Main Menu

AFLX

Started by Purple 77, June 22, 2017, 09:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Its mildly entertaining but glad it's only one weekend! Just far too short a field to see any proper footy :P

But what's with that daggy song they're playing at Coopers? Bad enough when I have to listen to that rubbish at the gym

But my biggest concern is that poor pitch at Hindmarsh, anyone who ever comes to Australia to play soccer already bags the state of our surface! Footy boots just ruining that poor soccer pitch :-\

shaker

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 15, 2018, 08:59:17 PM
Its mildly entertaining but glad it's only one weekend! Just far too short a field to see any proper footy :P

But what's with that daggy song they're playing at Coopers? Bad enough when I have to listen to that rubbish at the gym

But my biggest concern is that poor pitch at Hindmarsh, anyone who ever comes to Australia to play soccer already bags the state of our surface! Footy boots just ruining that poor soccer pitch :-\
Oh well not to much harm done it's only soccer :D

elephants

Pitch was trash before the first game to be fair haha

fanTCfool

Crows take the cake, can't wait for the three AFLX winners to come together for AFLXXX  :-X

LordSneeze

That was absolutely horrid. No wonder half the crowd left early.

The pitch was horrid as the foo fighters concert from 2 weeks ago destroyed it.  Hindmarsh is normally pristine.

tbagrocks

Who would go see the Foo Fighters? ::)  Sure they're better than the trash they just played at Coopers but still

It is about time the FFA and Adelaide United told Hindmarsh and the Entertainment Centre to FO! Build a proper Stadium in the City parklands! Never let AFL or any band EVER anywhere near it! Anybody with half a brain knows that Europe will never let Aussie Rules footy anywhere near their football/soccer grounds!
      I still cant believe the FFA would allow what just happened! But Hindmarsh isn't owned by Football, those flogging tossers in the entertainment centre business do! Bad enough  the AU travel to Elizabeth for their training, WTF? Because of the rent on Hindmarsh ::) ;)

End of the day despite the stupid gimmicks, that wasn't a bad spectacle. I'm sure the players are glad it's gone though! We can get back to actual footy next week ;D  But gee, some players looked good!
     Like Willie Rioli, Hampton, CEY and my boy Stephan Giro 8) Didn't he look impressive! He'll play early I reckon! As will the other three. Still hoping Riley Bonner gets a go for Port and I think he just might!

but hot the frog can you tell from some silly desperate 40 minute a side tournament? ???

Watch out for my boy from Glenelg Willie Rioli though

R.Griffen

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 15, 2018, 11:50:22 PM
Anybody with half a brain knows that Europe will never let Aussie Rules footy anywhere near their football/soccer grounds!
Obviously, problem is there would be more chance that the Aussie Open tennis final is held on the MCG then soccer having exclusive stadiums for all clubs. Including ones in Sydney that the NRL and SR use anyway. There is no “massive” occasion where everyone in Australia is watching soccer being played in Australia for weeks at a time. Asia cup in Aus was a joke and unless the actual World Cup gets played in Australia, soccer at a professional level (because it does quite well below that) in Australia is seen as sport a long way down the order

On AFLX it needs a bit of work but has the structure behind it and will get funded. Whether other countries will play it is a different question but with the organisation and a proper structure they can play it overseas on smaller sized ovals. Taking a game here and there like US college football in Sydney, US college basketball in Germany etc

Mat0369

I'm assuming it stunk

shaker

It is ok in current format of being held over 3 days to try the young guys and build some fitness but it is not much of a spectacle I was pretty well sick of it by the GF

R.Griffen

I know they get a bunch of shower I have always enjoyed them and listen to mmm all the time. JB and BT tried as hard as they could to bring in the audience. They were unbelievably good

Football Factory

Levi434

Not gonna lie, I've only watched the first game and I loved it. I can definitely see it taking off. If AFLX was a stock I'd be jumping on right now.

Football Factory

Jukes

Quote from: Football Factory on February 16, 2018, 03:48:16 PM
Silver balls get the boot for rest of AFLX

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-16/silver-balls-get-the-boot-for-rest-of-aflx

A zooper decision by the AFL there! Was no logical reason for using them apart from being another stupid gimmick.

Ringo

May be a bit left field but with the controversies in AFLWL with low scoring and injuries maybe the women can play this for a couple of years to get strength etc up as they build up to be a fair dinkum competition in say 3 - 4 years. That way they can build skills in the short game as well.