bicsbest - end of JLT 2017

Started by djbics, March 13, 2017, 02:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djbics

So preseason games are over, we've had a bit of a look at the potential rookie options, breakout contenders, fallen premiums, and the multitude of mid-price traps that appear without fail this time of year.  I think I've finalised my team prior to round 1 announcements (injuries notwithstanding) and would love any comments on it.

I've tried to stick to a few guidelines with this team, namely spreading the byes around evenly amongst keepers/premiums, limiting the mid-price options to those who have potential keeper/premium status, and picking rookie priced players based on potential score if on field and hopeful price rise.

Defence

T-Mac (11), Houli (12), Laird (13) - Laird picks himself, T-Mac and Bachar are significant PODs from what I can see who I think will both be top 10-15 at minimum

Marchbank/Hampton/Otten - Comfortable having all three onfield, Otten probably has some concerns over JS

Vickers-Willis/Stewart - Bench options

Midfield

Rocky/Beams (11), Danger/Jelwood (12), Treloar/Fyfe (13) - Personal preference M1-6, Beams possible injury risk

Sheed/Horlin-Smith - Probably biggest deviation from the norm, not convinced that JOM/Swallow will be better options this year, especially with Swallows Round 9 bye

SPP/Barrett/Parfit - Bench options

Ruck

Goldy (12), Sandi (13), Strnadica (R/F) - Can't bring myself to entertain the many mid-price options being put up, could be interesting if Preues gets named rd 1 though

Forward

Ryder (9), Dahl (11), Caddy (12) - Dahl picks himself, still unsure of whether to go Nank/Gunston over Ryder/Caddy, prob swap back and forth numerous times

M.Kennedy/W H-E/Taranto - Again going with the higher priced 'rookies' for the potential better onfield scores

Butler/Eddy - Bench options