WXVW Round 4 - How many tons can we get?

Started by Levi434, February 23, 2017, 12:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levi434

WXVW Round 4 - Team Submissions

Round 4 - February 25th-26th
Lima Llamas V Bogota Margays
Rome Goddesses V Karachi Rhinos
Algerian Antelopes V Barcelona Lynx
Jakarta Dragons V Port Moresby Cassowaries

Fresh off the top team score ever, Bogota travel to Lima in a match which could decide who takes top of the ladder. Lima have a star team with numerous big scoring players, whilst Bogota have the occasional big score but rely heavily on their consistency over the park. This is probably the hardest match to pick this week and I think it is Match of the Round! I'm gonna go with the HGA 774-769.

Rome will be upset over how last week went but have a chance to raise their spirits when they play Karachi at home. Karachi were on the end of a nail biting loss last week despite 8 scores of 50+. I'm not 100% sure what the problem is with Rome, they seem to have a relatively consistent lineup it's just that they don't have enough 50+ scores to break the game open. I think Karachi take this one. 688-738.

Algeria led by captain Daisy have had a great year and remain undefeated. I'm gonna come out and say it right now. I don't care if she isn't on my team. I LOVE Daisy Pearce! She is the best player in the comp and if Algeria can get the rest of their selections right I don't think they can be beaten. I think this is the week Daisy goes 100+ and leads Algeria to the win. 723-698.

Jakarta have a bout of Paxmania and I seriously hope we see some more of it! A 72 point 2nd half is something GAJ, Rocky and Swanny would be proud of. PMC had their highest score of the year last week but face a monster challenge in Jakarta who had a 100 and a 91 last week. PMC have struggled getting their team right but I think they can challenge Jakarta but Pax+Blackburn will prove too strong. 706-754.

Boomz

Port Moresby
Captain: C. Randall
Vice Captain: S. D'Arcy
E Vice Captain: M. Hickey

Backs: M. Hickey (EVC), M. Mcdonald, B. Hunt, S. Campbell
Midfielders: A. Gogos, L. Mithen, A. Mifsud, M. Nguyen
Ruck: A. O'Connor
Forwards: C. Randall (C), L. Tesoriero, S. D'Arcy (VC), R. Beeson
Interchange: M. Boyd (R/F), R. Killian

Emergencies: N. Callinan, K. De Pellegrini, T. Randall

fanTCfool

Jakarta Dragons

Captain: Karen PAXMAN
Vice Captain: Ellie BLACKBURN
E Vice Captain: Dana HOOKER

Backs: Karen PAXMAN (C), Hayley MILLER, Belinda SMITH, Sarah HOSKING
Midfielders: Nicola BARR, Georgia BEVAN, Brittany GIBSON, Gabby O'SULLIVAN
Ruck: Alison DOWNIE
Forwards: Ellie BLACKBURN (VC), Jessica WUESTSCHNER, Shae AUDLEY, Dana HOOKER (EVC)
Interchange: Sam VIRGO, Breann MOODY
Emergencies: Breanna KOENEN (D/M), Hayley WILDES (D), Erin McKINNON (R)

Ziplock

Really limited internet atm, will fix up the initials etc. when I get a better connection
Captain: Donnellan
VC: Varnhagen
EVC: McWilliams

B: A Williams, McWilliams (EVC), Birch, Tomkins
M: Donnellan (C), Varnhagen (VC), A Anderson, J Anderson
R: Spark
F: Schmidt, K Stanton, Bernardi, McLeod
IC: S Scott, J Stanton

E:  Gillespie-Jones (R/F), Radan (B), Shierlaw (OOP, M)

Levi434

Bogota Margays:

Captain: Lara Filocamo
Vice-Captain: Emma Zielke
EMG C/VC: Emily Bates

D: Emily Bates, Danielle Hardiman, Heather Anderson, Stacy Livingstone
M: Brittany Bonnici, Ashleigh Guest, Lara Filocamo (C), Jasmine Grierson
R: Rhiannon Metcalfe
F: Tayla Harris, Katie Brennan, Emma Zielke (VC), Megan Hunt
I: Sarah Perkins, Tilly Lucas-Rodd

E: Gabrielle Pound, Jessica Sedunary, Claire Lawton

Nige

I know this a tad late, but I was in the middle of updating some Euros stuff and thought the first game of the round started a bit later than it did. If this team isn't allowed, I guess I'll cop whatever...

Karachi Rhinos

C: Elise O'Dea
VC: Emma Swanson
EVC: Nic Stevens

B: Nicola Stevens (evc), Leah Kaslar, Stephanie Cain, Kelly Clinch
M: Elise O'Dea (c), Courtney Cramey, Kirby Bentley, Ellie Brush
R: Lauren Pearce
F: Abbey Holmes, Emma Swanson (vc), Jess Cameron, Alicia Eva
I: Erin Phillips (m), Ebony Antonio

E: Sally Riley (m), Amy Lavell (f), Lauren Morecroft (d)

Levi434

Torpedo10

Rome Goddesses

Captain: Emma Kearney
Vice Captain: Jessica Dal Pos
E Vice Captain: Maddy Collier

Backs: Kaitlyn Ashmore, Ceceila McIntosh, Rebecca Privitelli, Cassie Davidson
Midfielders: Emma Kearney, Maddy Collier, Emma Humphries, Jessica Dal Pos
Ruck: Tiana Ernst
Forwards: Moana Hope, Kellie Gibson, Darcy Vescio, Catherine Phillips
Interchange: Kate Lutkins, Kate McCarthy

Emergencies: Tayla Thorn(D/F), Taylah Angel (M), Alison Brown (M)

Levi434

HOLY GEEZ!

DAISY PEARCE 107!!!!

PAXMANIA 95 also! Mithen 86. O'Dea 79! What a game from the Dees!

Levi434

Nige

Levi434

When Daisy actually got 109 and not 107 :o :o

Nige

fanTCfool

Quote from: Levi434 on February 25, 2017, 02:54:52 PM
Paxman 3 free against costly!

Unsurprisingly, I think #Paxmania was robbed.
One of her frees was HTB against, where I thought she got a handball to it, there's your five point turnaround for back to back tons.

Levi434

After last weeks epic score totals, it looks like this week could be the lowest in history? Every team besides 1 has a score of 20 or lower on field at this stage.

Lima will want to forget about this week already. Not 1 score over 50 yet and 5 players who have gone sub 20. They still have HGA and their captain Donnellan to come though. Bogota with a few shining lights in this one. 3 scores above 60 and a 59 from Emily Bates looks to have them in the box seat. Bogota lead by 59 with 2 less played.

Rome have looked alright so far but I just can't help but feel 44 from Captain Kearney is too little. Karachi are just on fire whilst Rome seem to be struggling to get out of 2nd gear. Karachi have 7 left to play AND have a lead after they've had three 70+ scores! You'd expect Karachi to get over the line in this one.

Algeria have taken the lead simply off of Daisy Pearce's back. They are seriously underperforming but Daisy has got them the lead with the exact same amount played as Barcalona. Assuming HGA is 13. The situation is Algeria 525 VS Barca 483. Antelopes up by 42 with both teams having 5 left to play. Would be seriously demoralising if they lost after a Pearce 109.

This game iiiiisssss close! Jakarta have had Paxman play. PMC have yet to have their Captain Chelsea Randall play. Jakarta are up by 78 with 1 extra played. Jakarta will have HGA of at least 14 as well. I tell you what this could come right down to the wire! Sorry FTC but I'm rooting for Randall to have a big game and PMC to get a win! However I have a sick feeling that Callinan's 59 left on bench by PMC will hurt them.