Blues Blues Blues 2017

Started by Blues Blues Blues, April 03, 2017, 08:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blues Blues Blues

Hey all,

My first team post for 2017.

Def: Shaw, Laird, Adams, Marchbank, Hampton, Otten (Stewart, Smith)
Mid: Danger, Treloar, Fyfe, Titchell, Beams, JOM, Swallow, SPP (Barrett, Picket, Hibberd)
Ruck: Sandi, Witts (Strnadica)
Fwd: Dahl, Buddy, Greene, Higgins, Roughy, Nankervis (Parfit, Eddy)

30 trades left and $75k.

Started pretty well, and I'm really happy with my team. I don't WANT to trade, but I feel I HAVE to!! Trade targets are:

1. Marc Murphy - so cheap, and with Gibbs/Cripps copping the tag he's running amok
2. WHE - playing well, will make a heap of cash, although the fact he may lose his spot when Wells, DeGoey etc comes back scares me

JOM to Murphy and Roughy to WHE leaves me $115k. It's not as if Roughy and JOM are playing terrible, but I just want Murphy.

Appreciate any thoughts on the team and trades!

Blues Blues Blues

Hey all,

Really wondering what to do this week!

Def: Laird, Adams, Shaw, Marchbank, Newman, Otten (Berry, Stewart)
Mid: Danger, Titch, Bont, Cripps, Murphy, Fyfe, Treloar, Barret (Fisher, Picket, Hibberd)
Ruc: Sandi, Witts (Strnadica)
Fwd: Dahl, Macrae, Buddy, Greene, Higgins, Nank (Parsons, Eddy)

21 trades and $20.9k.

I'm looking to get rid of Otten and Marchbank with their high BEs, and do a downgrade and upgrade.

Thinking:
- Upgrade: Docherty, Z Jones or Hibberd
- Downgrade: McInnes or Perryman

Any advice or thoughts appreciated!
-

Jelemas

Your plan looks sound, just gotta choose the right premium and option between McInnes and Perryman.
Id probably lean towards Docherty and McInnes(based on byes) but js worries me for both rookies personally.

Blues Blues Blues

Down to 16 trades! Where have they gone - seems like only last week I was in the mid 20's!

Current team is:
Def: Adams, Laird, Hibberd, Shaw, Scharenberg, Berry (Stewart, Hibberd)
Mid: Titchell, Danger, Sloane, Cripps, Treloar, Bont, Murphy, Fyfe (S. Selwood,
Greenwood, Fisher)
Ruc: Witts, Sandi (Stranidica)
Fwd: Macrae, Franklin, Greene, Dahl, Nank, Higgins (Parsons, Eddy)

$42.5 salary cap.

Obviously my defense is a mess, rucks ok other than Sandi injury, and forwards and Mids strong.

Thinking Fyfe is not a shadow of himself, and not likely to be top mid. Therefore thinking:
- Fisher to Cousins
- Fyfe to Docherty (via Hibberd to mids).

Would mean S Selwood will be playing M8 which I'm happy with. Down the track I'll turn him into a premium such as Rocky, GAJ or even his brother Jelwood.

Thoughts? Am I jumping the gun and wasting a trade on Fyfe?

enzedder

I'm not sure about trading Fyfe. He's averaging 101. Not what we expected but it's not like he's scoring 80s like Shaw.
I know Docherty is averaging considerably more and is a must have defender but I think you are giving up a fair bit for it. If Fyfe stays down then yeah you get a leg up but will he stay down?
How about trading Fisher to Cousins, Parsons via Greenwood via Berry/Hibberd to rookie def like Ryan or go early on CBrown and Stewart to Simmo. Not Dochers I know but you get another premium defender in, whilst keeping Fyfe.

Blues Blues Blues

Quote from: enzedder on June 07, 2017, 06:03:34 AM
I'm not sure about trading Fyfe. He's averaging 101. Not what we expected but it's not like he's scoring 80s like Shaw.
I know Docherty is averaging considerably more and is a must have defender but I think you are giving up a fair bit for it. If Fyfe stays down then yeah you get a leg up but will he stay down?
How about trading Fisher to Cousins, Parsons via Greenwood via Berry/Hibberd to rookie def like Ryan or go early on CBrown and Stewart to Simmo. Not Dochers I know but you get another premium defender in, whilst keeping Fyfe.

Cheers mate, appreciate the response. You're right about Fyfe, but I jut think Rocky is going to beat him this year and I want him, and with his low BE and fact playing at Gabba, this is week to get him! And with Sandi out I think I've found a better way to get him!

