Main Menu

2017 Rising Star nomination.

Started by nas, March 28, 2017, 10:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nas

Sam Powell-Pepper gets the nomination for his efforts in Round 1.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-27/powerful-port-mids-instant-impact-earns-rising-star-nod

PORT Adelaide drafted Sam Powell-Pepper last year believing the powerful midfielder could make an immediate impact at the top level. But few at the club could have expected such an early impression.

Powell-Pepper's excellent debut for the Power in their win over Sydney last week has earned the 19-year-old the first NAB AFL Rising Star nomination of the season.

The No.18 pick at last year's national draft gathered 19 touches, seven clearances, five inside 50s and kicked two important goals in his team's 28-point victory at the SCG, but admits his quick jump into the Power's starting team has surprised him.

Dudge

Not going overboard yet, but imagine him a Ollie  in a couple of years.  Plus Atley and Drew with developement, i think we'll have a big bodied midfield

jvalles69

His odds went from $41 pre selection, to $17 after selection, into $9 after his game, now into $6 after the round.  Can't flowering believe I missed the boat when I was watching the odds. :(