Positional Changes Thread

Started by Levi434, October 28, 2016, 02:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

I think the best way to go this season is with the clubs website player profiles, with exceptions.

In the recent player profiles on the Fremantle site she is a Half Back? ... in the article you have posted it says she is a Ruck, she came from a basketball background so I am happy for Ruck position but I don't think we can give her R/F DPP.

Chiocci is definitely a D/M DPP

New positions

Gemma Houghton (R)
Steph Chiocci (D/M)

Levi434

Quote from: Koop on February 01, 2017, 12:40:30 AM
I know it's 11th hour but requesting two changes. 1 which I feel I wouldn'tve been able to make earlier.

Player Name: Gemma Houghton
Current Position(s): M
Suggested New Position(s): R/F
Reasoning: Pre-season game against Adelaide her first competitive match of football. No one had a position for her before that. Now listed on fremantle's website as a Ruck, but listed as a forward flanker in other places. Will happily take just Ruck though.
Reference: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-26/infographic-get-to-know-the-aflw-dockers

Player Name: Steph Chiocci
Current Position(s): M
Suggested New Position(s): D/M
Reasoning: Listed as a D/M on the Collingwood website, as well as in her captaincy appointment article on the AFL Website.
Reference: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-26/blues-fan-then-bulldog-but-now-chiocci-is-pies-skipper & http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-29/infographic-get-to-know-the-aflw-magpies

Confirmed both Koop.

fanTCfool

A few changes after team announcements tonight, best indication of positions thus far I suppose,

Player Name: Dana Hooker
Current Position(s): Midfield only
Suggested New Position(s): Forward only
Reasoning: Listed to start at CHF http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-02/aflw-all-the-round-one-teams

Player Name: Sarah Hosking
Suggested New Position(s): Defender/midfielder
Reasoning: This video suggests that she will start off a half back http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2017-02-02/aflw-team-selection-round-1

Player Name: Shae Audley
Suggested New Position(s): Forward only
Reasoning: Same video, Audley is listed to start as a forward pocket http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2017-02-02/aflw-team-selection-round-1

Football Factory

We are going by the player profiles not teams ... if we were i would have 15 Backs  :P

fanTCfool

That's cute but, a team can't have 15 midfielders. Maybe all 15 of them are midfielders but there's only 8 or so spots.
You see it frequently in the AFL, young midfielders entering strong sides have to play as forward pockets.
Please let me know if my changes are passed or rejected soon.

Levi434

All good FTC.

Also as of now there are NO MORE POSITIONAL CHANGES! Unless there is a crazy exception.

Football Factory

Players play all over the ground, they don't always start in positions that they play normally, positions can change due to injuries and lack of players in that position or maybe the club want to try a player in another position or maybe they start them there and then when the game starts they move them back to normal position for tactics or during rotations. There are multiple reasons players don't always start in their normal positions.

Everybody drafted players according to their positions on the player profiles (as was the rules) . If I changed every player I have according to the way the teams have been named it would be a joke. Personally I would not have let the changes through.

Don't appreciate the cute comments, have some respect or you can run the comp.

fanTCfool

Just trying to be accurate mate, if all of your players are listed to play elsewhere, you should've put in for a change. I definitely would not have whined. It's a debut season, the first week of matches, team announcements are the first indications of where players will actually line up in a match. I personally would be allowing positional changes throughout the season as we gauge who is playing where. Season 0, the tester, there's no sheep stations, accuracy is more important IMO.

Football Factory

The rules were we go by player profiles, I don't know how else to explain it to you. If I changed my players according to the round 1 teams I wouldn't need backs or forwards I could just play all my mids because most of them would have DPP.

We all drafted knowing the rules, and we all chose players according to the positions so we all had enough players to cover positions. My backline is pretty rooted ... I am not going to request that my mids are changed to D/M because of round 1 teams.

Imagine AFL Fantasy changed all the positions according to round 1 teams.

fanTCfool

Decline them then, it doesn't really worry me. Whatever floats your boat.

Football Factory

Quote from: fanTCfool on February 03, 2017, 06:57:08 PM
Decline them then, it doesn't really worry me. Whatever floats your boat.

Wasn't my call, and i don't have a boat  ;)

Ziplock

Quote from: Levi434 on February 03, 2017, 12:46:47 AM
All good FTC.

Also as of now there are NO MORE POSITIONAL CHANGES! Unless there is a crazy exception.

Tbh, I find this pretty dodgy. I'm not fussed (and I'm pretty sure I'm playing FTC this round) and I don't know the final results/ I'm happy for them to stand however it lands, but I don't know of any fantasy competition that changes the positions of players the day before round 1 based on where they were named on the field for the first game.

Why are there so many mids listed on the sites? Because most of them would have been midfielders when they didn't play AFL- in lower grades unless you're a monster goal kicker if you're a medium height then if you're the best player on your team (which the draftees would have been) then you're going to play in the midfield.

Otherwise it's like me emailing the supercoach/ afl fantasy a day before round 1 of the mens being like 'so I heard dangerfield's been training forward a bit, and he's named as a HF for round 1, so like, he should be fwd thx.'.

We decided the positions based on what preseason info we had after drafting, then clarified with official position releases from the AFL/ clubs. As I said, happy for whatever result is this week, but for future weeks this is dodgy af, unless we start naming teams based on where they're named in team lists every week (which is a pain in the ass).