OUT: Fisher IN: Cousins
OUT: Sandi (Nank to ruck, Greenwood to Fwds). IN: Rocky!

New team would be:
Mid: Titchell, Danger, Sloane, Cripps, Treloar, Bont, Murphy, Rocky (Fyfe, S. Selwood,
Cousins)
Ruc: Witts, Nank (Stranidica)
Fwd: Macrae, Franklin, Greene, Dahl, Higgins, Greenwood (Parsons, Eddy)

Obviously mids stacked so after byes would look at offloading Fyfe or Scooter or both and finishing Defence and last fwd. I could turn Sandi into Docherty this week via Hibberd to mids, but he has a BE of 127 and playing the Giants.

I think I like this...

Blues Blues Blues

I'm trying to conduct operation 'Get Docherty' but struggling to raise the funds.

Current team is:

Mid: Titchell, Danger, Sloane, Cripps, Treloar, Bont, Murphy, Rocky (Fyfe, S. Selwood,
Cousins)
Ruc: Witts, Nank (Stranidica)
Fwd: Macrae, Franklin, Greene, Dahl, Higgins, Greenwood (Parsons, Eddy)

14 trades but only $13k.

Plan was to trade FYFE out, DOCHERTY in (Hibberd to mids) but I'm $110k short. I need a downgrade, and looking at Ryan or Brown, but my current rooks haven't matured yet.

- Stewart (BE 11)
- Berry (BE 39)
- Greenwood (BE 1)
- Scabrenberg (BE 3)
- Parsons (BE 19)

My brain is telling me to wait until these guys make me more cash, but with Docherty just smashing out a 144 and now having a BE of 87, I can't see him dropping in value anytime soon.

Any thoughts?

js19

Depends how aggressive you want to be...

Could go Shaw to Ryan, Fyfe to Doc, leaving cash for Lloyd or even Roberton next week

Otherwise, Berry goes of that lot. You're very short on players already for this week though, so not sure Doc should be your highest priority at this point

Blues Blues Blues

Hi guys,

Down to 10 trades and $185k. Need to find another ruck or forward (depending where I leave Nank) plus replace Cripps.

Team is:

Docherty, Adams, Laird, Hibberd, Lloyd, Shaw (Schaz, Ryan)
Danger, Titchell, Bont, Rocky, Sloane, Murphy, Treloar, CRIPPS (Witherden, Hibberd, Cousins)
Wits, Nank (Stnadica)
Macrae, Greene, Buddy, Dahl, Higgins, Greenwood (Parsons, Eddy)

Thinking Cripps to Zorko (BE of 34 this week and looks to have a great run home). This would leave $130k. Next week is look to upgrade maybe Parsons to Gawn by switching Nank forward.

Any other thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Ringo

Like Cripps to Zorko

If Scharenberg not named for extra cash would go Scharenberg to Brown/Bolton via Hibberd. Opens up both def and fwd DPP for you to interchange Hibberd/Witherden and Greenwood with Brown/Bolton.  Your choice though and DPP could come in handy to save trades later.

Blues Blues Blues

Quote from: Ringo on July 10, 2017, 10:55:09 PM
Like Cripps to Zorko

If Scharenberg not named for extra cash would go Scharenberg to Brown/Bolton via Hibberd. Opens up both def and fwd DPP for you to interchange Hibberd/Witherden and Greenwood with Brown/Bolton.  Your choice though and DPP could come in handy to save trades later.

Cheers Ringo. I'll definitely try and open up the DPP prior to finals.

Just had another play around, and thinking of maybe using 2 trades this week:
1. Cripps to Jelwood
2. Parsons to Gawn (Nank to forwards)

Leaves a completed team and 8 trades for injuries or luxury upgrades (I'm looking at you Shaw, Treloar, Nank, Sloane and Rocky)

enzedder

Would be all over Jelwood and Ryder in your situation.
Ryder has a 5 game average of 108, 5th best ruck on average 98.1, 5th best fwd on ave too,  DPP with Nank.
Jelwood is a no brainer.
Should leave you with 10k...trading Cripps and Parsons.

Ringo

Concur with enzedder here Ryder and Kreuzer are the current form ruckman of the competition.

Blues Blues Blues

Cheers Enzedder and Ringo,

Ryder does have a good 5 game avg but there are some low 80 scores mixed in. I already have Strnadica for the fwd/Ruck link so don't need Ryder for that. I'm just expecting Gawn to start hitting his straps and pump out some consistent 100+ scores, including some big ones. I'd love Kruezer but he's too expensive.

Peter

Also Goldstein, but Ryder has 5 of last 7 at home