British XV Round 10 Lodgement and Banter

Started by Ringo, May 22, 2017, 06:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Not a lot to update for Rd 9 due to Port and Suns Players being added Rd 11. Just remember any scores in UF will be incorrect at this stage especially if you have Port or Suns Players. GL and I will be adjusting after Rd 11.

So what does Rd 10 have installed for us:

Some very good match ups which will define some teams finals aspirations.

Note that first named team here has the HGA not as per UF draw.

Liverpool Rams v Winchester Werewolves
13th v 4th Rams will be coming off a probable win but can not see them upsetting the Werewolves who are starting to find some form. Werewolves though would not want to take Rams cheaply. Werewolves by plenty though,

Swansea Breakers v Huddersfield Hawks
15th v 9th Battle between 2 of the disappointing teams of 2017. A repeat of Lions v Hawks game coming up here with Breakers offering some resistance early but Hawks to come over the top for an easy win. Breakers will have the HGA and if team on song crowd may get them over the line but would require a 100% improvement. Hawks to win.

Birmingham Dragons v Leeds Leeches
match of the round for me. Battle between 2 improvers of 2017.  Sitting 1st and 2nd on the ladder and little separating them on total points. Could come down to Captains performance and HGA and if Dragons Captain os sound can see HGA getting Dragons home. Going Dragons on that basis but not with a lot of confidence.

Stains Steins v Oxford Owls
8th v 7th. This match will be a defining one for the Steins who undoubtedly at this stage are showing great improvement from last year and will relish a match against last years premiers. Owls would not want to drop this one as it would put a severe dent in their chances to retain the premiership cup.  leaning slightly to Steins with HGA but really a toss of the coin.

Blackpool Bunnies v Hastings Hurricanes
6th v 3rd - Bunnies are another team that has improved this year and will be anxious to test themselves against the ever consistent Hurricanes. Current form suggests a win for the Hurricanes but they will also have to overcome the very vocal Bunnies home crowd as well. Hurricanes in a tight one.

Hebden Bridge Hedgehogs v Wrexham Knights
12th v 11th  Another close match anticipated here with loser probably dropping out of contention for the 8. Hedgehogs have been disappointing this year and coach Koop will be looking for a win to maintain contact with 8. Knights have improved this year and expect a strong showing here. Hedgehogs may just scrape home here.

Nottingham Hoods v Grope Lane Giants
16th v 10th - Giants continuing their improvement and face the disappointing Hoods,  Hoods will be hoping the form of Hanneberry continues and if it does may cause an upset by getting over the Giants. Hoods will have the HGA as well which could be enough to get them over the line. Giants however will be looking for another win to keep in touch with the 8. Toss of the coin here but think Giants with the big incentive may just get home.

Manchester Magic v Bradford Badgers
5th v 14th, Hard to see anything but a Magic win here.

Note: We have a partial lock out this week
These additional rules will thus apply:
Geelong and Port Players will be locked at bounce of game
Captain, VC and EVC locked at bounce of Geelong Port Game
All remaining players will be locked at bounce of Sydney and Hawthorn game Friday.
Teams to be lodged in this thread to record changes.
No loopholing allowed

nas

Staines Steins.

Def:  Caleb Marchbank - L McDonald - C Mills - Sam Frost.

Mid: Josh Kelly (C) - Lachlan Hunter - Marcus Bontempelli (EVC) - Conor Blakely.

Ruck: Brodie Grundy .

Fwd: Christian Petracca - Elliot Yeo (VC F/M) - Jarman Impey - Shane Kersten.

Util: B Fiorini (M) - Sam Menegola (M).

Emerg: AM-Tippa (D) - Fraser McInnes (F/B) - Lewis Taylor (F) - Brayden Maynard (OOP R).

**Subject to Team line ups.**

iZander

Quote from: Ringo on May 22, 2017, 06:52:19 PM
Blackpool Bunnies v Hastings Hurricanes
6th v 3rd

I may be 3rd soon but im not 3rd yet ;) Let me have my time :D

Purple 77

Hurricanes have the #1 fantasy forward (I can only assume).

It's not going to be that close.

#SureThing

Nige

Hey Ringo, I think you'll find the win isn't probable, but official since there's no Suns/Port in our matchup.  ;)

Also, I'm definitely not beating Werewolves this week, but I've already beaten them once on a more important occasion.  :P

Ringo

Quote from: Nige on May 22, 2017, 07:27:17 PM
Hey Ringo, I think you'll find the win isn't probable, but official since there's no Suns/Port in our matchup.  ;)

Also, I'm definitely not beating Werewolves this week, but I've already beaten them once on a more important occasion.  :P
Agree but still used probable till official  ;)

kilbluff1985

versing Leeches with no Rocky  :'(

any miracle he plays Ringo?

i heard he was training last week already

Ringo

He was running but doing no contact work so suspect he may still miss this week and come back after the bye.

Would be great for my DT if he plays as well.

Rusty00

Quote from: Nige on May 22, 2017, 07:27:17 PM
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Ringo on May 22, 2017, 07:50:58 PM
He was running but doing no contact work so suspect he may still miss this week and come back after the bye.

Would be great for my DT if he plays as well.

He told Simon Black he would only miss the 1

SydneyRox

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 22, 2017, 07:16:27 PM

#SureThing

back in your box....

beware the bunny backed into a corner!!

:o

Purple 77

Quote from: SydneyRox on May 23, 2017, 10:02:54 AM

#SureThing

back in your box....

beware the bunny pedobear backed into a corner!!

Fixed :P

iZander

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 24, 2017, 10:43:13 AM
Quote from: SydneyRox on May 23, 2017, 10:02:54 AM

#SureThing

back in your box....

beware the bunny pedobear backed into a corner!!

Fixed :P
This pretty much sums it up ;)

Purple 77

iZander

Def: Laird, Pittard, Zac Williams, May
Mid: JPK (C), Jelwood (VC), Nathan Jones, Brendon Goddard (EVC)
Ruck: Mummy
Fwd: Westhoff, Shane Edwards, Pedobear, Towers
Int: Wells, Newnes

Emg: Dumont, Henderson, Stringer, Trengove