Main Menu

Australian Survivor: Season 2

Started by Nige, June 25, 2017, 01:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

I'm pretty excited for this, all signs point to it being a lot better than the first season which I actually thought was fairly impressive.

The full cast list has been revealed, you can see all 24 contestants listed here.

Sounds like we've got some pretty interesting characters yet again. Some absolute ripping names in the cast too. More actual fans than casuals and people who want to play than are out there for Lee Carseldine style mateship.

Again, there are a few D-list celebrities, if you even want to call them that, but that's not much of a surprise.

Anyway, pretty sure this season will start after Masterchef and it'll finishing up around the time Survivor 35: HvHvH starts.

It's advised that people probably watch the episode before coming to the thread as there will likely be discussion after episodes which may become spoilers

Ringo

get around Mark Herlaar. For once really know someone personally on the show yo give me interest in watching.

Jukes

I will reserve judgement on all contestants until they show that they're not strategically incompetent like 90% of S1 were.

jvalles69

Still super disappointing that they don't choose the average Aussie, instead go with the lowest level celebrity who "craves" media attention.  Would love to know if some of the people were "asked" to submit a entry or they did if off their own accord.  I'll still watch it, especially cos Jarred Seng is on the show, but would be much more entertaining with the average joe/jane who are survivor addicts.  :(

Nige

Confirmed to start Sunday July 30th.

We're also getting a live finale and reunion this season.  8)

Jukes

Wow I wasn't expecting it to be that early, good few weeks before it started last year

Still very pessimistic after the supreme lack of good strategy last season

RaisyDaisy

I'm actually looking forward to this

Season one was always going to be hard to live up to the hype and compare against the US version, but I think this season will be better

Jukes

At least we can say that Aus Outback > Borneo, one of my favourite seasons, so many great characters. Another Jerri Manthey pls <3 <3 <3

kilbluff1985

SilverLion

Picked Lee out in S1 from the start and he ended up finishing second, lets see if my eye is as good second time round  ;)

Nige

Andrew Torrens from last season is doing an AMA on Reddit at the moment which you can read here.

Really excited for this season, can't wait for the premiere tomorrow!

Nige

Reaaaaaaaaally good first episode I thought. Will add more thoughts shortly.

RaisyDaisy

AK seems like a douche (Not the forum member, the survivor contestant!)

Nige

So yeah. Like I said, pretty strong opening episode.

First boot was good, but saw it coming from a mile away. In fact, she was my pick from the moment the cast was announced.

There are some really good characters already. Love both Mark H and Mark W, but particularly the old fella. Kent's a gem, "find the dickhead" was a classic line. Sarah's an absolute babe and looks like a legit player.

Still got a few others that I'm rooting for that we haven't seen a lot of yet, but that's always gonna happen with 24 people divided into 2 tribes of 12.

Luke's an absolute peanut and while he's good TV and an absolute mess, I really want him of my screen sooner rather than later. AK is also an idiot and is gonna flame out real hard, real soon.

Jukes

Quote from: Nige on July 30, 2017, 11:24:31 PM
So yeah. Like I said, pretty strong opening episode.

First boot was good, but saw it coming from a mile away. In fact, she was my pick from the moment the cast was announced.

There are some really good characters already. Love both Mark H and Mark W, but particularly the old fella. Kent's a gem, "find the dickhead" was a classic line. Sarah's an absolute babe and looks like a legit player.

Still got a few others that I'm rooting for that we haven't seen a lot of yet, but that's always gonna happen with 24 people divided into 2 tribes of 12.

Luke's an absolute peanut and while he's good TV and an absolute mess, I really want him of my screen sooner rather than later. AK is also an idiot and is gonna flame out real hard, real soon.

Pretty much everything here

I thought it was a good start, my pessimism is fading because it actually looks like people will be playing Survivor this season.

Kent (aka discount Ed O'Neill) and Sarah (aka discount Nancy off Stranger Things) are good, idk many other people though as I was half paying attention for most of the scenes outside of challenges and tribal.

AK supports the crows, what more would you really expect? Matt 2.0 as an unlikable, idiot South Australian footy guy.

But yeah pretty good ep overall and Kent and Sarah definitely look like Ed O'Neill and Nancy from Stranger Things.