Main Menu

AFLX

Started by Purple 77, June 22, 2017, 09:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levi434

I think the biggest problem with it is that there were 7 flowering games in 1 day/night. That is WAY too many! I could handle 2-3 but 7 is ridiculous.

fanTCfool

Quote from: Jukes on February 16, 2018, 03:54:15 PM
Quote from: Football Factory on February 16, 2018, 03:48:16 PM
Silver balls get the boot for rest of AFLX

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-16/silver-balls-get-the-boot-for-rest-of-aflx

A zooper decision by the AFL there! Was no logical reason for using them apart from being another stupid gimmick.

What an absolute laugh, AFL 'pumped up' silver footballs more than the entire AFLW competition.

Ziplock

Quote from: fanTCfool on February 16, 2018, 05:51:34 PM
Quote from: Jukes on February 16, 2018, 03:54:15 PM
Quote from: Football Factory on February 16, 2018, 03:48:16 PM
Silver balls get the boot for rest of AFLX

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-16/silver-balls-get-the-boot-for-rest-of-aflx

A zooper decision by the AFL there! Was no logical reason for using them apart from being another stupid gimmick.

What an absolute laugh, AFL 'pumped up' silver footballs more than the entire AFLW competition.

elephants

It'll be fine, give it 10 years and I guarantee it'll be a staple of the pre-season

shaker

Watched again last night but did not see the end matches turned to watch the Rugby then Wolverine which had much more action even though I'd seen it before , so far all I can say it is a fairly hollow format think I'd rather watch basketball and I'm not a fan of that there is just no substance to it there is no build up no high marking little contested possession just kick handball goal most of the time , flashing goal posts and bursts of steam for a Zooper goal really don't cut it , good for the young guys and training them but that's about it .......  back to the drawing board Gillon .

fanTCfool

Watching live, for a supposedly 'more exciting' version of our game, it seemed less exciting than regular footy. Maybe that's just a crowd/atmosphere thing.

Perhaps what I missed more than anything else was players getting a little rowdy after a ripper goal. There was, at times, some high quality football last night, but the boys don't even get the chance to come together and celebrate a goal, zooper or otherwise. Kills the atmosphere a little bit for mine, even the crowd can't celebrate for long because the ball's already in the opposing 40.

quinny88

Snore fest. Thought I'd be happy just to have some sort of footy back but nope. Would rather have nothing

GoLions

3 wins today, hopefully can double that by the end of the year :)