ARCHIVE 2017

Started by LordSneeze, March 20, 2017, 06:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Team Muggin will be safe I know that much 8)

LordSneeze

The matches continue and we have 2 crackers underway.
Can either of the unseeded players recover from early deficits and can the only non Div 1 Player Beef Tannen FC cause a big upset

Semi Finals
2207:2281 | Beef Tannen FC vs (5) Mountalizians FC
2483:2466 | (10) I Have no Clurey vs Tiger of Old

LordSneeze

So we have 5 teams on 4-1 records. Who will be the unlucky one to miss out on a spot in the final round robin group

LordSneeze

And it is an absolute heartbreaker with the 2 teams on 4-1 that finished 2nd in their groups separated by a total of 6 and I mean 6 points for over 5 rounds!!!

34331 vs 34325

The result will be released later this week.

LordSneeze

Round 5 Results

Final Ladders

Group 1

Group 2

Group 3

And with that the final groups are set. Moving as the winners of the groups are
JaFox
Muggin
Ori Pei

And rounding out the final spot is
Boglan Terrier
Beating out Puggle by a huge 6 points for.

The first round of fixtures are

Finals Fixtures

LordSneeze

Sorry about all the delays guys, work has gone mental and has completely overtaken everything, got to have priorities. To make sure I can get everything updated I am forgoing the write-ups for the time being; don’t fret though they will be back at some point.

Finals R1 Results
Division 1

Division 2

Division 3

Finals R2 Fixtures

Order is Major at top, Minor at bottom.

The Leaderboards

Good luck and LS Out

LordSneeze

In a turnup for the books Tiger of Old has stunned the community to turn around a deficit over the team currently sitting 2nd in the overall points. Given odds of 50:1 it was like turning back the time to show a herculean effort that rivalled the Tigers of Old. I have no CLurey will be feeling very hard done by having a score worthy of smashing the other 2 semi finalists, however that is how the ball falls.

In the final he will be facing Mountalizians FC who managed to hold onto his lead in the second leg despite being beaten 1990 to 2045.

Semi Finals
4252:4271 | Beef Tannen FC vs (5) Mountalizians FC
4753:4772 | (10) I Have no Clurey vs Tiger of Old

Final
0000:0000 | (5) Mountalizians FC vs Tiger of Old

Final Preview

Head to Head
Mountalizians FC def by Tiger of Old 1740 vs 1805

Form Guide (Last 5 Weeks)
Mountalizians FC (Total 11138) - 2436, 2313, 2118, 2281, 1990
Tiger of Old (Total 11660) - 2241, 2469, 2178, 2466, 2306

Analysis
A top notch final awaits us with 2 teams that well and truly deserve to be going hammer and tongs against each other for the inaugural Knockout Title.
While Tiger of Old got the better of Mountalizians FC in their only meeting this year, it was during the bye period and was open to being impacted by team setup. The last 5 weeks has seen a clear Tiger of Old in strong form, while Mountalizians FC has been struggling to live up to his early season form that put him in the frame as an overall contender.

Bookies Favourite
The bookies are leaning with the form lines here giving Tiger of Old a slight advantage going into leg 1. The teams rarely score close to each other, so even a sizable deficit after the first leg would not be seen as unachievable.
Mountlizians FC @ 2.30
Tiger of Old @ 1.60

LordSneeze

The Final Round Robin Group has begun with a bang with several teams staking their claim as the Top Dog. “Pun Intended”.
In the first matchups Muggin was way too strong for Jafox, whose poor first week has them reeling and playing catchup on the other teams. Ori Pei on the other hand took the bull by the forms putting up a strong 6717 to dispatch Boglan Terrier 6650. Both teams showing they have the potential to take the title.

Final Round 1 Results

Final Ladder

Round 2 will see several matches between JaFox & Boglan Terrier, with the loser out of the running and the winner still with a chance. While our 2 round 1 winners face off to take a stranglehold on the group.

Finals Round 2 Fixtures

PowerBug

PowerBug

BoredSaint

Only just realised this was a thread haha.. Why do I have BINGO next to my name? ::) ::)

LordSneeze

Quote from: BoredSaint on August 14, 2017, 06:45:18 PM
Only just realised this was a thread haha.. Why do I have BINGO next to my name? ::) ::)

It is to indicate that you are the current holder of the FF Medal.

LordSneeze

Sorry about all the delays guys, work has gone mental and has completely overtaken everything, got to have priorities. To make sure I can get everything updated I am forgoing the write-ups for the time being; don’t fret though they will be back at some point.

Finals R2 Results
Division 1

Division 2

Division 3

Finals R3 Fixtures

Order is Major at top, Minor at bottom.

The Leaderboards

Good luck and LS Out

LordSneeze

The first week of the final went largely to plan with Tiger of Old continuing his late season form to open up a 105 point gap on Mountalizians FC. Will the Mountalizians be able to turn around a fairly hefty deficit, or will Tiger of Old continue to roar and take home the inaugural Knockout Title.

Final
2428:2533 | (5) Mountalizians FC vs Tiger of Old

LordSneeze

We are past the halfway mark with only 1 round to go. Ori Pei is in the box seat after having slightly too much firepower for Muggin. Boglan Terrier is snapping at the heels after a big win over JaFox whom after topping group 1 has been well off the pace in the last 2 weeks and rightly sits at the bottom of the ladder with 0 wins.

The Scenario
A win for Ori Pei will mean the crown, a loss will open the door for the winner of Boglan Terrier & Muggin to sneak through. However they will also need to outscore Ori Pei by 65 or 299 points respectively.

Final Round 2 Results

Final Ladder

Finals Round 3 Fixtures