Positional Changes Thread

Started by Levi434, October 28, 2016, 02:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levi434

This is the thread where we will discuss and decide who gets various positions. The player positions are listed in the Draft Thread OP. The changes will be changed there but confirmed here. How this will work is:

Player Name:
Current Position(s):
Suggested New Position(s):
Reasoning:

Simply fill this out and then if it is a simple call, I'll make the change. Otherwise if I feel there is an element of iffiness attached, I'll send out a vote to all the coaches and if at least 3 reject the proposal then the change will NOT occur and the coach will have the chance to resubmit their proposal.

I'll start us off with:

Player Name: Heather Anderson
Current Position(s): Midfielder
Suggested New Position(s): Back
Reasoning: She is listed as a Defender on her player profile see here: http://www.afc.com.au/news/2016-10-12/womens-draft-player-profiles

Levi434

Official Changes:

Heather Anderson from M to B - Confirmed
Erin McKinnon from M to R - Confirmed
Alicia Eva from B to M/F - Confirmed
Isabella Ayre from M to F - Confirmed
Tayla Bresland F to D - Confirmed
Amy Lavell M to F - Confirmed
Hayley Miller B to B/M - Confirmed
Hayley Wildes M to B - Confirmed
Breanna Koenen M to B/M - Confirmed
Nicki Wallace F to M/F - Confirmed
Emily Bates M to M/B - Confirmed
Emma Zielke M to M/F - Confirmed
Gabrielle Pound M to F - Confirmed
Megan Hunt M to M/F - Confirmed
Courtney Clarkson F to F/R - Confirmed
Kate Deegan M to B - Confirmed
Tayla Harris F to F/R - Confirmed
Sophie Armistead M to B/M - Confirmed
Lauren Spark B to R/F - Confirmed
Kirsten McLeod M to F - Confirmed
Kate Stanton M to F - Confirmed
Pepa Randall M to F - Confirmed
Harriet Cordner M to B - Confirmed

Levi434

Also I'll try to limit DPP's as we can't have too many :P

fanTCfool

Jakarta requests,

Player Name: Erin McKinnon
Current Position(s): Midfielder only
Suggested New Position(s): Ruck only
Reasoning: She is a massive 189cm tall, and was named as the ruck-woman in the 2016 Youth Girls' All Australia Team
Source: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-05/youth-girls-all-australian-team-announced

Should be a relatively simple one I would imagine  :)

Nige

Player: Alicia Eva
Current Position: Back
Suggested: Mid/Fwd
Reasoning: All sources suggest that she is and will play as a mid/fwd. The source below (Collingwood draft profiles) even state she's a half-forward/midfielder.
Source: http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2016-10-12/pickbypick-afl-womens-draft

Levi434

Confirmed both Alicia Eva and Erin McKinnon.  :)

Levi434

Player Name: Isabella Ayre
Current Position(s): Pure Midfielder
Suggested New Position(s): Pure Forward
Reasoning: Her player profile here, says she is a predominate forward with the capacity to play in the midfield. However I think she should only be listed as a pure forward and not given DPP.

Ziplock

ftr, I've just contact afl fantasy to see if they intend on making a women's league next year... because if so this could end up being redundant :P

fanTCfool

Quote from: Ziplock on November 01, 2016, 05:27:47 PM
ftr, I've just contact afl fantasy to see if they intend on making a women's league next year... because if so this could end up being redundant :P

It's not so much AFL Fantasy we need to worry about, we just need any website to publish the stats (if not FanFooty) and we can calculate the scores from there.

If no one is committed to doing all the player stats, or at least publishing them, then we are in a spot of bother.

Football Factory

Quote from: fanTCfool on November 01, 2016, 05:30:27 PM

It's not so much AFL Fantasy we need to worry about, we just need any website to publish the stats (if not FanFooty) and we can calculate the scores from there.

If no one is committed to doing all the player stats, or at least publishing them, then we are in a spot of bother.

I reckon the Afl site will have a Matchday score centre.

Football Factory

Player Name: Tayla Bresland
Current Position(s): Pure Forward
Suggested New Position(s): Pure Back
Reasoning: She is listed as a key back in player profiles

Tayla Bresland â€" Pick 52
D.O.B: 4 February 1996
Recruited from: Peel Thunderbirds
Position: Defender
Work or study: Second year cabinet maker apprentice
Achievements and awards: 2016 Peel Thunder Coaches award, 2015 Peel Thunder Best and Fairest, 2012 Jim Stynes scholarship

Bresland is a key defender who has shown she has the ability to take on and beat the best forwards in the country.

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2016-10-12/meet-freos-newest-recruits

Levi434

Football Factory

Nige

Player Name: Amy Lavell
Current Position: Mid
Suggested Position: Fwd
Reasoning: Was the leading goalkicker in the WAWFL in 2016.
Source: http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2016-10-12/meet-freos-newest-recruits

Ziplock

Quote from: fanTCfool on November 01, 2016, 05:30:27 PM

I meant regarding the positions, a third party setting it would probs be more accurate than what we do

there wont be an AFL fantasy comp for women's next year (they'll start it in 2018 apparently), I'll check with SC tomoz I guess :P