WXV Ladder Positions 2017

Started by Purple 77, March 27, 2017, 11:45:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 16, 2017, 09:41:39 PM
We've been in the Top 3 all year, and with just 2 games remaining we could mathematically fall out of the 8 all together

That's crazy!

Uh, nah I think you're guaranteed to make finals now. You can finish 8th though I guess

RaisyDaisy

I didn't check the actual fixture, just looked at the current win loss results which shows we could miss, but obviously there are games that will prevent that, thankfully

meow meow

That loss to NY is probably going to look more costly by the week.

upthemaidens

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 16, 2017, 09:46:39 PM
I didn't check the actual fixture, just looked at the current win loss results which shows we could miss, but obviously there are games that will prevent that, thankfully
8th has 8 wins, you have 11 wins.  There are two games left. 

Nige

Having had a look at the fixtures of 8th to 11th, it's gonna be a very interesting fortnight.

Mexico vs London (A), Seoul (H)
Christchurch vs Cape Town (A), Toronto (H)
Cairo vs Dublin (H), PNL (A)
PNL vs New Delhi (A), Cairo (H)

R16:
Mexico will do well to lose.
Christchurch should win.
We have HGA which could be important given Dublin's patchy form.
PNL will have a fight against NDT.

R17:
Mexico host Seoul, a win probably guarantees them finals and kills the chances for the others but it'll be tough.
Christchurch host Toronto who are yet to beat them, but this could be the year given Toronto is a lot more competitive now.
We're away against PNL which could potentially decide which team actually makes it in... or finishes 9th.

Should be a tad more optimistic but given we overachieved quite a bit this year, I'm pretty happy with how we've done. Finals would probably be the cherry on top of a season that exceeded expectations.

Interesting times ahead though!

Holz

Just working out what i need to do to get 4th to get the easy draw

meow meow

If we could somehow finish 8th while the Pietenders finish 5th that'd be a dream. Look how shower they were this week. Griff, Waite would be back to flower them up.

Adamant

Right, so we need the following to happen in order to sneak into 8th.

Toronto: Win our last two games (Buenos Aires and Christchurch)
PNL: Lose this week (NDT), last game becomes irrelevant vs Cairo
Cairo: Lose this week (Dublin), last game becomes irrelevant vs PNL
Christchurch: Can beat Cape Town this week, but need to lose to Toronto in last round
Mexico: Either lose last two games (London and Seoul) or beat London (not by too much) and lose to Seoul

Ha, it's not actually impossible. We should get a bit of a % booster this week too (no disrespect to the Dillos) to get us above Mexico.

Bloody Savage and Kerridge. If these two weren't taking the piss earlier in the season and actually played to their true form when we were struggling with injury then mabye we could have cemented a spot by now.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: upthemaidens on July 16, 2017, 09:54:40 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 16, 2017, 09:46:39 PM
8th has 8 wins, you have 11 wins.  There are two games left.

LMAO, I could of swear I thought Mexico was on 9 wins haha my bad!

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on July 16, 2017, 10:12:04 PM
If we could somehow finish 8th while the Pietenders finish 5th that'd be a dream. Look how shower they were this week. Griff, Waite would be back to flower them up.

So the last time you play me I beat you by 35 points at your home ground and then you want to play me in Dublin?

I average 13 more points so add HGA and that almost a 20 point advantage heading in to the game.

Delusional.

meow meow

We had Bob, McVeigh, Wells, Griffen, Sandilands and Waite out. All except Sandi should be available in the first round of finals if we make it. That should make some sort of difference.

Adamant

Quote from: Adamant on July 16, 2017, 10:53:30 PM
Right, so we need the following to happen in order to sneak into 8th.

Toronto: Win our last two games (Buenos Aires and Christchurch)
PNL: Lose this week (NDT), last game becomes irrelevant vs Cairo
Cairo: Lose this week (Dublin), last game becomes irrelevant vs PNL
Christchurch: Can beat Cape Town this week, but need to lose to Toronto in last round
Mexico: Either lose last two games (London and Seoul) or beat London (not by too much) and lose to Seoul

Ha, it's not actually impossible. We should get a bit of a % booster this week too (no disrespect to the Dillos) to get us above Mexico.

Bloody Savage and Kerridge. If these two weren't taking the piss earlier in the season and actually played to their true form when we were struggling with injury then mabye we could have cemented a spot by now.

Pendles cooked, can forget about this now.

meow meow

Pacific 9     
Berlin 9     
Rio 9     
Mexico 8   
Christchurch 8           
Cairo 8         
PNL 8

Cape Town vs CHRISTCHURCH 9
Moscow vs RIO 10
Berlin 9 vs PACIFIC 10
London vs MEXICO CITY 9
NDT vs Pnl 8
Cairo 8 vs DUBLIN

PNL 9 vs Cairo 8
Mexico City 9 vs SEOUL
PACIFIC 11 vs London
Berlin 9 vs RIO 11
CHRISTCHURCH 10 vs Toronto

Pacific 11
Rio 11
Christchurch 10
Berlin 9
Mexico 9
PNL 9
Cairo 8

Berlin aregoing to choke so our blunder against NY won't even matter, we'll still finish 8th. Could have been going for top 4 if not for the NY botch and the atrocity of losing to lowly London in round 2.

meow meow

Rio away to Moscow could make the round 17 encounter with Berlin an elimination final if Moscow can get up.

Potentially the same for PNL and Cairo if they pull off upsets this week. Inferior percentages to the mighty Saints could still rob the winner of a place in the 8.

As for us, we lose and we're done. We win and we still might be done.

meow meow

Berlin winning this round and Pacific somehow managing to also lose to London would see them remarkably miss finals! That would be something. Just as unjust as the Zorko thieves missing.