ARCHIVE 2017

Started by LordSneeze, March 20, 2017, 06:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordSneeze

Sorry about all the delays guys, work has gone mental and has completely overtaken everything, got to have priorities. To make sure I can get everything updated I am forgoing the write-ups for the time being; don’t fret though they will be back at some point. Was hoping to get them done this week, but once again have run out of time.

Finals R3 Results
Division 1

Division 2

Division 3

Finals R4 Fixtures

Order is Major at top, Minor at bottom.

The Leaderboards

Good luck and LS Out

Frankfaust

Thanks for all LS. You've created a massive value-add with the way you've brought this comp along.

LordSneeze

Quote from: Frankfaust on August 25, 2017, 06:19:29 PM
Thanks for all LS. You've created a massive value-add with the way you've brought this comp along.
Thanks mate. Gonna be scaling back some things for next year. Store, prize money. Keeping rep, knockout and team comps and got 1 more comp update for next years comp.

Hopefully work quiets down a bit soon.

LordSneeze

The first year of the knockout competition has been done and dusted with 54 teams battling it out to become the champion. Emerging from the battlefield after the dust settled was Tiger of Old. A brilliant effort given his unseeded status and tough run throughout. Victory’s over Bored Saints by 2 Points, EllisinWonderland by 27 points, Jive Turkeys by 6 points, Spinach by 182 points, I have no Clurey by 19 points led him into the final where he had his biggest victory of the campaign a massive 204 point smashing.

Mountalizians will be happy with his efforts to reach the final with his match against Beef Tannen FC in the Semi-final being his only real challenge and risk of loss. Overall though he just did not have the endurance to be able to play with a very fast finishing Tiger of Old.

Final
4591:4795 | (5) Mountalizians FC vs Tiger of Old

Hope you all enjoyed this comp and will be back in next year.

LordSneeze

Perhaps unsurprisingly Ori Pei was too strong for JaFox taking home the victory and in turn the title of Team Champions for 2017. The team of Stubbsy’s Heroes, $Blues & FIGJAM were too strong overall for all rivals going undefeated in the final round of the competition. This left the other match playing off for 2nd position. Coming out on top was Muggin with a hard fought 23 point victory in what was a fairly high scoring encounter.

Final Round 3 Results

Final Ladder

Peter

Great stuff LS - look forward to this unique battle in 2018

Peter

LordSneeze

Final Writeup should be out later today, just working through the last parts.
Pre Commitments for next year will then also be opened.

Peter

LordSneeze

The fat lady has sung, but not is all done. We are still to know who our champions are, who will be relegated and who will be fighting in the next calibre of league next year. You can commit for next year from now in the relevant thread to allow for easier creation and filling than last year.

As someone said once a time, “The proof is in the pudding”, and that is exactly how the league quality and rankings panned out. While slightly down on last years rankings, both Div 1 & Div 2 had periods where they were on track to finish with improvements. Division 1 finished a respectable 69th however were sitting top 40 with only 4-5 rounds to go, brought down by a few very very poor finishing players. Division 2 came in just outside the top 100 in 105th place, but likewise were sitting top 70 with only 5-6 rounds to go. While Division 3 finished in 476th spot in its debut year, it has shown plenty of room for improvement, but has unearthed a few stars of the future. 

Before we get into the division formalities I would once again like to take this chance to congratulate Tiger of Old on his knockout competition victory and Ori Pei on taking out the team competition. I will be taking suggestions on themes for the Team Names next year, currently thinking Old Gods, Alcoholic Shots, Worst Ever Movie Titles, Feel free to join in on the suggestions.

Division 1

Major Final
In the major final Stubbsy’s Heroes finished off the year strongly with a impressive victory over the knockout champion Tiger of Old. It was a just reward for the overall point winner to also take home the Division 1 title. Speaking after the match Stubbsy’s Heroes stated that “It was a  relief to get the monkey off the back and take home the title. It is a strange feeling to be relieve and ecstatic at the same time, but it is one I wouldn’t trade for the world”. His opponent Tiger of Old was clearly distraught choking back tears in his press conference, but still had enough humility to congratulate Stubbsy’s and make a promise that he will be bigger and better next year.

