but was good to see things about the players we didn't know, like Henry's mother passing away.  Love that Pete got no air time at all, he was one bitter contestant.

All in all a decent season, miles ahead of season 1.  Hope there will be a season 3.

RaisyDaisy

Nicely summed up, and I agree with all of it

Jericho's final speech and answers to questions were brutal to watch, he just kept shooting himself in the foot but was always going to beat Tara

Henry did mention his mother passing during the actual season ;)

Enjoyed the reunion too and hope S3 gets the go ahead

jvalles69

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 11, 2017, 01:47:44 PM
Nicely summed up, and I agree with all of it

Jericho's final speech and answers to questions were brutal to watch, he just kept shooting himself in the foot but was always going to beat Tara

Henry did mention his mother passing during the actual season ;)

Enjoyed the reunion too and hope S3 gets the go ahead

Ah must have missed that, pretty easy to zone out heaps with 3 eps a week!

I'll def be putting in an application for next season if it goes ahead! Surely "male nurse" is enough to lock in a spot!  :P

kilbluff1985

just watched it

glad Jericho won

i wonder if he would of beaten Peter, i think so

Jukes

The best player from the final four won, good for him.

Just too bad literally every member of the pre-final four jury would've been more deserving to win

Tara the worst survivor finalist/goat since who, Phillip? Will Sims? Natalie W/T?

jvalles69

Quote from: Jukes on October 12, 2017, 01:02:31 AM
The best player from the final four won, good for him.

Just too bad literally every member of the pre-final four jury would've been more deserving to win

Tara the worst survivor finalist/goat since who, Phillip? Will Sims? Natalie W/T?

Why?  This game is all about adabtability, the aggressive players failed to see that and it became their undoing.  Entertainment and ratings wise yes, but the game has changed so that dangerous players get done asap.

Henry - was in prime position, decided to breakaway from his core alliance then failed to use his immunity idol.
AK - his social game was horrendous and he was so cheesy and tacky it was completely transparent
Lachie - didn't do much wrong except lose immunity

The rest of them made mistakes through out their games.  I hated Pete and Tara for getting to the end because they were dumb and boring as bat shower, but they got there playing the game that was needed.

crowls

How can the game be adapted so stronger more involved players last longer.   Every season the strong players are so busy taking each other out, the hangers on, non physically or socially threatening players get carried through.   

RaisyDaisy

Looks like the next season will be "Champions vs Contenders"

Mo Hope and Brian Lake rumoured to be on

GOAT villain Russell Hantz from US version rumoured to be on it

I loved him on his seasons haha

Nige

Was thinking of making a new thread for Season 3, it might be time.