British XV Round 4 Lodgement and Banter

Started by GoLions, April 10, 2017, 04:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Looks like theyre will be a couple of really good matches this week! Could even be make or break for some teams :o

Before I get to the fixture, this week will be a partial lockout, likely on two occasions. We have the Eagles and Swans on Thursday night, and then we have the Roos and Dogs on Friday as a twilight game. This means that the game will likely start (i assume) before the final teams for the rest of the weekend are announced. We then have the Hawks and Cats on Monday, so final teams for them will be announced on Saturday afternoon I think.

Swans and Eagles players will need to be named before their game starts on Thursday, as will captains, vice captains, and emergency vice captains. I think we should also have a small partial lockout on Friday, so Roos and Dogs players will need to be named before the game starts, but then with final teams coming out afterwards, we may allow full lockout to occur between the Roos/Dogs game and the first game on Saturday (Dees/Freo). Perhaps before final teams are announced for this game though.

Ideally, if you could name your final teams on Friday that would be super, and we would be fine with any changes made due to a player being an unexpected inclusion or exclusion to their side. With the Hawks and Cats players, you will probably have to cop it if someone doesn't make the final team on Saturday afternoon in that game, so be prepared with players from those teams and make sure you have the appropriate emergencies to cover, just in case :)

Ringo can confirm how we want to do this during the week.

Round 4 Fixture:

Hoods vs Rams: The bottom 2 teams will be going head to head this week! Both yet to register a win, hopefully one of them can get 4 points this week haha. The Hoods couldn't have had a worse start to the season really, with Hannebery in terrible form, along with injuries to NicNat and Coniglio, that's about 200ppg they've lost each week. The Rams haven't been too bad, with new recruit Dayne Beams absolutely killing it so far, along with a number of their other new players. They need to get it right at the selection table though. I think the Rams will win this one in a nailbiter.

Magic vs Hedgies: Both of these teams sit just outside the 8, and both could make it in with a win this week, particularly for the Magic, who have been pretty good so far this year. The Hedgies started poorly, unable to cover some injuries to their best xv players, but found some form on the weekend! Dusty could be in for another big score this week...might just get the Hedgies over the line!

Bunnies vs Badgers: Damn, the Bunnies put up a very good score last week! Getting over 2300 for the first time in quite a while for them I believe, thanks to some of their young guns, including Zac Jones, Lachie Plowman, and Round 3 Rising Star nominee Sam Petrevski-Seton! And the usuals in Marc Murphy and Matt Crouch were also excellent. The Badgers meanwhile haven't hit their best, but haven't been terrible either. Not sure if those young Bunnies players can back it up again, so I'll go with the Badgers here...but an upset could definitely be on the cards when they have HGA against.

Owls vs Giants: One week ago, I would have called this a percentage booster for the Owls. Would have said the same thing two weeks ago. Also three weeks ago. But, if these two teams played last week, the Giants would have won! Owls were pretty disappointing in their match against the Hurricanes in comparison to their usual high standards, but they showed this inconsistency last season as well. The Giants have just been getting better and better, and almost knocked off the Hedgies on the weekend. It's so hard to tip against the Owls. So I won't. But beware the sleeping Giants!

Knights vs Leeches: The Knights were unlucky to cop an injured Ryan Griffen in round 3, which in the end meant that they were knocked out of the Rob Roy Shield. The Leeches however came up against a red-hot Steins outfit, and walked away with a huge win. With the Knights struggling so far this season, it's hard to see them winning this one. But, like I always say, when you have Dangerfield as your captain, anything can happen!

Breakers vs Hurricanes: What is happening to the Breakers? Top 8 last year, and been very poor so far this year. They seemed to look a bit more long term in the trade period, giving guys like Montagna and Rich a new home, and bringing in players such as Mitch Wallis (injured) and Pearce Hanley (out due to family reasons). I can't see them knocking over this Hurricanes team, even with HGA on their side.

Steins vs Werewolves: Ooh, this match could be interesting. The Werewolves were huge in round 2, but were unable to get over the Hawks on the weekend. The Steins started the year really well, but dropped off against the Leeches in a really important game for them, with Max Gawn going down injured as well. This game is perhaps even more important now, and it will be interesting to see how they are able to cover the loss of Gawn. Obviously Grundy comes into the ruck, but who will take his spot as utility? Sam Menegola and Connor Blakely are probably the front-runners here. Meanwhile, the Werewolves are just about at full strength, with Michael Hibberd the only player really missing now, and Dean kent should see his way into the squad as well to bolster their forward line. Werewolves for me.

Dragons vs Hawks: So many good matches already, and this could be the best one of them all. The Dragons have had a really good start to the year, but so have the Hawks, especially after their massive win over the Werewolves. They now sit 2nd on the ladder, undefeated, and will be hoping for that winning streak to continue. The Dragons have only lost the 1 match to the Owls, but have been one of the top 4 teams so far I'd say with how they've been scoring. I'll back the Dragons at home in a close one.

nas

Staines Steins.

Def:  Caleb Marchbank - Braden Maynard - Callum Mills - Luke McDonald.

Mid: Josh Kelly (C) - Lachlan Hunter - Marcus Bontempelli - Billy Stretch.

