Main Menu

A disgrace.

Started by anchorman, December 08, 2016, 01:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 08, 2016, 05:29:12 PM
Meanwhile between the borders, Adelaide was handed a few gifts if anyone can believe that ever happening?

Firstly A hugely long travel after R1 bye (Thankyou AFL) all the way to the Docklands, oh the humanity

Then two games right here in Adelaide itself

8)

Cop that WA ;D

Im just glad we dont have a team full of cry baby sooks like Tom Lynch, Betts and Jacobs

The_Captain

Yeah but who would go? there would be some seriously unhappy supporters around. When Footscray changed to Western Bulldogs I think that was a very smart thing to do, a lot of people in the West and building.

I dont think go... that will piss a few supporters off. But several clubs should merge with other clubs who are in a similar position.

Torpedo10

How many of us would consider a two leg type Grand Final? If interstate teams were playing, you go Adelaide Oval, Subi, SCG,Gabba & MCG as the potential grounds.

elephants

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 08, 2016, 09:33:59 PM
How many of us would consider a two leg type Grand Final? If interstate teams were playing, you go Adelaide Oval, Subi, SCG,Gabba & MCG as the potential grounds.

I reckon it'd be cool buuuuuuut a) it'll never happen and b) I don't want it to happen because I'm a traditionalist. That last saturday in September/first saturday in October has and always will be the time when the premier is crowned imo

Torpedo10

Quote from: elephants on December 08, 2016, 09:47:17 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 08, 2016, 09:33:59 PM

I reckon it'd be cool buuuuuuut a) it'll never happen and b) I don't want it to happen because I'm a traditionalist. That last saturday in September/first saturday in October has and always will be the time when the premier is crowned imo
It still will be though. Just make the 2nd Leg at the MCG on the second Saturday in October.  ;)

Holz

Quote from: PowerBug on December 08, 2016, 06:16:19 PM
Whilst the Grand Final is played at the MCG every year there it will always be unfair to those teams that don't come from Melbourne. Now I'm not saying the GF should move from there, but it will always make it unfair in favour of the Melbourne side.

its also not fair to clbs like the dog who there home ground is Etihad not the MCG. People seem to totally disregard the ground. However when its Sydney or Cats they go well Syndey has this is the bag its small SCG comapred to ANZ or its in Geelong not MCG so cats cant lose.

RaisyDaisy

The best teams can win anywhere

/End discussion ;)

Ringo

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 09, 2016, 10:44:01 AM

/End discussion ;)

The best team can lose to a marginally worse team with an advantage.

Its why the eagles are soo good,

Hawks 5 flags from 6 grand finals.
Eagles 3 flags from 6 grand finals.
Cats 3 flags from 7 grand finals.
Lions 3 flags from 4 grand finals.

the 4 powerhouses of the AFL.

Lions did it in 1 run so discount that.
Geelong did it in 1 patch and was good in the mid 90s but didnt win.

Eagles made grand final in 3 periods and have the disadvantage of playing away in everyone.

Hawks in 3 periods and been more successful on grandfinal day but have advatnage of being at home every time.

Reckon its close between hawks and eagles despite the 5 flags v 3 flags.

GoLions

Quote from: Holz on December 09, 2016, 12:32:44 PM

/End discussion ;)

Eagles made grand final in 3 periods and have the disadvantage of playing away in everyone.

Hawks in 3 periods and been more successful on grandfinal day but have advatnage of being at home every time.

Ok so we'll also discount the Hawks 3 in a row cause that was just 1 run, and then discount the early Hawks and Iggs flags as the Lions weren't in the AFL at the time :P

Lions GOAT ;D

Ringo

Meanwhile after a busy few days looked at Lions Draw and we only play the one game in Qld and that is at Metricon down the coast.  Others are Etihad and Hickinbotham Oval, Noarlung. Had to search where Noarllunga is. So we travel a fair bit as well.

Ringo

Quote from: GoLions on December 09, 2016, 12:51:42 PM

/End discussion ;)

Ok so we'll also discount the Hawks 3 in a row cause that was just 1 run, and then discount the early Hawks and Iggs flags as the Lions weren't in the AFL at the time :P

Lions GOAT ;D
So when the Lions win 4 in a row from 2019 we will discount that as well based on your theory. And looking back through history the Lions played less games at the G than Eagles. So yer we are GOAT.

Holz

Quote from: GoLions on December 09, 2016, 12:51:42 PM

/End discussion ;)

Lions GOAT ;D

lions where basically good for 4 years then have been shocking for pretty much the rest of the time.

Eagles and hawks have had 3 periods of being successful. let alone the 6 grandfinals compared to 2.

if Lions win 4 in a row from 2019 to 2022 ill leave FF forever.

I reckon they will be lucky to make the finals 4 years in a row.

JBs-Hawks

Hawks are GOAT how is this even a discussion  :P

Vinny

Holz, your need to have a different or controversial opinion/theory gives me aids.