Main Menu

2016 Off season

Started by frenzy, October 20, 2016, 06:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frenzy

I'm giving the 2016 Trade Period a big tick. Ahern, Marley and Hrovat are good gets imo. The beauty of these three is, they all cost us nothing more than Chicken Twistees. Still got our first round draft pick and two second rounders to take to the Draft. 8)

Am also glad that Blacky was found a new home down at the Cats.

frenzy

frenzy

frenzy

Holz

Ahen was a great investment and hrovat was a steal.

dont like the williams pick as i dont rate his kicking and i would rather see Vickers Willis or Hibberd get a spot in the seniors over him.

reckon we got robbed with wells on the 2nd rounder, have major issues with how compo is handed out given he got less compop then spuds like vickery because of the system.

still reasonably happy after the shocking move to push Boomer and NDS out.

1/4 of our team was injured last year so they are bascially ins.

Turner Wood Hansen Higgins Jacobs Mcdonald Hrovat in

hopefully we draft a good guy at 11.

who do you think we will go?

I reckon we should pick up Todd Marshall if he slips. Very talented forward.

shaker

Quote from: Holz on October 21, 2016, 03:14:40 PM

dont like the williams pick as i dont rate his kicking and i would rather see Vickers Willis or Hibberd get a spot in the seniors over him.

reckon we got robbed with wells on the 2nd rounder, have major issues with how compo is handed out given he got less compop then spuds like vickery because of the system.

The reason the Tiges got a better pick is because Vickery is nearly 6 years younger , simple Wells is old

frenzy

Can you still buy Chicken Twistee's ? thats what these guys cost us. Marley couldn't be any worse than Jack Ziebell for disposal. Marley will free up LMac on the small forwards like Eddie Betts and Cyril. LMac can push up the ground, maybe to the wing. His disposal is good, he aint no Wellsy, but he's a good kick.

There's a few teams chasing the big ruckmen/forward by the name of Tim English in the draft, who should go in the top ten picks, so I can see us picking an A grader outside midfielder with pick 11. Wouldn't mind Dylan Clarke to come play with his Brother.

There is bugger all KPP in this draft and what little there is should be pushed high up the draft order. This will be good for us, as we don't need the book ends, we need outside Mids with serious leg speed and polish. Something that this Draft has plenty of. So while the other teams a fighting over KPP's and Rucks, we should be picking the eyes outta the Mids with speed  and polish.

Only 4 Victorian clubs retain a first round pick in the Draft. This will also be a factor in the Draft to help us. Interstate clubs are now having to consider the go home factor when deciding between draftees, so more home state draftees will be picked up. We do need the other clubs like Port, West Coast, Bulldogs to place high bids on the Academy players to ensure they pay a fair price.

We are the only team in the comp yet to get a single game into our 2014 recruits. In 2014 we mostly recruited KPP's, Ed Vickers, Nielson, Durdin and Preuss are all 190cm and above. Maybe Brad Scott had a crystal ball in 2014, this year the Draft is chock full of Midfielders. We should get three guns with our first three picks.

Wouldn't mind betting that Wellsy got the tap the same time that boomer, dal  got the flick. Reckon he done the club a huge favour going as a Free Agent. 2017 could of been his last year with us, atleast we got a second rounder. Consider the fact, the Hawks got pick 19 for Buddy, and the Tigers get (overs) 26 for Vickey, 32 for Wellsy not to bad in the end.

frenzy

so far, 8 players with 1964 games experience has been delisted or traded this year. :o

Holz

Quote from: shaker on October 21, 2016, 08:01:47 PM
Quote from: Holz on October 21, 2016, 03:14:40 PM

The reason the Tiges got a better pick is because Vickery is nearly 6 years younger , simple Wells is old

Thats not true at all.

They borh got 2nd round compo, richmond got more compensation as they finished lower on the ladder.

North would have been close to a first rounder.

If dogs lost bont they would still only get pick 19. Where as if essendon lost a vickers thry would get 20

shaker

The compensation formula produces a points rating for players based on :

1: The new contract of the free agent
2: The age of the free agent

That's off the AFL website
So if Wells contract was less lucrative say the same as Vickery's your pick would have been even later and if Wells was a similar age as Vickery it would have been higher , I know there are some like Buddy's that seem strange but it also says they have the power to intervene , but Wells and Vickery's seems to follow the formula

frenzy

Quote from: frenzy on October 21, 2016, 09:55:40 PM
so far, 8 players with 1964 games experience has been delisted or traded this year. :o

make that 10 players and 2010 games experience after todays delistings of Brad McKenzie and Joel Tippett.    :o

King Carey

Who are we going to get today

frenzy

frenzy

frenzy