Quote from: crowls on October 04, 2017, 10:17:20 PM
Quote from: LordSneeze on September 06, 2017, 03:49:13 PM
Quote from: Grazz on September 05, 2017, 06:08:54 PM
Quote from: enzedder on September 05, 2017, 05:48:07 PM
Quote from: Grazz on September 05, 2017, 05:17:12 PM
Quote from: enzedder on September 05, 2017, 04:23:22 PM
Quote from: Grazz on September 05, 2017, 02:35:46 PM
Quote from: Peter on September 05, 2017, 07:18:39 AM
Haven't got to 1,000 yet but looking forward to joining and challenging professionals like LS

Always good to have new coaches coming into the Elxam Comp.
Yes it is.
Hopefully there will be more to come as well.

Hope so mate, a spill over into AF and DT would be very welcome too.
Need to continue growing participation in all three formats, be nice to
get close to equal numbers they way the SC crowd support it here
which from the get go has been terrific.
Yeah, that would be great.
I do feel a bit guilty about just doing SC myself but find that enough and all consuming for me.
I did DT for once, years back when Dane Swan was at the height of his powers and struggled to keep on top of it...ranked somewhere around 10k but realised that with SC, work and family commitments I should just stick to SC and keep sane.

Bottom line is you have to want to do it to even enjoy having a crack. It's not for everyone I get that,
you want people to enjoy it otherwise what's the point. Hopefully as the new players of Elxam come
through there's a spattering of people who play more than one comp fingers crossed all three.
DT Elxam was once more heavily supported than it is currently, when AF fired up a lot moved over
and didn't return. Slowly growing again but it's going to take time but only if the two comps survive in Elxam
there's a real chance they won't be around in 2018, only time will tell there also.

Thanks guys, ill definitely be back next year.

The problem I find with doing both is that they have different scoring measures. This means that the research you do on one doesn't necessarily mean you can use it on the other. To do both actively and well it takes a lot of time and effort, something that most people just don't have.
Agreed.   I find that a lack of understanding of the scoring and lockout differences and type of players reduces my enjoyment of AF and DT.   Is there  a strategy post somewhere that I can review.    If I cannot get on top of it next year i will probably on play SC going forward.   

For both, the scoring is a bit more straight forward. It's purely statistical (e.g. a kick is always worth 3 points, effective or not, and there can't be a debate about whether the possession was contested or not because it doesn't matter) which makes it a little bit less frustrating because CD can't screw you over as much. So in terms of understanding the scoring, they're probably better than SC (doesn't mean their scoring systems are actually better - they're just easier to understand). See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFL_Dream_Team

Strategy is a bit different.
DT - exactly the same as SC (I have very similar teams each year because of this). Limited trades and positions stay the same all year. If you're good at SC, you should be good at DT (and vice versa).
AF - I still can't work it out! You have unlimited trades but sideways trading all the time seems to backfire. I might try to cash build asap this year instead of sideways trading out injuries or underperforming premiums too early. It's fun because it's still relatively new (compared to limited trades) and predicting positional changes is also fun. For what it's worth, I managed to finish Top 0-1% in both SC and DT but was maybe around 5% (it doesn't tell you and can't remember what I worked out) in AF. So there's a gap there even if you have a good year across the board.

crowls

Thanks for the Feedback Lahug.    Sorry I took so long to respond.   Been on a bit of post season screen break.   Can you confirm the lockout differences to SC and is there any options to loophole?
next year will look to duplicate SC and DT teams which only leaves two teams and differences to think about.

LaHug

Quote from: crowls on October 13, 2017, 08:09:18 PM
Thanks for the Feedback Lahug.    Sorry I took so long to respond.   Been on a bit of post season screen break.   Can you confirm the lockout differences to SC and is there any options to loophole?
next year will look to duplicate SC and DT teams which only leaves two teams and differences to think about.

Whoops. Missed that key difference. DT locks out at the start of the round. The exceptions are Thursday games where there's a rolling lockout until the start of the Friday game. This year's Round 1 had a rolling lockout the whole round and I'd expect that to happen again.