Main Menu

EXV Round 4

Started by Holz, April 27, 2017, 06:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: LaHug on May 02, 2017, 10:22:00 AM
I'm fine with that too!

We should probably make sure there are a clearly defined set of rules somewhere for these situations in future so people can just check them instead of asking here and waiting for a reply.

agreed only issue is if i post a set of rules people will be unhappy with that mid season.

the rules I think they should be is that people who miss are not punished harshly but in no way gain an advantage.

1. If you forgot to name a team then you get the same team as last week. if You have the captain and vic captain not play then the next highest playing averaging player is auto captain.

2. If you forgot to name a team on Friday night then players are locked in (ON FIELD) from last week. This means there can be no funny business. if players where VC or C last week then they lose that and a new VC and C must be named. This also means if they dont play then they are locked onto your field.

3. If you fail to name a bench then It will be based on last week.

4. If you end up not having a player to fill a position. i.e. only 14 of the 18 play either through mass late outs or having a team from last week then the highest averaging player will come at 50% score regardless of what position they are from.

any issues with that?

Holz

Quote from: Holz on May 02, 2017, 10:15:51 AM
Quote from: Scrads on May 01, 2017, 11:01:37 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on April 30, 2017, 03:06:38 AM
Sadly don't think they're locked in Scrads :(.

Options are you name a team without them in it if after deadline or go with the team from last week to include them.

But seeing as most of the games have been played now, not sure if that decision can be made at this point, so will leave it for Holz to decide what to do.

Holz - what are we doing here? I named my team after the Friday night game and treated the players I had play from my side the previous week as locked in. Only players in question are Zac Williams and Dylan Shiel. I think it's clear they are set in my best side. Shiel wasn't great, so if I was trying to rort the system I probably would have chanced someone beating him.

This will probably be an unpopular decision but i always go with what is the rational solution.

quite clear to me that Shiel and Zac where always going to be picked so have no issues with the team as it stands. Its a clear mistake and no advantage is gained.

If fringe players where involved and emergencies then I would not let them play.

ok sorry to be annoying but going to have to reverse this.

in the past people have taken the team from last week or named a team without these players. It seems highly unfair that 1 team gets the advatnage of retrospective rules and others do not.

The new rules will be posted in the rules thread and in the round thread for this week.

So the new rules will be in action going forward.

Scrads

Quote from: Holz on May 02, 2017, 10:59:07 AM
Quote from: Holz on May 02, 2017, 10:15:51 AM
Quote from: Scrads on May 01, 2017, 11:01:37 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on April 30, 2017, 03:06:38 AM
Sadly don't think they're locked in Scrads :(.

Options are you name a team without them in it if after deadline or go with the team from last week to include them.

But seeing as most of the games have been played now, not sure if that decision can be made at this point, so will leave it for Holz to decide what to do.

Holz - what are we doing here? I named my team after the Friday night game and treated the players I had play from my side the previous week as locked in. Only players in question are Zac Williams and Dylan Shiel. I think it's clear they are set in my best side. Shiel wasn't great, so if I was trying to rort the system I probably would have chanced someone beating him.

This will probably be an unpopular decision but i always go with what is the rational solution.

quite clear to me that Shiel and Zac where always going to be picked so have no issues with the team as it stands. Its a clear mistake and no advantage is gained.

If fringe players where involved and emergencies then I would not let them play.

ok sorry to be annoying but going to have to reverse this.

in the past people have taken the team from last week or named a team without these players. It seems highly unfair that 1 team gets the advatnage of retrospective rules and others do not.

The new rules will be posted in the rules thread and in the round thread for this week.

So the new rules will be in action going forward.

No problems, so what are we doing in regards to my team this week? Last week's team?

Hellopplz

Yep, fairly sure if you forget to name a team, it's the team from last week (which was the one from the previous week).

Ziplock

valkyries scored 1561 ftr :)

Spinking

Hi - Just a rule clarification, apologies if this is mentioned elsewhere.

On the spreadsheet I can see Darcy Parish in my forward line is listed as OOP, but he recently gained Fwd status in AF.  Is he listed as OOP because we don't use the position changes mid season?

Don't really mind either way - I have fwds playing as my utility players, so could easily have moved Parish back to the mids, but just need to know for future reference.