Minor Final
In the minor final TruckAKABigTonka went massive to comfortably defeat previous FF Medal winner Bored Saints. While the minor final is a frustrating win, it is proof that you are not out of your depth. Both teams have been consistent Div 1 performers and will be looking to push claims higher up the ladder next year. The official press release from the loser has officially questioned whether Big Tonka was doping prior to the final given his excessive score, however given the strict stance on speaking out in public Bored Saints has been fined $40,000. Hitting back at the claims Big Tonka has 4 words for his opponent “Suck it up Buttercup”

Division 2

Major Final
In the major final, I have No Clurey put the disappointment of coming runner up in other comps to sneak the win past $Blues in the closing stages of the game. In a fairly even matchup the 2 teams traded blow for blow with both having sustained periods of pressure. However neither were able to break the other until the end where I Have No Clurey sat slightly ahead at the final siren. His celebration was one for the ages

While $Blues could be seen convulsing at the sight of what he let happen.

Minor Final
In the minor final Ringos Rocky Road put some of the disappointment surrounding his season to bed with a strong victory of Flying Fids. Both teams at the start of the year would have been hoping to be in the reckoning for promotion, however neither managed to hit that height. Given the strength of the competition taking home any title though is certainly an achievement. While the match was far from bland and boring the standout highlight was the sweets entrance walkway for Ringo’s Rocky Road, ending with a giant Rocky Road that was shared with the fans. I clear plan to gain the neutral fans support, and given the result we must say it worked.

Division 3

Major Final
In the Major Final EllisinWonderland was lucky to get the victory over Lenneth in a low scoring but tightly fought contest. The adage that you only have to beat what you have to face was true and Ellis inWonderland did just enough to put that W in his column, taking home the trophy in the process. Lenneth must be kicking himself after letting a very winnable matchup and promotion slip through his fingers. He has definetly proven himself as one to watch for the future though.

Minor Final
In the Minor Final Hammertown cantered into the title leaving The Inner Game to pick up the scraps at the runners up position. While Both teams showed glimpses throughout the year, neither really put enough pressure on. Both will take a lot out of this season, none less that understanding the level that is required to perform and take that next step.

The Leaderboards

Finishing off the year on a high was TruckAKABigTonka pulling out a huge score to smash all rivals and take home the 25 points and put himself into the top 10 for the year. Coming in second was echuca flyer, this rookie struggled for most of the year, but showed at times that he had enough quality to pull in some big scores. Rounding out the top 3 was Stubbsy’s Heroes who put another 10 points into the kitty, very strong performances once again from this Div 1 stalwart.   

It was a big surprise to the FF community that the FF Medal champion was BlueBaggers in a very tightly run contest. Struggling at times throughout the year he was rarely seen in the top 10, but when he was it was right at the top, putting in big scores when required. The consistency of I Have No Clurey, Stubbsy’s Heroes and $ Blues, just wasn’t enough to pull back the frontrunner.

Unlike the FF medal, the overall points was fought out between 2 teams, who put a gap on the rest of the teams early and never looked back. Stubbsy’s Heroes was the one with the upper hand come the end of the season taking home the crown with a 154 point gap over division 2’s I have No Clurey. While he didn’t manage to take home any of the big inter division crowns he proved enough to get the promotion to compete in the top division next year.

End of Year Awards
Div 1 Premier â€" Mountalizians FC
Div 1 Champion â€" Stubbsy’s Heroes
Div 1 Minor Premier - TruckAKABigTonka
Div 2 Premier â€" MC’s Mix
Div 2 Champion â€" I Have No Clurey
Div 2 Minor Premier â€" Ringo’s Rocky Road
Div 3 Premier â€" The Abusement Park
Div 3 Champion - EllisinWonderland
Div 3 Minor Premier - Hammertown
All Australian - Stubbsy's Heroes / I have no Clurey / MC's Mix / $Blues / SCHILLACI / Shanes Shakers / Flying Fids / Engineticians / Spinach (x3) / Bull Dust (x2)
FF Medal - BlueBaggers
Oh I Got Lucky Medal â€" Div 3’s FIGJAM with 5.447% of total points

Promotions/Relegations

First a reminder on the guidelines for Promotion/Relegation
Promotion

• Winner of League Table
  • Winner of GF
  • Winner of total points
*If any person wins more than 1 of these the next highest eligible on total points is promoted.

Relegation

• Wooden Spoon
  • 2 Lowest on total points
*If any person takes out 2 of these spots the next eligible on lowest points is relegated

Wildcards (If Required) for next year will be based on the reputation tallies of teams providing those that have performed consistently well advantage over newer or underperforming teams.

And the Winners & Loser are

Division 1 Relegation â€" Corkascrew / Cunning Coyotes / Brainpharts

Division 2 Promotion â€" MC’s Mix / I Have No Clurey / $Blues
Division 2 Relegation â€" Tigertuff / Afghan Cameleers / Koops Kickas

Division 3 Promotion â€" The Abusement Park / EllisIn Wonderland / Shanes Shakers
Division 3 Relegation â€" Echuca flyer / DMCC XXII / DazCats

Titles
With the end of the season we have new holders of the titles. Stubbsy’s Heroes has accumulated 3 so will get the choice of which one he wants to display for next season.
The team & Div 2 champion titles have had name changes to make them easier to recognise.

