wait, what? Did I miss something?

PowerBug

Quote from: Ziplock on April 08, 2017, 03:14:50 AM
Quote from: LF on April 07, 2017, 06:22:42 PM
Quote from: GoLions on April 07, 2017, 06:18:17 PM
But also I'm pretty sure it's just using the top 8 teams :P

Which is a bit skewed since there are Euros teams that were not top 8 in this

wait, what? Did I miss something?
A couple of Euros teams declined the invite. And then as I started asking down the ladder guys didn't reply to my PMs. So I think the 12th ranked Euros side made it in.

PowerBug

Quote from: Ziplock on April 07, 2017, 06:15:45 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on March 20, 2017, 09:09:36 PM
The Proposed Multiplier
Worlds: 1.00
Euros: 1.00
British: 0.61
Asians: 0.74

Last season we had: 1, 1.024, 0.6284 and 0.7460. When looking at the total points scored across the CL group stages, everything with those multipliers worked out to be pretty even (Euros outscored Worlds without the multiplier amazingly). So just a few tweaks to those numbers is the plan. Any major objections do speak up soon.

This is very much last minute, but was the multiplier calculated from the top 8 teams participating, or from all the teams in the comp? I can't remember if it was last year or the year before, but the competition was just flowered because (worlds?) had such a massive scoring discrepancy between first and last that it skewed it so the top 2 worlds teams were juggernauts with the multiplier having being calculated taking the terrible scores of the bottom of their ladder.

If not, it might be too late to tweak it. I should have mentioned this sooner but I've been so under the pump recently.

Also- with naming more than 3 emergencies, it seems savage the whole team is forfeited, wouldn't the emergency line being forfeited make more sense (that being said, your comp, I know the other comps are a bit more strict than euros :P )
I looked at all the scores from the Champions League Group Stages last year. And when you added up all the scores (using the respective comp scoring) to make them all even the multipliers we needed is pretty much what we had last season. There were one or two teams that were outliers in the scoring, which is why I tweaked it slightly, but otherwise I think these numbers work quite well.

As for the last point, follow the rules and you'll have no problems! Everyone here should be competent enough to follow simple rules :) (And there's nothing wrong with asking me a question if you want clarification either!)

nostradamus

Hi PB, Just wondering mate ........ as l didn't post my teams here does that mean the Russian Roulettes and Bangkok Crabs have for forfeited their positions?

PowerBug

Forfeited the round. Still 5 rounds in the group stage to go :)

nostradamus

Quote from: PowerBug on April 08, 2017, 10:07:35 PM

The teams can't be taken from those lodged in the respective league lodgement threads then?

fanTCfool

Quote from: nostradamus on April 08, 2017, 11:59:07 PM

The teams can't be taken from those lodged in the respective league lodgement threads then?

PB was pretty clear in regards to the rules, it looks like you'll be scoring 500

PowerBug

Quote from: fanTCfool on April 09, 2017, 08:33:57 PM

PB was pretty clear in regards to the rules, it looks like you'll be scoring 500
In hindsight, I think I should've had some week one leniency in there. But I am not going to go changing that now, so unless your opponent(s) are happy for you to have your team as per the local comp, you'll score 500 for this round.

nostradamus

Quote from: PowerBug on April 09, 2017, 08:41:23 PM
Quote from: fanTCfool on April 09, 2017, 08:33:57 PM

In hindsight, I think I should've had some week one leniency in there. But I am not going to go changing that now, so unless your opponent(s) are happy for you to have your team as per the local comp, you'll score 500 for this round.

If they are prepared to do that it'd be excellent, if not l'll just have to cop it sweet unfortunately.

PowerBug

Quote from: PowerBug on April 08, 2017, 02:07:15 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on April 07, 2017, 06:15:45 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on March 20, 2017, 09:09:36 PM
The Proposed Multiplier
Worlds: 1.00
Euros: 1.00
British: 0.61
Asians: 0.74

Last season we had: 1, 1.024, 0.6284 and 0.7460. When looking at the total points scored across the CL group stages, everything with those multipliers worked out to be pretty even (Euros outscored Worlds without the multiplier amazingly). So just a few tweaks to those numbers is the plan. Any major objections do speak up soon.

This is very much last minute, but was the multiplier calculated from the top 8 teams participating, or from all the teams in the comp? I can't remember if it was last year or the year before, but the competition was just flowered because (worlds?) had such a massive scoring discrepancy between first and last that it skewed it so the top 2 worlds teams were juggernauts with the multiplier having being calculated taking the terrible scores of the bottom of their ladder.

If not, it might be too late to tweak it. I should have mentioned this sooner but I've been so under the pump recently.

Also- with naming more than 3 emergencies, it seems savage the whole team is forfeited, wouldn't the emergency line being forfeited make more sense (that being said, your comp, I know the other comps are a bit more strict than euros :P )
I looked at all the scores from the Champions League Group Stages last year. And when you added up all the scores (using the respective comp scoring) to make them all even the multipliers we needed is pretty much what we had last season. There were one or two teams that were outliers in the scoring, which is why I tweaked it slightly, but otherwise I think these numbers work quite well.

As for the last point, follow the rules and you'll have no problems! Everyone here should be competent enough to follow simple rules :) (And there's nothing wrong with asking me a question if you want clarification either!)
Oh yeah I forgot to mention it, I thought I had written it down somewhere in here. But the Euros multiplier is 1.01, not the even 1.00. I was fairly sure I had posted it, obviously didn't.

PowerBug

Hey Champs League coaches,

As you've all probably noticed, I've been super slack with the CL scores this season. Unfortunately I don't think the time allows me to put in the effort required to make this function. I'm really disappointed that I've had to do this because I really enjoy running it and wanted to make it bigger than it was last season with extra games, in hindsight that was probably a bad idea. Time just hasn't been kind to me with uni and my other work, and then when I get around to looking at fantasy football obviously the salary cap games take priority.

Moving forward I don't know what you guys want to do, whether someone wants to take over and catch up on the last two weeks and continue on, or whether someone wants to run something else completely starting post byes (or whether nothing happens at all). I have the stuff I did do on an excel spreadsheet. Just send me a message if you do and I'll give you what I have, I am prompt on responding to PMs.

So yeah, I'm sorry again. There isn't really an excuse for it and I'm angry at myself for resorting to this, but I don't have the time to put in the effort that it deserves.

PowerBug

kilbluff1985

:'(

i have the time but think i have to many kb moments to run a comp

Purple 77

This comp would require a lot of administration, so an understandable decision PB.

I'd love to take over, but there would no way I could find the time  :(

Ziplock

I definitely don't have the time otherwise I would :(