Main Menu

2017 ladder/season predictions.

Started by quinny88, October 28, 2016, 02:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

Of course it's hard to accurately read it prior to drafting, pre-season, etc, but I'll try and vibe it out.

1. GWS
2. Sydney
3. Adelaide
4. Bulldogs
5. Hawthorn
6. Essendon
7. Freo
8. West Coast
9. Saints
10. Geelong
11. Melbourne
12. Collingwood
13. Port
14. Richmond
15. GC
16. Carlton
17. North
18. Brisbane

Grand Final: GWS vs Adelaide
Premiers: GWS
Brownlow: Bont, just ahead of Parker and Sloane
Coleman: Buddy, he's due for a big year

RaisyDaisy

Interesting to see how many people have Adelaide so high

I can't shake the fact that they didn't beat a top 8 side since before the bye. They beat norf a few times only

I think they'll finish 5-8 again, and more or less repeat their 2016 season

One thing for sure 2017 will be wide open

GoLions

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 01, 2016, 05:54:00 PM

I can't shake the fact that they didn't beat a top 8 side since before the bye. They beat norf a few times only

Hawks and Cats probably drop a bit, Dogs expected to be top 4, that still leaves one spot which I think the Crows should get.

Jukes

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 01, 2016, 05:54:00 PM

I definitely think 2017 is their time to step up and really compete. Very good in the centre (Jacobs, Crouch, Crouch, Sloane), solid backline (Talia and Laird are guns), and their forward line is awesome - Tex Walker is their fourth best forward (behind Lynch, Eddie, and Jenkins - and you could argue Cameron is better than Tex too). The development of guys like McGovern, CEY, Lever, Hartigan, Atkins, Milera etc and if old cows like Thompson, Douglas, and Sauce can keep up they'll certainly be a contender.

But yes there's a big handful of teams who could compete for the flag - from my ladder I reckon each of the top 9 are in their premiership window except maybe the Dons, who have a good fixture.

PowerBug

Quote from: GoLions on November 01, 2016, 06:04:46 PM
Hawks and Cats probably drop a bit, Dogs expected to be top 4, that still leaves one spot which I think the Crows should get.
Brisbane to do what WB and Port have done 2 and 4 years before them and bolt into the 8 when the club looked like it was on its knees? Maybe your lads are the guys coming top 4 next year ;)

Nige

1. GWS
2. Dogs
3. Sydney
4. Saints
5. Geelong
6. Adelaide
7. Melbourne
8. Weagles

9. Hawthorn
10. Freo
11. Tigers
12. Bombers
13. Pies
14. Port
15. Brisbane
16. GC
17. Carlton
18. Norf

GF: Dogs vs GWS
Premiers: GWS
Brownlow: Parker
Coleman: JJK

Bill Manspeaker

RaisyDaisy

Alright, I'm going to have a crack at this now

1. GWS
2. Sydney
3. WBD
4. Hawthorn
5. WCE
6. Adelaide
7. Fremantle
8. Melbourne

Feel like the Top 6 will all make the 8, but 7-12 is what will be really exciting to see play out because I think Freo, Melb, Geelong, St Kilda, Essendon and Collingwood will all be fighting for those spots

I think losing Bartel, Enright and Caddy will see the Cats go backwards and miss the 8

tbagrocks

Man this is REALLY tough Ladder, hardest I've ever tried predicting. Something tells me Freo will be higher

1. Sydney
2. GWS ::) (Still haven't been charged with TANKING)
3. West Coast
4. Adelaide
5. Geelong
6. Essendon
7. Bulldogs
8. Melbourne ;D

9. Richmond
10. Fremantle
11. Port Adelaide
12. St Kilda
13. Hawthorn
14. Collingwood
15. North Melbourne
16. Carlton
17. Gold Coast
18. Brisbane

GF. Adelaide v Bulldogs
Brownlow: Nat Fyfe
Rising star: Wayne Milera
Coleman: Tex

meow meow

Can someone explain it to me?

Call me bias but I think you're all crazy for picking GWS to be minor premiers and premiers. The hype is huge but if you look at best 22's and depth how can you have them above us? Their first year academy players won't really do anything to make a difference in 2017, and they have traded away all their depth. They have huge reputations, but is Jacob Hopper really any better than fellow 2nd year player Josh Dunkley? Kelly better than Macrae? Williams vs JJ? Haynes vs Wood? Clay Smith is finally healthy and if you watched all 4 finals you'll have seen that he's as good as Toby or Devon in that role. Even a guy like Lids with his huge rep vs Liam Picken who just gets it done with little fanfare. That sums it up IMO, hype vs reality.

