The Flaming Goats 2017

Started by Rusty00, March 24, 2017, 11:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

A lot in same boat and will depend on teams named as it may force our hands with trades to avoid donuts.

Rusty00

Poor round of 2095 this week drops me out of the Top 100 to 198 :(

Trades were Hampton > Yeo and Pickett > Myers (needed the second trade to afford Yeo). Looked pretty bad at half time of the Eagles game but Yeo turned it around. The other player I was deciding between was Tuohy so made the right choice.

Simpson, Laird, Roberton, Marchbank Otten, Newman (Stewart, Hibberd)
Danger, Rockliff, Treloar, T Mitchell, Fyfe, Murphy, Adams, Myers (Barrett, Bowes, Balic)
Martin, Sandilands, (Cameron)
Yeo, Dahlhaus, Macrae, Steele, Greene, Taranto (Parsons, Eddy)

Felt hard to trade Pickett for little cash gain but I needed to clear a bench clogger. Trouble with going early on Myers is downgrade options this week aren't flash. If Rocky is gone for a while I could get some cash from trading him down to a cheaper Premo but I think it's more likely he's going to miss 1-2 weeks. Ideally I'd upgrade Otten this week but not sure I'm going to be able to.

Mat0369

At least you got Yeo in. Not sure what the go is with Rocky. Your team is looking quite strong. Taranto is holding up ok. If you're looking alright in R11 you could look at guys like Zorko/Cripps etc as an option. Maybe even Oliver who is probably cheaper then all those guys.

Rusty00

Scored 2368 last week for a slight move up to 162nd in the rankings.

Just the one trade last week, Rocky to Merrett.

Simpson, Laird, Roberton, Marchbank Otten, Newman (Stewart, Hibberd)
Danger, Merrett, Treloar, T Mitchell, Fyfe, Murphy, Adams, Myers (Barrett, Bowes, Balic)
Martin, Sandilands, (Cameron)
Yeo, Dahlhaus, Macrae, Steele, Greene, Taranto (Parsons, Eddy)

Initially was looking at Balic > Greenwood and Marchbank > Pittard this week but Sandi out changes things. First thoughts were to just bring in Ryder instead of Pittard but then I'd have to play Parsnip on the ground this week. After some thought I'm thinking of just going Sandi to Ryder (which I can just afford to do tonight as my first trade) even though it's a bit sideways with a view of bringing in Grundy after his bye. My second trade will probably still be Balic > Greenwood, subject to teams.

Mat0369

They seem like excellent trades and should maximise points. They reckon Sandi is out for one but we will see in the end. They could essentially rest him for a month with the bye coming up.

Rusty00

Wasn't following the scores too closely on the weekend and felt like I was going ok until I realised I ended up with 2070 which was pretty disappointing :( Back down to 191 in the rankings.

Sandi > Ryder and Balic > Greenwood last week. Ryder was disappointing, but scored the same as Nank and more than Pittard who was my original trade in so a bit meh all round.

Thinking of going Marchbank > Scooter, moving Adams back to defence, which would give me the below team.

Laird, Adams, Otten, Stewart, Hibberd, Newman (Simpson, Roberton)
Danger, Merrett, Treloar, T Mitchell, Fyfe, SSelwood, Myers, Bowes (Murphy, Steele, Barrett)
Martin, Ryder, (Cameron)
Yeo, Greene, Taranto, Greenwood, Parsons, Eddy (Dahlhaus, Macrae)

Have a spot for Barrett on the mid bench so will keep him given his BE is down low again. Hopeful Bowes will come back which would give me 18 playing, if not he'll probably have to be traded. Eddy to Bolton may be another trade I make to give me an extra player this week.

Ringo

Ainsworth could also be back in but a little expensive.  Think his JS may be better than Bolton if Bowes still out.

Scooter probably a must at the price and his current scoring.

Rusty00

Update after the byes.

