BBL|06 and WBBL|02: Match Discussion Thread!

Started by PowerBug, December 09, 2016, 04:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

PowerBug

Pleeeeease give Steketee and Cutting 4 overs each Brisbane. Blokes can bowl short of a length crap but that's about it :P

Torpedo10

Quote from: PowerBug on December 21, 2016, 10:32:12 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 21, 2016, 10:24:04 PM
Is KP injured?
Pollard? Why do you ask?
Pietersen, he has a red line under his name for some reason.

Was expecting Dunk to continue his awful form and get out early, hence Head (C) and Hodgey. Big concern now...

Rusty00

Quote from: PowerBug on December 21, 2016, 10:38:49 PM
Pleeeeease give Steketee and Cutting 4 overs each Brisbane. Blokes can bowl short of a length crap but that's about it :P
Floros as well ;)

Rusty00

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 21, 2016, 10:52:03 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on December 21, 2016, 10:32:12 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 21, 2016, 10:24:04 PM
Is KP injured?
Pollard? Why do you ask?
Pietersen, he has a red line under his name for some reason.

Was expecting Dunk to continue his awful form and get out early, hence Head (C) and Hodgey. Big concern now...
My guess is because he's having Christmas at home the same as last year. If that's not it I don't know why but I did hear a week or so he wasn't playing the first game.

Rusty00

The Heat's bowling is shower enough, they don't need drops like that :o

PowerBug

Quote from: Rusty00 on December 21, 2016, 10:52:48 PM
Floros as well ;)
Cutting bowls short shower batsmen love it I don't know why they give him overs...

Yeah KP won't play until the Stars 2nd game, which is Rd 3 for fantasy.

Jay

That was a bit of a choke :-\

Travvy would like to forget that game. Catches win matches!

elephants

Haha nek minnut Steketee takes 3-fa only giving up 8 an over (which in the context of the game was pretty solid ER).

Agree Cutting bowls like trash despite taking a couple wickets

Can't believe the Strikers lost that, got to work when they were 0/120ish, insane.

Rusty00

Cutting actually bowled a really good 19th over. He actually thought about what he was doing instead of bowling a bouncer every ball.

The difference in the game was the death bowling. Strikers bowled garbage the last 4 overs, whilst the Heat bowled well and kept it away from the short boundary.

nrich102

I'll maintain what I've been saying for a while, Cutting bowls some rubbish, but isn't that bad a player. He just needs some help. Hopefully Steketee can give that help.

fanTCfool

Thought the game was gonna end in the 19th with Cutting bowling, had looked hopeless all night and then did his job very well.
A lot of credit also has to go to Badree for that maiden, in a game where the two teams combined for 400, 6 consecutive dots was massive.

Jukes

Head still a meme - under a run a ball from 25 balls late on! Don't forget his fielding...

elephants

Quote from: Jukes on December 22, 2016, 04:41:07 PM
Head still a meme - under a run a ball from 25 balls late on! Don't forget his fielding...

He had a stinker, but prior to that his Shield and ODI form has been immense. He's a gun.

Jukes

Quote from: elephants on December 22, 2016, 04:47:25 PM
Quote from: Jukes on December 22, 2016, 04:41:07 PM

He had a stinker, but prior to that his Shield and ODI form has been immense. He's a gun.

He's not a bad cricketer don't get me wrong, but 90% of his reputation is built off that one ton in the BBL, he shouldn't be in contention for a test spot just yet.

Plus, all those guys in the fast and strong batsman and good fielder archetype are huge memes, see predecessors Warner and Memeswell.