Main Menu

Carlton 2017 Season Thread

Started by Mat0369, March 19, 2017, 10:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawka

Quote from: Vinny on April 22, 2017, 12:25:31 PM
Pickett needs a run in the 2s.
Carlton's forwards have no supply
He is only 20 and once Carlton get better so will Pickett, give him game time and goals and influence will come

Mat0369

Quote from: GoLions on April 23, 2017, 01:39:30 AM
Quote from: Mat0369 on April 23, 2017, 01:04:55 AM
So it turns out we're playing Liam Jones in defense in the VFL.
Look, he'll probably kick the same amount of goals.

He is probably conceding less as well  :P

Quote from: Hawka on April 23, 2017, 01:52:47 AM
Quote from: Vinny on April 22, 2017, 12:25:31 PM
Pickett needs a run in the 2s.
Carlton's forwards have no supply
He is only 20 and once Carlton get better so will Pickett, give him game time and goals and influence will come

We need to do the hard yards now and get the games into these guys so we can be rewarded 2 years down the track. We still have McKay and Cuningham that will need games soon. I think the Weitering experiment up forward is done. One of Rowe or White will go out of the team in the next couple for McKay. Maybe you ditch both and bring Cuningham into the rotation as well.

Interestingly enough, Doc spent what felt the majority of the last in the midfield. The shift is real right now and I'm loving it, even though it might be hard to watch at times like the Port game.

fanTCfool

Keen to see LeBois get a run soon enough, named my fantasy sides after him so he better turn out a gem  ;)

Mat0369

I think he's 3 weeks away from playing VFL

RiOtChEsS

Mat0369

I'd think so. If he was going to be out a month he wouldn't be named. Bolton has said yes. It might be worth looking at the training reports to find out.

Daisy wasn't named which is interesting. I wonder if he goes to the VFL?

Mat0369

And he has been dropped. Daisy will play VFL on the weekend and needs to find 'consistency'.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2017-04-28/bolton-daisy-needs-consistency

GoLions

Mat0369

Interesting. I reckon the club bargained with him. He gets a 1 year deal at a reduced rate next year and the pressure comes off.

Funnily enough our second super spud Liam Jones is out of contract as well and has been slaying the VFL in the Ian Prendergast role

Mat0369

I've been really impressed with the work of our younger players the last couple of weeks. Weits and Curnow were leading hard and covering so much ground with third and fourth leads. It was really noticeable during the Swans game where I was sitting on the wing and could see them hitting the logos.

SPS backed it up against the Pies with just wanting to pressure and win the ball. The future is looking great.

tbagrocks

Followed SPS since 2015 as a 16yr old In Champs, he and SPP (Port). But Patrevski-Seaton in 16 Champs was dusty Martin Like and just oozed talent. So extatic he lasted to the Llamas pick!

Wrapped SPS got the rising star nom as he is just a budding star in the making

But I hated Carlton for years now feel sorry enough for them to be excited about SPS, Weitering (MAKE HIM CAPTAIN NOW), Curnow and Cripps, Marchbank, Casboult. Build a spine, Schache? Then build around the spine!

...... The Blues will be my St Kilda of 2018. SPS and Weitering as good as you can find! ;)

Mat0369

Sam Rowe has unfortunately done an ACL. The timing couldn't have been any worse for him. He will be out of contract at the end of the season and won't be ready until mid season next year if we did keep him. To be honest I thought next year would be his last at the Blues so it  could be a cruel end for him like it was for Juddy. All the best on his recovery and it's next man up to fill the hole.

I'd say Liam Jones is going to get first crack at it. He has been dominating VFL in the back half and destroyed Josh Bruce on the weekend keeping him to 1 goal while racking up 26 touches and 15 marks. We also have Harrison Macreadie and White if we want to bring in a defender. Otherwise we could finally see Harry McKay come into the forward line and Weits stays down back.

Money Shot

never thought I would see the day that I would be happy to see Liam Jones in our side. He has been killing it and deserves the spot.

Mat0369

I'm kind of curious to see if his form carries over. If he can dominate in the back half it gives us am amazing amount of depth down back. It may also give us a trade chip.

Money Shot

Mat, what are your thoughts on Kerridge? I personally thought although he butchered the ball a fair bit he was cemented in our 22 and now he can't find a game. Do you think he is more of a depth player now or just having a bad patch?