Ruck: Brodie Grundy. (VC)

Fwd: Christian Petracca - Elliot Yeo (F/M) - Lewis Taylor - Shane Kersten.

Util: Sam Menegola - Brayden Fiorini.

Emerg: Conor Blakely (M) - Jarman Impey (F) - James Harmes (D) - Jake Spencer (R).

**Subject to Team line ups.**

iZander

Would really like to swap one of my defenders for a forward right now....mid season trade period? hahaha
Or relying on Matera to break out this year :P Good start last weekend but dont think he will get many games where GC will win by that much :/

Def: Laird, Zac Williams, Pittard, May
Mid: JPK (C), Jelwood, Nathan Jones, Brendon Goddard
Ruck: Mummy
Fwd: Westhoff, Cyril, Stringer, Matera
Int: Armitage, Dumont

Emg: Newnes, Salem, Lobb, Trengove

Ringo

Think we stick to the lockout at bounce of Friday night game providing all Sunday Teams have been finalised. Risk with Cats and Hawks players.

GoLions

Quote from: Ringo on April 10, 2017, 05:01:41 PM
Think we stick to the lockout at bounce of Friday night game providing all Sunday Teams have been finalised. Risk with Cats and Hawks players.
I don't think they will be. Game starts at 4:40

Ringo

Quote from: GoLions on April 10, 2017, 05:03:55 PM
Did not check start time  >:( If not finalised then we lock Norths Dogs Players at Bounce with full lock out of Melbourne freo game on Saturday,

Ringo

Quote from: Ringo on April 10, 2017, 05:09:17 PM
Quote from: GoLions on April 10, 2017, 05:03:55 PM
Did not check start time  >:( If not finalised then we lock Norths Dogs Players at Bounce with full lock out of Melbourne freo game on Saturday,
Just received this tweet from DT,

AFL Dream Team‏ @DreamTeamAFL

DOUBLE Partial Lockout for Rd 4 - 8:10pm Thurs, 4:20pm Friday, FULL lockout 1:45pm Sat.

So looks like our partial lockout rules for thius week will be:
Eagles Swans Players, Captain, Vice Captain and EVC will be locked at bounce of their game on Thursday
Roos and Bulldog players will be locked at bounce of their game on Friday
Remaining players will be locked at bounce Dees Dockers game on Saturday.
No loopholing as per rules.

Koop

DEF: Leigh Montagna, Daniel Rich, Aaron Mullett, Jarryn Geary
MID: Dustin Martin (c), Lachie Neale (vc), Luke Parker, Alex Neal-Bullen (evc)
RUC: Callum Sinclair
FWD: Toby Greene, Jack Watts, Matthew Wright, Levi Greenwood
UTL: David Zaharakis, Timothy Broomhead

EMG: Brent Stanton (MID), Shane Savage (DEF), Josh Bruce (FWD), Rhys Stanley (RUC)

IN: Aaron Mullett, Callum Sinclair (late in last week), Jack Watts, Levi Greenwood, Timothy Broomhead
OUT: Shane Savage (omit), Rhys Stanley (unnamed), Brent Stanton, Kieren Jack, Mav Weller (all omit)

End of the line for Savage, Stanton, Jack & Weller. Sorry I doubted you Dusty

kilbluff1985

so tempted to drop Caddy but that always backfires

kilbluff1985

Birmingham

D: Matthew Suckling, Robbie Tarrant, Robert Murphy, Shaun Atley
M: Tom Mitchell (VC), Tom Rockliff (C), Mitch Duncan, Zach Merrett (EVC)
R: Ben McEvoy
F: Josh Caddy, Steven Motlop, Josh Jenkins, Will Hoskin-Elliott
I/C: Brad Ebert, Aaron Hall

E: Will Langford  (M), Darcy Byrne-Jones (D),  Tom Bellchambers (R), Orazio Fantasia(F)

iZander

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 11, 2017, 12:36:38 PM
so tempted to drop Caddy but that always backfires

I just traded him out of AF this week so he should fire up a bit :P

Nige

Ringo

Breakers slide no surprise when the coach predicted it.

Biggest Slider: Swansea Breakers

So making sure I get at least 1 prediction right  ;) Seriously though been hurt by Lewis suspension plus other injuries. Have 5 LTI's on my list and some best 15.

Just Read Pearce Hanley is back training with Suns so may have a mid available.

Rusty00

(Potential) Milestones Games for Round 4

Rory Laird (Hastings) 50 games
Paul Puopolo (Manchester) 50 games
Aaron Sandilands (Oxford) 50 games
Cameron Guthrie (Oxford) 50 games

Rusty00

Winchester Werewolves

D: Kade Simpson, Luke Hodge, Easton Wood, Nic Newman
M: Nathan Fyfe (C), Patrick Cripps (EVC), Matt Priddis (VC), Robbie Gray
R: Toby Nankervis
F: Luke Dahlhaus, Jarryd Roughead, Jack Steele, Daniel Menzel
I: Dayne Zorko, Sam Gibson

E:  Dean Kent (F), Brad Sheppard (D), Matthew Leuenberger (R), Ryan Clarke (M)