AFL Fixture 2017

Started by RaisyDaisy, October 23, 2016, 10:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koop

Quote from: PowerBug on October 26, 2016, 04:18:10 PM
Quote from: Koop on October 26, 2016, 04:12:56 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 26, 2016, 03:49:11 PM
Port vs Suns in Round 8 is being played in Shanghai for premiership points

Am actually rather keen to explore flight prices for this one. What an experience it will be.
Club doing packages from $1,700
http://afl.teeleetravel.com.au/Articles.asp?ID=252

Awesome, might be cheaper to source flights elsewhere but will have a sus.

jvalles69

Quote from: Koop on October 26, 2016, 05:20:13 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on October 26, 2016, 04:18:10 PM
Quote from: Koop on October 26, 2016, 04:12:56 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 26, 2016, 03:49:11 PM
Port vs Suns in Round 8 is being played in Shanghai for premiership points

Am actually rather keen to explore flight prices for this one. What an experience it will be.
Club doing packages from $1,700
http://afl.teeleetravel.com.au/Articles.asp?ID=252

Awesome, might be cheaper to source flights elsewhere but will have a sus.

Definitely would be cheaper flying Air Asia or similar budget airlines.

shaker

You guys would really go overseas to see Port and GC play  ::) :P

quinny88

Not only should no one go but every AFL fan should boycott the game and not even watch it on TV.
If they make a success of the first one then before you know it there will be regular overseas games. Absolute joke

RaisyDaisy

Hawks vs WCE Round 5 Sunday Twilight over Anzac weekend

Hawks vs Melb Round 7

Both at the G - only time Hawks play WCE for 2017 reg season

PowerBug

Quote from: shaker on October 26, 2016, 06:44:13 PM
You guys would really go overseas to see Port and GC play  ::) :P
If you wanted to go to China it would be a reason to go I guess :P I have no interest in going to China so I'll happily keep my money :P

Mat0369

Quote from: quinny88 on October 26, 2016, 07:04:16 PM
Not only should no one go but every AFL fan should boycott the game and not even watch it on TV.
If they make a success of the first one then before you know it there will be regular overseas games. Absolute joke

Apart from the fact if the AFL is to thrive they need to break into the international market. If you can somehow tap into China that is a potential 1 billion eyes on the sport which in turn means more revenue for the clubs and players.

Jukes

Seeing as it's Port (lel) against GC (lel), I don't think too many would watch it anyway

quinny88

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 26, 2016, 08:17:51 PM

Apart from the fact if the AFL is to thrive they need to break into the international market. If you can somehow tap into China that is a potential 1 billion eyes on the sport which in turn means more revenue for the clubs and players.

The AFL is thriving. It's been around for over 100 years, is the clear dominant sport in the country with world class stadiums and facilities and is the 3rd most attended league in the world behind only the NFL and bundesliga.
It's not like going international is a matter of survival, it's just a matter of the corporate BS artists at the top trying to stuff their pockets more

PowerBug

You said the same thing when we played in New Zealand right? And when we played pre-season/practice matches in the UAE and China?

quinny88

Quote from: PowerBug on October 26, 2016, 10:43:47 PM
You said the same thing when we played in New Zealand right? And when we played pre-season/practice matches in the UAE and China?

Couldn't care less where they play exhibition games but for premiership points is a different story.
NZ has already been proven to be a waste of time/money as I suspected it would but I had more hope for that than I do for China as NZ is Similair in a lot of ways to Aus culturally.
Just don't see what the need is to expand overseas when we have such a successful sport and competition as it is. The crowds, money, TV deals and ratings are all growing well enough to fill everyone's pockets and pay our players well while having a great spectacle. Just doesn't need to be messed with in that way. Just my opinion though

RaisyDaisy

Full fixture to be released in 30 mins at 9:30am AEST

8 Thurs night games next year

Purple 77

THE DEES ARE COMING TO HOBART AGAIN!

WHOOOO!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Purple 77

Hobart get the better draw as always compared to Launny  8)

Hawthorn v North at Launceston is an interesting one, at the newly renamed... ugh... "University of Tasmania Stadium".

God dammit Uni. Why you do this?

Bill Manspeaker

who do we have to flower to get a game against Port at Etihad

pretty happy with the draw though