Rd.11: score 1,715 rank 202
Rd.12: score 1,847 rank 404
Rd.13: score 1,701 rank 257

11 Trades and $38k in the bank

Laird, Adams, Roberton, Simpson, Hibberd, Newman (Stewart, Hibberd)
Danger, Merrett, Treloar, T Mitchell, Murphy, Rocky, SSelwood, Steele (Barrett, Bolton, Cousins)
Martin, Ryder, (Cameron)
Yeo, Dahlhaus, Macrae, Greene, Heeney, Greenwood, (Parsons, Eddy)

So Scooter and Steele are the issues. Assuming both are out this week, can go Steele to Lloyd and Scooter to TT Lynch, with a view to eventually move Lloyd back to defence and trade Newman to a mid.

Rusty00

Well teams have flowered us this week with Lynch and Scooter out :(

Laird, Adams, Roberton, Simpson, Hibberd, Newman (Stewart, Ryan)
Danger, Merrett, Treloar, T Mitchell, Murphy, Rocky, SSelwood, Barrett (Hibberd, Bolton, Cousins)
Martin, Ryder, (Cameron)
Yeo, Dahlhaus, Macrae, Greene, Heeney, Greenwood (TT Lynch, Eddy)

Was planning to go Barrett to Lloyd but can't afford to do anything with Scooter then, except his brother who is in doubt anyway and has a massive BE.

Alternative is to trade Scooter to Lloyd and hold Barrett and hope he puts together a solid score for this week and to not lose too much money?

Otherwise have no idea what to do :-\

Ringo

With Stewart for 4 weeks would consider Stewart to Witherden $200k cash gain. Should allow you to go Barrett to Lloyd or Selwood to any mid you like. Witherden has the DPP to switch as well.

Rusty00

Quote from: Ringo on June 29, 2017, 10:35:29 PM
With Stewart for 4 weeks would consider Stewart to Witherden $200k cash gain. Should allow you to go Barrett to Lloyd or Selwood to any mid you like. Witherden has the DPP to switch as well.
My problem is having to start one of Mitch Hibberd, Ryan, or Witherden (if I get him). I guess Barrett's score last week shows he's no certainty to score well anyway if I keep him this week.

Think I'm just going to have to suck it up and accept I'll have to start a low scoring player on the field this week.

Rusty00

Donut in the forwards killed me last week, dropped to 381 overall.

Laird, Adams, Roberton, Simpson, Hibberd, Newman (Stewart, Ryan)
Danger, Merrett, Treloar, T Mitchell, Murphy, Rocky, SSelwood, Lloyd (Hibberd, Bolton, Cousins)
Martin, Ryder, (Cameron)
Yeo, Dahlhaus, Macrae, Greene, Heeney, TT Lynch (Greenwood, Eddy)

8 trades left $52,000 in the bank.

Stewart to Witherden is the obvious choice this week for cash gain, but no real idea what else (if anything to do). Essentially my team is "complete" but there's some holes. Main problem is I have 7 defenders and Docherty is not one of them. I was planning to wait for Newman to crash and then upgrade him to a mid, but Newman keeps on keeping on. Forwards I'm happy with, Rucks are ok, given they're a bit of a crapshoot this year. The main issues are those final 2-3 spots in my mids at the moment.

Maybe I just make the one downgrade and hold for now to see what happens.

Ringo

Stewart to Witherden and hold. Could look at upgrading Scooter if you have enough to get a prem mid. His B/e is a little high

Peter

Agree to hold - wait and see injury curse and then use trades in finals. My team 183rd, but not as good as yours and less trades in hand

Rusty00

Quote from: Peter on July 10, 2017, 01:07:03 PM
Agree to hold - wait and see injury curse and then use trades in finals. My team 183rd, but not as good as yours and less trades in hand
Cheers mate. Unfortunately with 4 forwards out last week I had to use both my trades to avoid donuts and couldn't even get Witherden :(