Started by Jay, October 03, 2016, 10:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.Griffen

Quote from: Holz on June 27, 2017, 02:38:43 PM
Quote from: Toga on June 27, 2017, 02:28:16 PM
RUSSELL WESTBROOK MVP 8)

meh

32 11 10 on 43% shooting on a losing team gets you the MVP

34 12 10 on 56% shooting on a losing team gets you nothing but criticism.

if thats how the awards get handed out what value do they have.
Salty

Holz

Quote from: R.Griffen on June 27, 2017, 05:42:56 PM
Quote from: Holz on June 27, 2017, 02:38:43 PM
Quote from: Toga on June 27, 2017, 02:28:16 PM
RUSSELL WESTBROOK MVP 8)

meh

32 11 10 on 43% shooting on a losing team gets you the MVP

34 12 10 on 56% shooting on a losing team gets you nothing but criticism.

if thats how the awards get handed out what value do they have.
Salty

of course i am.

MVP/ Finals MVP  is not the best player, Its given to the best player on a top team in the regular season and the top player in the championship team.

Lebron was the top player in the finals but wasn't on the winning team so fair enough.

Westbrook wasn't as good as Lebron was in the finals yet he gets the MVP being the 10th best team in the league.

Leonard, Durant, Curry or Harden should have got the MVP. They got their teams to top 3 in the league in the regular season.

I personally think Lebron Harden Durrant had better seasons then Westbrook but thats besides the point, he should be ineligible being the 10th best team in a 32 team league. He only just edged out the Atlanta Hawks. 

Its not too bad, Westbrook will probably never win another award or title. Will go down in Hisotry as a poor man's steve nash.

R.Griffen

as a poor man's steve nash????

Steve Nash averaged a triple double one season? When was that?

Jay

Quote from: Toga on June 27, 2017, 12:28:34 PM
Milwaukee's Malcolm Brogdon wins ROTY
Happy with this. He was good, durable and played a role on a winning team. Was worried that Saric was going to win it.

valkorum

Quote from: R.Griffen on June 27, 2017, 07:33:29 PM

Ask Shaq about Nash's MVP  8)

Holz

Quote from: valkorum on June 27, 2017, 08:57:45 PM
Quote from: R.Griffen on June 27, 2017, 07:33:29 PM

Ask Shaq about Nash's MVP  8)

Yeah that was the comparison. Not game styles

TomK

CP3 to the Rockets!

Chris Paul and James Harden, wowee!

Toga

R.Griffen

Quote from: TomK on June 29, 2017, 02:43:19 AM
CP3 to the Rockets!

Chris Paul and James Harden, wowee!
Shocking move by the Rockets

valkorum

Who is gonna have the ball in their hands?  Both Harden and CP3 need the ball in their hands to be effective

Holz

Quote from: valkorum on June 29, 2017, 12:37:07 PM
Who is gonna have the ball in their hands?  Both Harden and CP3 need the ball in their hands to be effective

While another star doesnt hurt and its certainly a correct move by the rockets.

not sure its the best move for Cp3

Cp3 Leonard combo makes soo much sense.

Jay

When you can upgrade from Lou Williams and Patrick Beverley to Chris flowering Paul you absolutely have to do it. He's still a top 5 player in the league, just the sheer talent makes it worth it. But I think most are being too negative on the fit between him and Harden. They are both excellent shooters, Harden in particular is great at catching and shooting, they don't have to completely carry the offensive burden like last season where in particular Harden was just gassed late in games. Also Paul is still awesome defensively which helps cover for Harden's weaknesses.

I like it for both teams.

Holz

Quote from: Jay on June 29, 2017, 08:18:18 PM
When you can upgrade from Lou Williams and Patrick Beverley to Chris flowering Paul you absolutely have to do it. He's still a top 5 player in the league, just the sheer talent makes it worth it. But I think most are being too negative on the fit between him and Harden. They are both excellent shooters, Harden in particular is great at catching and shooting, they don't have to completely carry the offensive burden like last season where in particular Harden was just gassed late in games. Also Paul is still awesome defensively which helps cover for Harden's weaknesses.

I like it for both teams.

Agree with all that but was it the best fit for Paul?

Paul Leonard combo makes loads of sense. Shut down people on defense let paul handle the ball.

I wonder if he could have worked out a deal with Boston. Isiah Thomas and a pick for Paul. Then the celtics trade the picks for Paul George and then it would be pretty easy to entice Haywood to join

Paul Bradley George Haywood Horford with Tatum Crowder off the bench.

Toga

All the talk about his fit with San Antonio is all well and good but if they can't afford him then it's kind of a moot point Holz.

Also, it's Hayward - HayWARD!!!! :P

Holz

Quote from: Toga on June 30, 2017, 02:47:17 PM
All the talk about his fit with San Antonio is all well and good but if they can't afford him then it's kind of a moot point Holz.

Also, it's Hayward - HayWARD!!!! :P

Ward what a spud name.

I got Hugh Greenwood fever.