UTG Season 2: Auction House

Started by fanTCfool, March 08, 2017, 06:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordSneeze

fanTCfool

Shaun Higgins sold to ele for 74G

fanTCfool

Prepare yourselves! Next week we will have a silent auction. Bids will be via PM and you won't know if you are the highest bidder...

GoLions

Hawka

Quote from: fanTCfool on April 14, 2017, 12:27:12 PM
Prepare yourselves! Next week we will have a silent auction. Bids will be via PM and you won't know if you are the highest bidder...
oolalala

fanTCfool

It's time for some silent auctions!

Bid as much as you would be willing to pay for each player, and if you come out the leader, they're yours for that price.

Please read these following rules first:
- Bids are to be made via a PM sent to myself
- Each side is permitted one bid per player, so get it right the first time!
  Note: Bidding on multiple auction players? Making all your bids at the same time is recommended to save flooding my PMs  ;)
- Don't spoil your bids in this thread! Keep them secret, that's the whole idea.
- If you end up the leading bidder in multiple auctions, but don't have the funds to pay for both, you will be required to sell existing items in order to be able to fund your new purchases.

Now, who shall we be bidding for....

- Shaun Burgoyne, a gold defender
- David Swallow, a silver midfielder
- Tom Hickey, a gold ruckman
- Jake Spencer, a bronze ruckman
- Tom Phillips, a silver forward/midfielder

Feel free to banter regarding auctions here this week, but again, please no outright spoilers!

If anything remains unclear, just ask  :)

jvalles69

Question...will we be notified straight away if our bids don't cut it?  So then we can blow it on packs! :P

fanTCfool

Quote from: jvalles69 on April 18, 2017, 07:13:02 PM
Question...will we be notified straight away if our bids don't cut it?  So then we can blow it on packs! :P

Ah, an important point I forgot to note, you won't know if you are the leading bidder or not until the results are announced on Thursday! Perhaps hold off on packs until then if you are intending to make a play for someone. I will ensure the time between packs purchased and received after Thursday's auction conclusion is very small.

GoLions

Wouldn't make sense to have a silent auction if you knew you weren't the leader :p

jvalles69

Quote from: GoLions on April 18, 2017, 07:18:54 PM
Wouldn't make sense to have a silent auction if you knew you weren't the leader :p

Yeah but noone would know if you made a bid anyway, and if they did they wouldn't know how much you bid on each player so it wouldn't effect anyone unless you told someone how much you bid.  ;)

GoLions

Quote from: jvalles69 on April 18, 2017, 07:21:32 PM

Yeah but noone would know if you made a bid anyway, and if they did they wouldn't know how much you bid on each player so it wouldn't effect anyone unless you told someone how much you bid.  ;)
But you could bid like 1g and then keep adding 1g until you don't get a response from ftc :p

jvalles69

Quote from: GoLions on April 18, 2017, 07:23:01 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on April 18, 2017, 07:21:32 PM

But you could bid like 1g and then keep adding 1g until you don't get a response from ftc :p

Nah, I never meant you could keep bidding, I meant one bid for the players you want, get a message saying, "you've been outbid", so then I'm out of the race and I can move on buying packs or trading players.

Holz

Bold call time.

Ele ls will buy everyone

GoLions

LordSneeze