AXVS 2017 Rising Star and Team of the Week

Started by Rusty00, March 29, 2017, 10:31:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty00

Quote from: fanTCfool on April 10, 2017, 03:26:50 PM
Quote from: Rusty00 on April 10, 2017, 12:42:57 PM
For the third consecutive week the Bangkok combo of Rids/Nostra were named as coach, showing the Crabs are definitely the team to beat this season.

Was it Rico or Rids/Nostra for coach(es) of the week? Opening post says Rico while above says the Crabs duo.
I thought at first it was Rico, but HGA should get Rids/Nostra over the line. Opening post corrected

Rusty00

Quote from: SydneyRox on April 10, 2017, 03:10:05 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on April 05, 2017, 10:29:19 AM
Rising Star will score 110 this week
:o

Jack Silvagni is the Round 3 rising star nomination after another solid performance in attack for Hong Kong. Silvagni has played all 3 games for the Dongs this season and is an important part of their future. Interestingly three other rookies scored better than Silvagni this week but were not named for their respective AXV teams - Sam Petrevski-Seton from Tibet, Ryan Burton and Jacob Hopper from Vietnam. This was the second consecutive week that Ryan Burton would have won the rising star nomination if named for the Vipers.

The UAE Tigers had 3 players make the Round 3 Team of the Week including Dustin Martin as captain. It was Martin's second time in three rounds in the team as it was for Taylor Adams (Bangkok), Marc Murphy (Mongolia), Matthew Kreuzer (Taiwan) and Rory Sloane (Sri Lanka). A couple of unlucky players who would have made team but weren't selected by the AXV Coach's were Alex Neal-Bullen (PNG) :'( and Brandon Matera (Vietnam). For the third consecutive week the Bangkok combo of Rids/Nostra were named as coach, showing the Crabs are definitely the team to beat this season.

hard team to get into - we also had Nic Newman who would have won rising star nom as well, I believe

Consistency is the Vipers #1 issue right now.....
Newman is not eligible ;)

Ricochet

Quote from: Rusty00 on April 10, 2017, 03:32:32 PM
For the third consecutive week the Bangkok combo of Rids/Nostra were named as coach, showing the Crabs are definitely the team to beat this season.

Was it Rico or Rids/Nostra for coach(es) of the week? Opening post says Rico while above says the Crabs duo.
I thought at first it was Rico, but HGA should get Rids/Nostra over the line. Opening post corrected
:'(

Bloody HGA!!!!

iZander

Quote from: Ricochet on April 10, 2017, 03:45:00 PM

Bloody HGA!!!!
Never really had a chance without HGA Rico

GoLions

Quote from: iZander on April 10, 2017, 03:46:38 PM

Bloody HGA!!!!
Ahahaha, HGA against strikes again

Koop

Hey Rusty. I swapped Hunt out for Kent at the last minute on FF so you can void his TOTW performance.

Rusty00

Quote from: Koop on April 10, 2017, 05:11:28 PM
Hey Rusty. I swapped Hunt out for Kent at the last minute on FF so you can void his TOTW performance.
Ah cool, didn't pick that up. Shame for young Hunt.

Rusty00

Quote from: GoLions on April 10, 2017, 03:56:50 PM

Bloody HGA!!!!
Can you guys link me to the post where this joke started so I can find it amusing as well ;)

iZander

Quote from: Rusty00 on April 10, 2017, 06:11:07 PM
Quote from: GoLions on April 10, 2017, 03:56:50 PM

Bloody HGA!!!!
Can you guys link me to the post where this joke started so I can find it amusing as well ;)
http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,109152.100.html

Its on the 3rd page and its my post mid way with several quotes

Rusty00

Jason Castagna is the Round 4 rising star nomination after an polished performance in defense for Laos. After a poor performance in Round 2, Castagna was dropped for Round 3 before returning this week in the Elephants defence and will be hoping he can string together more performances like the one shown against the Tigers.

JBs has broken the Bangkok strangehold on the coach of the week position after his Ales handed the Crabs their first loss of the season, posting the highest score of the week in the process. Despite the loss, the Crabs had 4 players selected in the TOTW for Round 4, whilst Hong Kong had their first player selected for the year after Travis Colyer put his name forward in an outstanding display in their victory over the Head Hunters. Rory Sloane made it 3 weeks in a row selected in the TOTW becoming the first players to obtain 3 selections, whilst the GOAT himself took back his rightful position as team Captain 8)

Koop

Quote from: Rusty00 on April 18, 2017, 06:05:26 PM
James Parsons is the Round 4 rising star nomination after a solid performance on debut for the Mongolian Lambs. Two other rookies scored better than Parsons this week but were not named for their respective AXV teams - Brayden Fiorini from Bangladesh and Andrew McGrath from Taiwan.

JBs has broken the Bangkok strangehold on the coach of the week position after his Ales handed the Crabs their first loss of the season, posting the highest score of the week in the process. Despite the loss, the Crabs had 4 players selected in the TOTW for Round 4, whilst Hong Kong had their first player selected for the year after Travis Colyer put his name forward in an outstanding display in their victory over the Head Hunters. Rory Sloane made it 3 weeks in a row selected in the TOTW becoming the first players to obtain 3 selections, whilst the GOAT himself took back his rightful position as team Captain 8)

Castagna?

Rusty00

Quote from: Koop on April 18, 2017, 06:07:59 PM
Quote from: Rusty00 on April 18, 2017, 06:05:26 PM
James Parsons is the Round 4 rising star nomination after a solid performance on debut for the Mongolian Lambs. Two other rookies scored better than Parsons this week but were not named for their respective AXV teams - Brayden Fiorini from Bangladesh and Andrew McGrath from Taiwan.

Castagna?
Hmmn :-[

fanTCfool

James' reaction to being stripped of the award:

Nige

Rusty00

Caleb Marchbank is the Round 5 rising star nomination after another solid display in defense for Mongolia. Unlucky players this week who scored more than (or the same as) Marchbank were Eric Hipwood from the UAE Tigers, Charlie Curnow from the Hong Kong Dongs, Matthew Kennedy from the Turkey Gazzelles and Sam Petrevski-Seton from the Tibet Lllamas.

Rico wins his first coach of the week nomination as the Crocs remain undefeated at the top of the table. A large part of that was due to Croc's midfielder Joel Selwood posting the highest score of the year to date to be named Captain of the week 5 team. Bangkok again led the way with 3 players in the TOTW whilst Laos defender Dylan Roberton joined Rory Sloane with 3 TOTW nominations for the season thus far.