Main Menu

A disgrace.

Started by anchorman, December 08, 2016, 01:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anchorman

I am no way a fan of the Eagles, far from it, but what has been dished out to them for the preseason games is a disgrace.
Along with the Dockers, they are the most traveled club in the competition, yet the AFL in its wisdom!!!!!!!????? decide to send them the most miles  for games that almost mean JS.
What a crock of BS.

Big Mac

Sorry mate I will get straight onto moving west Australia next to the G

Mat0369

Does it really matter? Most of the time in these games you just send out a handful of senior players with the kids who are fighting for spots. Those kids most of the time aren't best 22 anyway.

anchorman

Yes it does matter.The Victorian club  moan and groan about coming to WA twice in a year.But that seldom happens.
What ever happened the equalisation in the AFL.OHHH that's right, that only applies to the money losing clubs from Melbourne getting hand outs from the AFL.

nrich102

Quote from: anchorman on December 08, 2016, 01:42:51 AM
Yes it does matter.The Victorian club  moan and groan about coming to WA twice in a year.But that seldom happens.
What ever happened the equalisation in the AFL.OHHH that's right, that only applies to the money losing clubs from Melbourne getting hand outs from the AFL.
This man has a point.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Big  Mac on December 08, 2016, 01:18:12 AM

anchorman

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on December 08, 2016, 01:50:06 AM
Quote from: Big  Mac on December 08, 2016, 01:18:12 AM
Wouldn't work I am afraid.That would make us as equal as the Melbourne based clubs.We couldn't have that.

Mat0369

I just went and looked at the fixture. Cry me a river. WC play two games in WA. The whole point of the pre-season comp is to play games in regional areas of the state so those fans can watch some AFL quality footy. It's 3 games played over a month where the players are rotated heavily and senior players maybe play 2 games. This isn't some consipiracy theory against the WA clubs, it's an opportunity for the Western Australian fans to actually watch these boys play.

Jukes

The "interstate teams have to travel more so they have it tougher" sob story is getting old

Can confirm that West Aussies usually do love a cry tho no matter what the topic

elephants

Yeah look, I've always considered this a bit of a non-issue. The home ground advantage we get at Subi is a million times better than anything Melbourne clubs get at the G, especially when they play another Victorian club.

Quote from: Jukes on December 08, 2016, 02:45:39 AM
Can confirm that West Aussies usually do love a cry tho no matter what the topic

You know where the airport is bud

shaker

Anyone with any ideas about interstate clubs travelling less when there are 10 Vic clubs please post  ::)

nrich102

Well vic clubs (minus Geelong) only have to travel 9 other teams home games, other than that they get home games. Surely it can't be that hard to make them travel once or twice more each season and the interstate clubs have an extra game at home.

Nige

Quote from: shaker on December 08, 2016, 12:49:17 PM
Anyone with any ideas about interstate clubs travelling less when there are 10 Vic clubs please post  ::)
Could just merge the WA clubs with the SA clubs and QLD clubs with the NSW clubs and all teams only have fly as far as SA and NSW.

So Crows-Eagles merger, Port-Freo merger, Brisbane-Giants and Sun-Swans... what could possibly go wrong?!

shaker

Quote from: nrich102 on December 08, 2016, 12:54:30 PM
Well vic clubs (minus Geelong) only have to travel 9 other teams home games, other than that they get home games. Surely it can't be that hard to make them travel once or twice more each season and the interstate clubs have an extra game at home.

Ok throw into that we have 23 round comp with 18 teams and the higher finishing teams get a harder draw playing top 8 teams twice that should be a piece of cake to organize  :P

GoLions

Quote from: elephants on December 08, 2016, 04:50:05 AM
Yeah look, I've always considered this a bit of a non-issue. The home ground advantage we get at Subi is a million times better than anything Melbourne clubs get at the G, especially when they play another Victorian club.
Ele is on the money here