INJURED PLAYERS DISCUSSION THREAD 2017

Started by LF, January 31, 2017, 05:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uncleswagy

Quote from: Ringo on February 04, 2017, 09:34:33 PM
Just been reading some information after being out of circulation for 2 days:  Read this in whos hot and whos not.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-04/whos-burning-up-the-track-at-your-club

"Ruckman Todd Goldstein (ankle) has been on a restricted program since Christmas, but North is confident he will be fit for round one"

Can any one shed any more light on what type of ankle injury it is as I was unaware of any injury to Goldy?

hard to find anything on it now but if my memory serves me right i think it was a fairly minor roll or strain and the clubs just being super cautious with him

LordSneeze

Quote from: uncleswagy on February 05, 2017, 12:31:30 AM
Quote from: Ringo on February 04, 2017, 09:34:33 PM
Just been reading some information after being out of circulation for 2 days:  Read this in whos hot and whos not.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-04/whos-burning-up-the-track-at-your-club

"Ruckman Todd Goldstein (ankle) has been on a restricted program since Christmas, but North is confident he will be fit for round one"

Can any one shed any more light on what type of ankle injury it is as I was unaware of any injury to Goldy?

hard to find anything on it now but if my memory serves me right i think it was a fairly minor roll or strain and the clubs just being super cautious with him

North have been managing his preseason workloads, haven't heard anything about an Ankle holding him out, but if it is just a roll or sprain this far out he should be fine.

gloryboy

from afl website

LANCE Franklin won't play in Sydney's intra-club match on Friday.

The star Swans forward, who played through last year's finals series with a shoulder injury, is also suffering from an ankle niggle.

"He showed a lot of courage to be able to play with it," coach John Longmire said on SEN.

"Lance has been training, he's just got a bit of a sore ankle at the moment.

"He's been doing all the training, we expect him to train again this week.

"He's not far away from contact, he's done a little bit already, and that'll be upped again next week.

Franklin had shoulder surgery after the 2016 season.

Longmire confirmed his high-price forward would miss the intra-club along with Luke Parker (knee), Gary Rohan and Sam Naismith (shoulder).

Franklin is also unlikely to appear in the Swans' first JLT Community Series game against North Melbourne at Coffs Harbour on Sunday, February 19

Money Shot

Oscar Junker who was a small chance of debuting round 1 has broken his tibia and wont be back til mid season.

Money Shot

Ringo

JUST IN | @GWSGIANTS confirm new recruit Brett Deledio will miss the opening rounds of the JLT Community Series, due to a minor calf injury.

Should be right for Rd 1 but concern with calf injuries to older players.

gloryboy

Quote from: Ringo on February 07, 2017, 05:23:16 PM
JUST IN | @GWSGIANTS confirm new recruit Brett Deledio will miss the opening rounds of the JLT Community Series, due to a minor calf injury.

Should be right for Rd 1 but concern with calf injuries to older players.

LOL, no surprise there.
Even bigger line through his name now.

RaisyDaisy

Lol, love Lids but he's shot

Zero chance of playing 22 games

enzedder

Burnt me last year.
Good player... but fools gold now.
Feel Bennell is similar, as he did his "good" leg calf in November.

sammy123

this is why lids isn't in my team wont play 20-22 games

gloryboy

shaker

Jeez the Eagles rucks are looking a bit of a worry you would hate to be relying on Vardy

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: shaker on February 08, 2017, 12:59:16 PM
Jeez the Eagles rucks are looking a bit of a worry you would hate to be relying on Vardy

It's why we got Petrie

Lycett and Giles both pushing for Round 1, but Petrie will probably play if they don't get up

Ringo

Aaron Francis down with a leg injury, carried from ground Bombers Intra

plumdog millionaire

Quote from: Ringo on February 08, 2017, 02:19:07 PM
Aaron Francis down with a leg injury, carried from ground Bombers Intra
Woosha saying it's a rolled ankle