Main Menu

Forum Changes/Additions/Removals

Started by Hellopplz, December 01, 2016, 01:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellopplz

Hey all!

Planning on seeing what features I can add to the forum for something new.

Came across the Buddy/Ignore lists which could be handy (especially for the people who clash alot, but not good for the comps if the users are in there) so any thoughts on this?

I added go up/down buttons on each thread page which may be handy instead of scrolling through long pages (when you view 50 posts a page like me).

I also enabled the ability to view users' online/offline status in posts and PMs, which is handy when looking at a thread :).

Happy to take a look into other forms of things to add to the forum, but nothing too complex for myself to do!

Hellopplz

Contemplating whether or not we should add signatures on here.

kilbluff1985

i like the new go up the top of thread button

kilbluff1985

i have a cool idea how about a cheer/boo system  :P

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 01, 2016, 03:19:19 AM
i have a cool idea how about a cheer/boo system  :P

Pls no

Don't think signatures would do anything either except clutter up threads. They work well on certain forums for putting useful information etc there but would just be adding clutter that wouldn't improve anything I think

Like the online status in thread :)

Torpedo10

So now there is two indicators for being online, the PM bubble below the DP and the computer screen above?

Seems pointless.

Purple 77

I like the "Go Up" and "Go Down" buttons :)

Not too sure about signatures IMO. I guess we have text below our avatars which kinda act like one.

... what is a Buddy list?

Nige

Quote from: Purple 77 on December 01, 2016, 10:10:13 AM
I like the "Go Up" and "Go Down" buttons :)

Not too sure about signatures IMO. I guess we have text below our avatars which kinda act like one.

... what is a Buddy list?
The buddy list is just a way to add your forum friends.

If you go Profile and then Modify Profile, Buddy/Ignore List is the last option. From there you'll be able to see anyone you have added and see if they're online (or if they've got other stuff set up like email etc). A good way to send PMs to coaches too.

Hellopplz

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 01, 2016, 09:04:06 AM
So now there is two indicators for being online, the PM bubble below the DP and the computer screen above?

Seems pointless.
So is me as the admin, but here we are.

Hellopplz

All good on the signatures! I was thinking the same with the clutter so would have had to keep them short/small. And as you guys said, got the text under the avatar anyway so guess can strike them down for now.

Also may change emoticons but need to search for a good set as current ones ate not that great.

Nige

Also if you add someone to your buddy list their names becomes bold in Who's Online section.

Purple 77

SydneyRox

That up down is awesome!!

LOL @ KB on the cheer/boo!! That was an awesome innovation!! :P

Nige

Quote from: Purple 77 on December 01, 2016, 11:20:58 AM
I'm not your Buddy, guy
Actually you're literally the only person I currently have added.  :P

Purple 77

Quote from: Nige on December 01, 2016, 11:35:46 AM
Quote from: Purple 77 on December 01, 2016, 11:20:58 AM
I'm not your Buddy, guy
Actually you're literally the only person I currently have added.  :P

... then I'm not your guy, friend!

:P

*my favourite South Park lines*

But yeah, the online thing, I keep forgetting you can tell with a symbol below the avatar, but I notice it now  :)