B: Ciaran Byrne, Jacob Weitering, Lachie Plowman
HB: Sam Docherty, Caleb Marchbank, Kade Simpson
C: Nick Graham, Bryce Gibbs, Ed Curnow
HF: Sam Kerridge, Matthew Kreuzer, Matthew Wright
F: Jack Silvanghi, Harry McKay, Charlie Curnow
R: Andrew Phillips, Patrick Cripps, Marc Murphy
INT: David Cunningham, Jarrod Pickett, Dylan Buckley, Liam Sumner
EMERG: Blaine Boekhurst, Jed Lamb, Billie Smedts

Buckley and Graham really have potential and I think if we gave them a real crack at it they could be anything!

Casboult replaced by McKay
Rowe replaced by Marchbank
Thomas, Rowe, Everett, Armfield, White, Palmer and Casboult all unlucky to miss out but in a rebuilding team they are not needed. they offer good depth though.
Smedts, Jones, Goringe, Jaksch, Dick, Lamb and Boekhurst  to keep developing in the twos.

What is everyone's thoughts on this?

Koop

Rainbow gonna get a new contract?

Money Shot

Quote from: Koop on October 24, 2016, 05:35:40 PM
Honestly have no idea. He's not at AFL standard at the moment and we have a pretty solid back 6 now. Could be used for depth I guess :)

Mat0369

Quote from: Koop on October 24, 2016, 05:35:40 PM

Considering he is a HBF and the two guys ahead of him are injured I would say so.

Vinny

FB:   Simpson Marchbank Plowman      
HB:   Bryne   Weitering Docherty      
C:   Curnow Cripps Kerridge      
HF:   Curnow Phillips Pickett      
FF   Silvagni McKay Wright      

F:   Kreuzer Gibbs Murphy      
I/C:   Cunningham Palmer Brodie* Buckley

I'd have something like this.

Backline is looking set; pending Brynes fitness, if not, Buckely could come in there and add Boekhorst/Sumner/Graham in. I've left Rowe but think he will play and Weiters might go forward or vice versa; hope not though. Hard to leave out a bloke who comes 6th in the BNF but he is just too slow and we should allow the future back 6 to gel.

Palmer is a good strong body to have in there to support Cripps imo so he starts. Cunningham and Pick 5 if we take Brodie should play most of next year.

Unsure where I stand on the Kreuzer, Phillips and Casboult situation at this stage. Will be interesting.

Pickett's x-factor will be handy in the forward line and we need to keep putting games into C.Curnow, Silvagni and McKay.

Mat0369

I think one of Rowe and White will play most weeks. White is probably more versatile but Rowe will take the big key forward each week allowing the others to develop before being pushed out of the team next year. I think Byrne did an ACL so he will likely miss most of next season. The Tuohy spot will probably be rotated between 4 guys and it should be Byrne's in 2018 unless someone really stands up.

If McKay can push for a spot we likely roll with one of Sauce/Kreuz and Levi. Casboult will be the big bodied forward and might play more up the ground while also being the 2nd ruck. Levi really struggled after the injury, remember it was supposed to keep him out 3 months and he played a fortnight later. Same with Kreuz. I think if they get through the pre-season unscathed both will be better next year.

It will be interesting to see if we decide to play Curnow in the midfield or as a forward. The talk was heading into the draft is that he would be a forward early before being a big bodied mid. That's the other way we could potentially fit all of McKay, Kreuz/Sauce and Levi in the team.

Palmer will play, Dennis is a FA so I don't think we sign him for next year and Palmer fills his role. I think we are also going to have to suffer through 14 more games of Daisy this year.

The draft could also change how we line up come round 1. Our pick at 5 could be a HB/HF similar to what Mills was this year and we play him in the open spot in the back half.

Money Shot

Surely Thomas is in our best 22?

Vinny

Thomas isn't in our 22, well past it. Pretty sure he has a contract extension caluse based on games played, but not 100% sure. Either way, hopefully he doesn't get there and we drop him at the end of next year. Curnow will play forward for now until he builds himself up. Definitely gonna be a midfielder eventually.

Hope we take Brodie with Pick 5 assuming the others above him are gone. He will slot straight into the midfield. If not, gotta be Taranto imo. Unless McGrath is magically there in which we gotta grab him.

Heard some talk of us getting Barlow for a few years, uneccessary and hope not.

Mat0369

Daisy shouldn't be in the 22, unfortunately it's likely his contract dictates he gets games. I think it's a 15 game trigger for next year so hopefully we play it smart for list management so he doesn't trigger it. Ideally we send him to the twos with a few of the other duds gone and some more youth in.