Main Menu

Carlton 2017 Season Thread

Started by Mat0369, March 19, 2017, 10:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Cripps and Rowe are both looking to miss this weekend. I think we could see one of Graham/Kerridge come in for Cripps and McKay come in for Rowe with Weits going back.

Mat0369

Boy oh boy, wowee. Super impressed with the boys today. They turned the pressure on and played with heart and effort. The young guys are taking strides and some of our older guys stood up.

Plowman has had an excellent year and capped it off with a great game today. He is playing better and better each week and his intercept marking has been fantastic.

Rowe was fantastic and probably deserves votes. He attacked the ball, won the one on ones and made some goal saving plays.

The back 6 as a whole was brilliant. They are building a chemistry with the new faces in Marchbank and Macreadie who played well in tough conditions for tall guys. Marchbank's tackling is impressive. He sticks them for a big bloke when a smaller opponent normally would sidestep.

Murphy is a freak. Gibbs racked it up, Kreuz is having an awesome start to the year. Jack Silvagni is all heart and effort. He is going to be a good one for a long time. Williamson looks a find. SPS had a great game. I'm loving the shift to the younger guys and it's paying off. The more time and games we get into them now it will benefit us down the track.

Mat0369

I had no idea that was Jack's first win. I forgot he missed the Melbourne game last year as a late withdrawal.

Torpedo10

Well played today lads, watched the whole game and safe to say there is going to be a big rivalry between us two clubs in the near future.

I didn't rate Murph's game today and I'll be honest, I barely noticed him apart from his goals but how about young Plowman! Absolute star. 3 Votes go to Gibbs I think, but young Lachie has to take two or one. Absolutely outstanding rebounding defence. I was also impressed by Dochers, but he has become elite. Gibbs centre bounce clearance work today was unbelievable though.

Have to admit though, I almost choked when I saw Murph's fantasy scores. I didn't notice him nearly as much as Gibbs, Plowman, Docherty, SPS and a couple others throughout the game. His goals must've played a big part.

Mat0369

Quote from: Torpedo10 on April 09, 2017, 11:10:46 PM
Well played today lads, watched the whole game and safe to say there is going to be a big rivalry between us two clubs in the near future.

I didn't rate Murph's game today and I'll be honest, I barely noticed him apart from his goals but how about young Plowman! Absolute star. 3 Votes go to Gibbs I think, but young Lachie has to take two or one. Absolutely outstanding rebounding defence. I was also impressed by Dochers, but he has become elite. Gibbs centre bounce clearance work today was unbelievable though.

Have to admit though, I almost choked when I saw Murph's fantasy scores. I didn't notice him nearly as much as Gibbs, Plowman, Docherty, SPS and a couple others throughout the game. His goals must've played a big part.

Murphy was huge. He had 16 touches and 2 goals in the wet in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. 6 clearances and 10 tackles and used the ball well on a day where it was hard to control it. It was our big 3 in Kreuz, Gibbs and Murphy that really got us going in the middle.

Torpedo10

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 09, 2017, 11:14:44 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on April 09, 2017, 11:10:46 PM

Murphy was huge. He had 16 touches and 2 goals in the wet in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. 6 clearances and 10 tackles and used the ball well on a day where it was hard to control it. It was our big 3 in Kreuz, Gibbs and Murphy that really got us going in the middle.
Yeah I suppose that in and under work is what got his score up.

Have you read Dangerfield's recent article in HS? Today's game links up with that, while Murph had a lot of heavily weighted touches he wasn't noticable in the final quarter where Docherty, Plowman, Gibbs and even Cripps were constantly making big plays. An example where his massive scores don't really indicate him being that much more superior than his counterparts.

All that aside though, great game from your whole team. Essendon played like perfectionists, to put it bluntly. In wet weather, that tactic is never going to pay off.

Nige

If his debut is anything to go by, the Blues have seriously found an absolute gem in Tom Williamson.

Mat0369

This is just a reference for how much Carlton have moved towards youth this season.

Eligible players for the NAB AFL Rising Star 2017

Charlie Curnow
Zac Fisher
Harrison Macreadie
Caleb Marchbank
Sam Petrevski-Seton
Jarrod Pickett
Jack Silvagni
Tom Williamson

That's just the guys that have played. We also have

David Cuningham
Cam Polson (likely to debut this week)
Harry McKay (likely to debut in the next fortnight)
Pat Kerr
Jesse Glass-McCasker
Kym Lebois (was likely to debut R1 before injury)

fanTCfool

Macreadie was disappointing on Saturday Night, that said, I'd be more disappointed if we dropped him.
Williamson too was also a little quieter compared to his debut but nothing to omit him over.

Mat0369

Macreadie was banged up from what I gather. The only really bad thing he did was that turnover on the goal line. To be fair, it's one of those situations that they are supposed to drag the guy back from the mark and the umps didn't. He was excellent the first 3 weeks but if he is sore it might be time for a rest travelling to Adelaide on a short week and bring him back in against the Swans.

Vinny

Cameron Polson debuting. Bloods boy, watch out! 8)

Vinny

Pickett needs a run in the 2s.

Mat0369

LeBois, Sumner and Lamb are all injured. I'd honestly rather get games into him over Palmer/Dennis at this point. If one of the other three were available I would make the change.

Mat0369

So it turns out we're playing Liam Jones in defense in the VFL.

GoLions

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 23, 2017, 01:04:55 AM
So it turns out we're playing Liam Jones in defense in the VFL.
Look, he'll probably kick the same amount of goals.