How far is to far from 1st? (overall)

Started by Dolan, June 15, 2017, 02:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

korza

214th overall and i have no chance. Learn and live. Some mistakes listed below.

Took B.Eddy instead of Hoskin Elliot= This was the last decision i made pre rd 1.
Hickey was my POD ruckman was going Witts. went to Witts later but cost me trade and pts.
Salem, chasing his 139pts a particular rd cost me big time.
D.Swallow generated a little cash. Should never of traded him in. Went to J.Kelly and cashed in nicely.
Brang in H.Shaw at a great price, and got burnt, still feeling the pain.
Taylor Adams, long story, traded out during bye rds then got him back. Dockerty was thier for the taking, say no more.

To take the whole thing, requires little or no mistakes.

GCSkiwi

Quote from: korza on July 10, 2017, 06:40:24 PM
To take the whole thing, requires little or no mistakes.

... And a bit of luck, let's be honest. Look at the top scoring players in each position at this point, and tell me how many of them you/we would have picked at the start as being there. A few were easy, like Danger and Doch, and I think a couple were pretty well-educated punts (Titch, Macrae). But would I have picked Zork as a top 4 mid? No. Would I have picked Pendles and Jelwood to not be in the top 20? No. Would I have picked Yeo as the top fwd? No. There are a lot of those sorts of calls which are impossible to predict at the outset...

Trindacut

I'm 33rd now, and 900+ points from first but only 160 points from 10th.

With the current carnage there are still plenty of chances to bridge even the Top players lead significantly in 3 weeks. You see it every year, they always burn trades too early keeping their lead.

*coughs* Holzman's Heroes *coughs*

Holz

Quote from: Trindacut on August 10, 2017, 08:27:47 PM

With the current carnage there are still plenty of chances to bridge even the Top players lead significantly in 3 weeks. You see it every year, they always burn trades too early keeping their lead.

*coughs* Holzman's Heroes *coughs*

Cant really say too early if thats how they get their top rankings. The person who wins i reckon is out of trades early every year.

By the way when i came 3rd i actually wasnt high ranked till the end i came home strong.

Trindacut

Reckon it was the year after you had a crack at 5 or 6 weeks at the end of the year without a trade left, am I remembering that right?

Holz

Quote from: Trindacut on August 10, 2017, 10:33:43 PM
Reckon it was the year after you had a crack at 5 or 6 weeks at the end of the year without a trade left, am I remembering that right?

I was probably in a similar position to you are now so a crack at a good ranking but no shot at winning. The year before I was probably 300 points out at this time of the year, with no trades left.

Trindacut

I think what I'm thinking of is the time you were chasing down the guy in first, maybe he had no trades.

Frankfaust

Quote from: Trindacut on August 10, 2017, 08:27:47 PM

Best luck with the chase.

Capper

Quote from: Capper on June 15, 2017, 12:43:26 PM
Im currently 169 and chasing them. Im 733 points away from 1st and 380 points off 10th
Have fallen ever since i posted this, now 3517

Trindacut

I didn't actually move spots last week, stayed at 17th. But I did bridge the gap to 10th by around 80 points.

Big weekend ahead.