North have offered Josh Kelly a Buddy like deal

Started by kilbluff1985, April 05, 2017, 09:04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

interesting think they crazy not sure he worth it

GoLions

Yeah don't think he's worth that, but definitely the type of player that North needs.

Funnily enough, was listening to JB and Billy on the rush hour a week or two ago, and they were talking about North needing someone like Kelly as well. One of them mentioned that they should just give him a blank cheque and let him name his price. Maybe that actually happened :P

SydneyRox

Way too much to offer a guy like kelly. If they want to throw money at someone should pick fyfe.

Bill Manspeaker

good on em I reckon. Kelly will be one of the best midfielders during the 9 years. pay to get quality

Kelly has to take the offer, without a second thought

SydneyRox

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on April 05, 2017, 01:29:06 PM
good on em I reckon. Kelly will be one of the best midfielders during the 9 years. pay to get quality

Bet GWS thought they were getting a good player when they paid scully!

Jury still out on Boyd as well.

When Sydney paid buddy, he was arguably the best player in the game, and has arguably got better.

If they reckon the Buddy deal upset the swans, imagine what guys like Cunnington and ziebell will feel?

iZander

Quote from: SydneyRox on April 05, 2017, 01:40:49 PM

When Sydney paid buddy, he was arguably the best player in the game, and has arguably got better.

If they reckon the Buddy deal upset the swans, imagine what guys like Cunnington and ziebell will feel?

Yeah agree, you cant go paying him that much

Although personally i think the buddy deal was overpaid atleast he was a one of the best in the game at that point, the scully deal was different again since they had an umlimited check book to start with didnt they??? (not actually sure on this but i think so)

And i agree, thats surly gotta piss off the other players?

RaisyDaisy

I think we will only see more and more of this

If you want a quality player and need to poach them from another club then you have to pay overs to entice them

GoLions

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 05, 2017, 01:56:59 PM

If you want a quality player and need to poach them from another club then you have to pay overs to entice them
Especially if they're in a team likely to be top 4 and plenty of years of success ahead of them :P

Torpedo10

What do you take.

Atleast a couple premierships and stability in Sydney, or relocation for the $$$?

iZander

Quote from: GoLions on April 05, 2017, 02:04:39 PM

Especially if they're in a team likely to be top 4 and plenty of years of success ahead of them :P

haha and going to a team with the exact opposite ahead :P

Bill Manspeaker

Kelly's already shown more than Scully and will be a much better player, and the Dogs would do the Boyd trade all over again. he played a massive part in their second ever premiership. still young and I bet they couldn't be happier with him

I think guys like Cunnington and Ziebell will get over it pretty quick. it's just how footy is these days and we'll be seeing deals like this more often now like RD said

Toga

Josh Kelly is head and shoulders next level compared to Cunnington and Ziebell.

fanTCfool

Not sure how the young lad can turn such money down, I think even Josh Kelly would agree that it is a little overs.

HappyDEZ

Plus overs now will be a reasonable price 1/2 way through as the salary cap is set to soar in the next decade.

jvalles69