Holz

Quote from: Spinking on May 04, 2017, 06:02:58 PM
Hi - Just a rule clarification, apologies if this is mentioned elsewhere.

On the spreadsheet I can see Darcy Parish in my forward line is listed as OOP, but he recently gained Fwd status in AF.  Is he listed as OOP because we don't use the position changes mid season?

Don't really mind either way - I have fwds playing as my utility players, so could easily have moved Parish back to the mids, but just need to know for future reference.

we follow RDT not AF so no position changes during the season.

Rids

Are these round match up results finished yet? Russia scoring 0 currently for rd 4

Ziplock

Quote from: Rids on May 08, 2017, 01:34:26 PM
Are these round match up results finished yet? Russia scoring 0 currently for rd 4

Looking at the plebs on your list, sounds about right.

Rids

Quote from: Ziplock on May 09, 2017, 09:33:18 PM

It was also the week one of those plebs was named captained and scored 162  ;)

Ziplock

Quote from: Rids on May 10, 2017, 12:27:19 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on May 09, 2017, 09:33:18 PM

It was also the week one of those plebs was named captained and scored 162  ;)

and Tambling was taken at pick 4, random luck happens.

Rids

I am confused sorry. My enquiry is actually a genuine one. For some reason Russia is coming up with a 0 in the match-ups.

I posted the team in the thread as I thought was correct. Was I meant to post it in the spreadsheet as well? Was there a rule change that I have missed?

LaHug

Quote from: Rids on May 11, 2017, 03:28:21 PM
I am confused sorry. My enquiry is actually a genuine one. For some reason Russia is coming up with a 0 in the match-ups.

I posted the team in the thread as I thought was correct. Was I meant to post it in the spreadsheet as well? Was there a rule change that I have missed?

It's coming up as 0 because nobody's input the list into the spreadsheet and put the numbers in yet. I think most coaches typically just do that themselves because it makes everyone's job easier. I've done it for the Bison most weeks and I'm sure others have for their teams. I don't know if it's an actual requirement though.

Nige

Quote from: LaHug on May 11, 2017, 03:35:12 PM

It's coming up as 0 because nobody's input the list into the spreadsheet and put the numbers in yet. I think most coaches typically just do that themselves because it makes everyone's job easier. I've done it for the Bison most weeks and I'm sure others have for their teams. I don't know if it's an actual requirement though.
Pretty much.

The spreadsheet is a way to speed up the process of calculating the scores and displaying other info like the fixtures, ladder and results, but obviously there are still several manual processes that need to be done. Holz seems to be perennially busy and a vast majority of the coaches in this comp pretty much show up to just post their scores (incorrectly at times as well, which doesn't help).

Basically, it's assumed that a coach will, at the very least, name their team (correctly) in either the weekly thread or in the spreadsheet. Both is ideal, but not compulsory.

Personally, I do the former and then the latter when I have time, and then at the end of the weekend/round, I add in my opponent's team and scores if they haven't already been done.

So yeah, the only mandatory requirement is the naming of one's team every week, that's it. The rest is optional.

Holz

Quote from: Nige on May 11, 2017, 03:52:11 PM
Quote from: LaHug on May 11, 2017, 03:35:12 PM

Pretty much.

The spreadsheet is a way to speed up the process of calculating the scores and displaying other info like the fixtures, ladder and results, but obviously there are still several manual processes that need to be done. Holz seems to be perennially busy and a vast majority of the coaches in this comp pretty much show up to just post their scores (incorrectly at times as well, which doesn't help).

Basically, it's assumed that a coach will, at the very least, name their team (correctly) in either the weekly thread or in the spreadsheet. Both is ideal, but not compulsory.

Personally, I do the former and then the latter when I have time, and then at the end of the weekend/round, I add in my opponent's team and scores if they haven't already been done.

So yeah, the only mandatory requirement is the naming of one's team every week, that's it. The rest is optional.

yep this is correct.

i have Friday night free so im going to finish round 4, start round 5 and have round 6 entered in the spreadsheet and Friday night games probably in. So then im actually ahead.

Nige is right its not a requirment but if teams could post in the google doc it would be nice. As it drops my work load a little bit.