As for depth - no contest.

B: Heath Shaw, Aidan Corr, Nick Haynes
HB: Nathan Wilson, Phil Davis, Zac Williams
C: Josh Kelly, Callan Ward, Tom Scully
HF: Brett Deledio, Jeremy Cameron, Toby Greene
F: Steve Johnson, Jon Patton, Rory Lobb
R: Shane Mumford, Dylan Shiel, Stephen Coniglio
I: Devon Smith, Ryan Griffen, Lachie Whitfield?, Jacob Hopper

Matt Kennedy
Adam Tomlinson
Matt Buntine
Adam Kennedy
Dawson Simpson
Jake Barrett
Tim Mohr
Harrison Himmelberg

B: Matthew Boyd, Fletcher Roberts, Dale Morris
HB: Jason Johannisen, Marcus Adams, Easton Wood
C: Lachie Hunter, Tom Liberatore, Jack Macrae
HF: Liam Picken, Stewart Crameri, Tory Dickson
F: Clay Smith, Travis Cloke, Jake Stringer
R: Jordan Roughead, Marcus Bontempelli, Luke Dahlhaus
I: Tom Boyd, Robert Murphy, Caleb Daniel, Josh Dunkley

Shane Biggs
Matt Suckling
Lin Jong
Toby McLean
Mitch Wallis?
Jack Redpath
Bailey Williams
Tom Campbell
Zaine Cordy
Lucas Webb

Is it just because of Cloke? If so, I understand.

TomK

Western Bulldogs
GWS
Sydney
Adelaide
Geelong
St Kilda
Melbourne
West Coast
---------------
Hawthorn
Richmond
Fremantle
Collingwood
Port Adelaide
Essendon
North Melbourne
Gold Coast
Carlton
Brisbane

Spots 10-14 could be in any order

GF - Dogs vs GWS
Premiers - Dogs
Brownlow - Bont/Fyfe
Coleman - Buddy

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: meow meow on November 01, 2016, 10:26:28 PM

Call me bias but I think you're all crazy for picking GWS to be minor premiers and premiers. The hype is huge but if you look at best 22's and depth how can you have them above us? Their first year academy players won't really do anything to make a difference in 2017, and they have traded away all their depth. They have huge reputations, but is Jacob Hopper really any better than fellow 2nd year player Josh Dunkley? Kelly better than Macrae? Williams vs JJ? Haynes vs Wood? Clay Smith is finally healthy and if you watched all 4 finals you'll have seen that he's as good as Toby or Devon in that role. Even a guy like Lids with his huge rep vs Liam Picken who just gets it done with little fanfare. That sums it up IMO, hype vs reality.

Id take

Hopper > Dunkley
Kelly > Macrae
Williams > JJ
Haynes = Wood
Toby > Clay > Devon
Lids > Picken

So yes they have you covered!

RaisyDaisy

I think the short answer is, they lost to you by a kick and now have Lids coming in as well as another preseason

The natural progression of their group looks like domination is around the corner

I'd be more than happy to see the Giants and Doggies battling it out for the next few years

PowerBug

And the Bulldogs went backwards big time this offseason.

meow meow

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 01, 2016, 10:49:19 PM
Quote from: meow meow on November 01, 2016, 10:26:28 PM

Id take

Hopper > Dunkley
Kelly > Macrae
Williams > JJ
Haynes = Wood
Toby > Clay > Devon
Lids > Picken

So yes they have you covered!

Probably thought the old Hawks had us covered too :P

Even if these were accurate, the margins would be minor. But we've got Bont and they don't so we'll slay them anyway. I recall you saying he was overrated so I'm comfortable with you underrating the above guys too.

Quote from: PowerBug on November 01, 2016, 11:20:23 PM
And the Bulldogs went backwards big time this offseason.

Hamling was the only loss and it'll be offset by the return of Adams.

Also regain Bob and Crameri, and add Cloke.

Stevens is a minor loss, Hrovat had little chance of getting games even if he stayed. Our VFL team copped it a bit but the seniors will be strengthened if anything.