The Flaming Goats 2017

Started by Rusty00, March 24, 2017, 11:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Congrats Rusty was one of my 3 losses for the week.

Hibberd to Newmann will be popular. (Already done that one)

Am also tempted to go O'Meara to Swallow but with him sitting out a fair portion of last quarter with tightness a little wary given his previous injuries.

Rusty00

Scored 2036 which was fairly solid seeing as I had no Rocky and Treloar as C. Small move up the rankings to 683.

Simpson, Adams, Laird, Marchbank, Otten, Newman (Stewart, Hampton)
Danger, Treloar, T Mitchell, Fyfe, Murphy, Beams, Taranto, Powell-Pepper, (Barrett, Picket, Hibberd)
Martin, Sandilands, (Cameron)
Greene, Dahlhaus, Steele, Roughead, Hoskin-Elliott, Houston (Bowes, Eddy)

Only made the one trade of O'Meara to Newman last week meaning I know have $300k+ in the kitty. Rough to a premo mid, meaning I can move Adams back to defence. Options are Rocky, Sloane and Z Merrett. Already have 3 Rd.13 bye players in the mids so Rocky seems the most logical choice even though I always feel it's risky bringing in a player after a massive score.

Stewart seems cooked from a cash generation point of view, so may trade him to Balic as well.

Rusty00

Scored 2285 which was around the mark and another gradual move up the rankings to 440.

Simpson, Adams, Laird, Marchbank, Otten, Newman (Stewart, Hampton)
Danger, Rockliff, Treloar, T Mitchell, Fyfe, Murphy, Beams, Powell-Pepper, (Barrett, Picket, Hibberd)
Greene, Dahlhaus, Steele, Hoskin-Elliott, Houston, Taranto (Bowes, Eddy)

Just made the one trade of Roughead to Rockliff last week (thought about Zorko as a POD but decided I needed Rocky). $3,600 in the bank, 26 trades remaining.

SPP and WHE look close to maxed out. If I bring in Fisher as my downgrade this week I can also get Buddy, who's actually scoring better in DT/AF than SC and has a few easier games coming up. Would leave me with bugger all money again though.

Other option would be to double downgrade (if Balic is named) to load up for next week, however I feel that would have me going backwards from a points point of view with more rookies on the field.

All this may have to change if Murphy doesn't come up though :-\

Adamant

If you were to go the double downgrade this week, would that give you enough cash to bring in Zerrett next week instead? because then you would be choosing between (in an on-field sense) Buddy, Buddy or rookie, Zerrett over the next two weeks which could be pretty similar points wise.

Or would you still prefer to bring in a forward given you are trading WHE?

Mat0369

I'd do the upgrade and downgrade this week. I think next week is probably the one to do a double downgrade. I'm looking at doing something similar trading out SPP and WHE for Fisher and a keeper. I'm just short of Dusty so I'm looking at a forward premium as well.

Rusty00

Quote from: Adamant on April 26, 2017, 09:39:24 PM
because then you would be choosing between (in an on-field sense) Buddy, Buddy or rookie, Zerrett over the next two weeks which could be pretty similar points wise.

Or would you still prefer to bring in a forward given you are trading WHE?
Yeah it's a good point to consider and I probably have to accept that I can only bring in one premo over the next 2 weeks. I probably should focus on getting the best (Merrett) as opposed to "making do with Buddy" this week and not being able to do anything next week. I always find it hard to double downgrade though as the want is to increase on field points immediately ;)

If I go this way, I'll probably trade Taranto in lieu of SPP as I think the latter might go ok against the Lions with Boak out this week. If Balic doesn't get picked it might change things though :-\

Rusty00

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 26, 2017, 09:56:11 PM
I'd do the upgrade and downgrade this week. I think next week is probably the one to do a double downgrade. I'm looking at doing something similar trading out SPP and WHE for Fisher and a keeper. I'm just short of Dusty so I'm looking at a forward premium as well.
If I was going to go this way, I think I'm now leaning towards Taranto > Fisher and WHE > Yeo. Lets me keep SPP over Taranto for the field this week and Yeo doesn't have any more games at the MCG ;)

Mat0369

Screw the burn man Yeo. You could also grab a defensive premium or there is one I am looking at out of left field that seems to be winning a lot of the pill with a favorable bye as a midfield option.

