5) Steve Waugh (c)
6) Andrew Symonds
7) Adam Gilchrist (wk)
8 ) Shane Warne
9) Brett Lee
10) Mitchell Johnson
11) Glenn McGrath

maybe I could have Gillespie over Johnson but wanted a left armer in there

Hayden Langer Ponting pretty self explanatory. Clarkey cos he's my favourite player of all time. Steve Waugh as my captain and a rock at 5, Symonds at 6 as my all-rounder and one of the best fielders of all time, Gilly cos he's Gilly, same with Warne, Lee and Johnson putting fear in the batsmen, and McGrath pretty self explanatory

it's pretty much the old school team haha. for good reason though. Michael Hussey stiff to miss out on both teams but I have Symonds in the second team as my all-rounder, and there's no way Sobers doesn't make the first team for the same reason. I might be missing someone obvious but that'll do for now

Surely with those 4 bowlers + Steve Waugh and Pup you dont need an AR
yeah that's a fair call. he's such a good fielder as well though. and he'd be good to have a few drinks with after a big win ;D

but Huss is no slouch in the field, and is a better bat... and can bowl a bit if needed... I might have to make the switch
thinking about this now and I'm pretty happy for Smith to take that spot now. bit of re-shuffling with the batting order

Nige

Quote from: plumdog millionaire on January 15, 2017, 12:21:01 PM
Quote from: Jay on January 15, 2017, 12:14:44 PM
Quote from: fanTCfool on January 15, 2017, 12:07:53 AM
Guys w/ Two First Names XI

1. Matthew Hayden
2. Mark Taylor
3. ???
4. Damien Martyn
5. Brendon Julian
6. Matthew Wade
7. Glenn Maxwell
8. Brett Lee
9. Ben Laughlin
10. Shane Lee
11. ???
Michael Bevan
Could slot in a number of great men at 11, but Mick Lewis just over Mike Whitney for me!