The Chosen Won 2017

Started by Chosen Won, February 02, 2017, 08:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chosen Won

Chelskiman

Some very interesting picks here.  For the price you paid for Lloyd you are wanting (hoping) he is a top 6 defender, and with the talent we have at our disposal this year I'm not sure he's going to be in front of the likes of Simpson, Montagna, Boyd, Shaw, Laird and even the likes of Hodge and Johannisen.  Not saying it's a bad pick as he might go bang this year and average 95-100.  I assume you're using Bob Murphy as a stepping stone to a premium as well?  Also not sure if Hampton is in the Crows best 22, but if he's picked for R1 then it's a decent pick.

Mids look fine but I think there's one too many mid pricer in there.  I'd drop one of Crouch, Heppell or Beams for a rookie which you can use to upgrade elsewhere.

Rucks are by far your weakest line.  Not sure if you're new to DT (and sorry if you aren't) but I know a lot of new players to DT cheap out in the ruck as they don't think they can score much.  I know that's exactly what I did when I first started out and I was getting hammered every week because of it.  Can you really trust Sandi with all his injuries, and do you think Giles is firstly going to play and if he does will he get you the points you need?  I think you need at least one mega premium ruck (Gawn, Gruny, Goldstein, Martin etc) in there.  If you downgrade one of your mids you may have enough to get a premium ruckman in (not sure how much cash you have).

Forwards look decent, but Heeney at F2 kinda worries me.  If he was F3 or F4 that would be fine, but having two mid pricers in there (three if you wanna count Heeney as well) can cause some issues as you are most likely going to have to use both Roughead and Bennell as stepping stones to some better premiums, and that obviously wastes trades.

Overall it's an ok team.  The premiums you do have you can't go wrong with and the rookies are basically place holders at this stage.  I do think you have tried to over load with mid priced players, and if it pays off then good for you, but having too many can cause some massive headaches down the line if they don't come off.