Rusty00

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 26, 2017, 10:24:31 PM
Screw the burn man Yeo. You could also grab a defensive premium or there is one I am looking at out of left field that seems to be winning a lot of the pill with a favorable bye as a midfield option.
Not sure who you mean but if I use SPP > Fisher and WHE > ?? I only have $537,400 to spend :-\

Mat0369

Quote from: Rusty00 on April 26, 2017, 10:38:29 PM
Not sure who you mean but if I use SPP > Fisher and WHE > ?? I only have $537,400 to spend :-\

Well you can't afford my mid POD I'm looking at. You could do a DPP trade to move Adams into the midfield and grab Roberton.

Rusty00

Scored a solid 2209 for another good move up the rankings to 136.

Went WHE to Balic and SPP to Roberton. Although the guys traded out both scored well, happy with Roberton and at this stage Balic seems to have been the better pick over Fisher. Taranto and Bowes both put up decent scores last week just in time to keep some cash generation going which was good.

So Toby "anger management" Greene will be riding the pine with Brett "bench clogger" Eddy this week meaning I'll be fielding quite a few rookies in the forward line. Probably not too bad though this week given many will be dealing with Toby and/or Nank. At this stage thinking Marchbank to Parsons/Black and Houston to Macrae. Would give me the following team with $7,300 in the bank and 22 trades remaining.

Simpson, Laird, Roberton, Otten, Newman, Hampton (Stewart, Hibberd)
Danger, Rockliff, Treloar, T Mitchell, Fyfe, Murphy, Beams, Adams, (Bowes, Barrett, Picket)
Dahlhaus, Macrae, Steele, Taranto, Balic, Parsons (Greene, Eddy)

Adams at M8 for now so I can play Hampton in lieu of Bowes and gives me an emergency in the mids.

Mat0369

One thing to keep in mind is the available rookies over the next fortnight to push up the rankings. Macrae is a good get so I can't fault that. Unfortunately you probably can't hold Marchbank. I have a good feeling about the Carlton defenders after seeing how Tom Lonergan, Mackie, Taylor and Tuohy all scored while in the back half this past week vs the Pies.

I think Myers is in either this week or next so you could go early on him next week but it''s too risky with his injury history. If you're willing to go early on him or sit next week then make the trades. 

Rusty00

Yeah, I think I'm happy to make the upgrade why I can and hold next week if I need to. Yeah Marchbank might score well this week (just like WHE and SPP last week) but the other defenders have lower BEs so he's first on the list at this stage.

Rusty00

Into the Top 100 with another solid score of 2162.

Last weeks trades were Beams > Macrae and Houston > Parsons.

Simpson, Laird, Roberton, Marchbank Otten, Hampton (Stewart, Newman)
Danger, Rockliff, Treloar, T Mitchell, Fyfe, Murphy, Adams, Barrett (Bowes, Pickett, Hibberd)
Dahlhaus, Macrae, Steele, Taranto, Balic, Parsons (Greene, Eddy)

Bench cloggers really starting to pile up now though as had no emergencies last week. Real problem is in the forward line though as I'm expecting Parsons to get dropped meaning I'll have 3 non-playing, forward only players. May have to bite the bullet and trade out Eddy this week. Do have some cash saved up but if I trade out Eddy I won't be able to afford a mid upgrade from Hampton. Might consider bringing in Nank this week as a Rd.12 forward.

Mat0369

I think everyone is in the same boat with bench clogging rookies. Byes are going to be a  mess this year.