BINGO â€" BlueBaggers
Top Score â€" Stubbsy’s Heroes
Stay Down â€" Tiger of Old
Team Player â€" Stubbsy’s Heroes / $Blues / FIGJAM
Top Dog - Stubbsy’s Heroes
Underdog â€" I Have No Clurey
Rising Star â€" EllisIn Wonderland

Username - Team Name - Reputation

axe9 - (Top Score) Mountalizians FC - 461
Dons - Stubbsy's Heroes - 402
BoredSaint - (BINGO) Bored Saints - 373
Powerbug - I have no Clurey - 325
Tylo - Tiger of Old - 321
Gigantor - Spinach - 284
Frankfaust - $Blues - 246
Enzedder - SCHILLACI - 225
DaveElNacho - TruckAKABigTonka - 223
MC  - MC's Mix - 197
perts24 - BlueBaggers - 196
Gandalf123 - Jive Turkeys - 194
AntG87 - FIGJAM - 193
New Skinn - FC HAWKSTOWE - 175
Lord Sneeze - Frogjumper - 175
Corkascrew - Corkascrew - 172
Grufflez - Afghan Cameleers - 161
DJbics - bics best - 152
Spite - Terrifying Glue - 151
Slick5 - Team Pendles - 138
Rusty00 - The Flaming Goats - 133
echucaflyer - echuca flyer - 129
crowls - bombers rule - 117
Mr Adams - AENIMIST - 115
petefisker - FISKER FC - 111
Peter - McBasketball - 108
Samm79 - Raging Marshmellow - 105
Fid  - Flying Fids - 102
Bully - Bull Dust - 101
Money Shot - The Abusement Park - 101
Capper - Engineticians - 99
Ringo  - Ringos Rocky Road - 98
fasttrack13 - Beef Tannen FC - 96
YoungGun - Dos Destroyers - 90
waynebevan - Ellis inWonderland - 85
mach one - . - 83
shaker - Shanes Shakers - 82
Gdog - Gdog - 75
auscoyote - Cunning Coyotes - 71
ravun  - Milk Milk Lemonade - 66
The Pod  - Brainpharts - 65
fanTCfool  - Don't Dog LeBois - 64
AaronKirk - Peptides FC - 64
Dudge - KickaKrowy - 60
Koop - Koop’s Kickas - 60
lenny7 - Lenneth - 60
Tails - TailsPower - 60
Daz_Cats - DazCats - 59
TomK - The Sloane Ranger - 59
Littleblackbook - Nolittleblackbook - 55
Ozi_Batla - Hammertown - 54
Tigertops  - Tigertuff - 54
Torpedo10 - The Inner Game - 49
Sydney Rox - SydneyRox - 46
teckert - Bloods - 41
hawkboy80 - Ka-Boom - 41
Ardy - Ardy FC - 40
Asparagus - TRIPLE X - 40
DMCC10 - DMCC XXII - 38
Andrew3747 - Cousins Coke n Ice - 30
jamabadar - Fantasy Addicts - 30
BigMac - Big Macs Army - 20

Good luck and I hope to see you all again next season.
LS Out

Frankfaust

Wow. What an effort.

It's been a real pleasure this year LS.

Thank you.

shaker

Well done LS and thanks for all your time and effort in this great set of leagues  ;) see ya next year

Ringo

Thank You for all your work on this LS.  Great work but just remember do not jeopardise work to keep the weekly updates going.  Sure most will agree that we can wait for the write ups.

LordSneeze

Quote from: Ringo on September 06, 2017, 09:10:26 PM
Thank You for all your work on this LS.  Great work but just remember do not jeopardise work to keep the weekly updates going.  Sure most will agree that we can wait for the write ups.
Thanks all.
I dont write during work as thats not right, will never do that. Most is done at lunch/evening, but when its too busy i just need down time.

Ringo

Quote from: LordSneeze on September 06, 2017, 09:22:59 PM
Quote from: Ringo on September 06, 2017, 09:10:26 PM
Thanks all.
I dont write during work as thats not right, will never do that. Most is done at lunch/evening, but when its too busy i just need down time.
Did not mean to give the impression you used work time as that was not my intention. So to clarify as you have said due to work pressures at times you just need to chill and I am sure we all respect that and are willing to let the write ups go when required. Do not let pressures build up to the extent that it effects work is what I am trying to say.