Main Menu

2017 Round 1 v STK

Started by Purple 77, March 25, 2017, 08:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

That, was an INCREDIBLY significant win!

I cannot stress that enough.

Oliver... just, wow. 14th game and he hits the 30! 35 possessions!

elephants

Clayton Oliver amazing
Jayden Hunt very good off halfback - his dash and run finally translated to a good DT scoring game!

ANB :o I've read he's getting some runs through the middle, is this right Purps? Also as was mooted through the JLT, N.Jones spending some time across hbf and J.Lewis across hff.

Purple 77

Quote from: elephants on March 29, 2017, 02:33:04 PM
Clayton Oliver amazing
Jayden Hunt very good off halfback - his dash and run finally translated to a good DT scoring game!

ANB :o I've read he's getting some runs through the middle, is this right Purps? Also as was mooted through the JLT, N.Jones spending some time across hbf and J.Lewis across hff.

ANB faces too much more able competition to play most of his time as a mid. Although he might spend stints there, he'll have to make it as a pressuring forward. Last week was easily his best game, along with his geelong game in 2015 playing the same role.

Yeah jonesy off half back has been brewing for some time, and Lewis similar. With Bernie out this week, expect Lewis to float more off half back than half forward. I don't really remember him playing much HFF though, but I didn't notice either way

elephants

Quote from: Purple 77 on March 29, 2017, 03:42:26 PM
Quote from: elephants on March 29, 2017, 02:33:04 PM
Clayton Oliver amazing

ANB faces too much more able competition to play most of his time as a mid. Although he might spend stints there, he'll have to make it as a pressuring forward. Last week was easily his best game, along with his geelong game in 2015 playing the same role.

Yeah jonesy off half back has been brewing for some time, and Lewis similar. With Bernie out this week, expect Lewis to float more off half back than half forward. I don't really remember him playing much HFF though, but I didn't notice either way

Yeah he certainly was impressive.

Good point with Vince out, I think the HFF stuff was heatmap related, though it helps when the Dees are pumping the Saints for 75% of the match haha.

Great insight thanks mate!