Started by Jay, October 03, 2016, 10:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: j959 on November 24, 2016, 02:05:07 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on November 24, 2016, 01:12:56 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on November 24, 2016, 01:11:58 PM
Just seen Lavine do a 360 from the FT line :o :o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYgJXBuAzXs
Impressive but for a minute there I thought you meant he did it IN A GAME!!!    :o    ;)
Like to see sports science break that down, the speed he has to arrive at the line combined with the right angle pivot for launch...

Mat0369

GS commentary team burning the Wolves.

'Every time I see Rubio in a Wolves uniform I'm thankful. Rubio was pick 6 in the draft allowing Golden State to take Steph Curry at pick 7'.

They are slightly wrong in the order, but that has to be one of the worst draft hauls ever for the Wolves. They took Rubio at 5 and Johnny Flynn at 6. Steph went at pick 7. They also took Ty Lawson at 18 and traded him to Denver. They also took Wayne Ellington in that draft. Some of the other guards other then Steph taken in that draft include DeRozan, Henderson, Holiday, Teague, Beverly, Collison, Mills, Green and Jennings.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Mat0369 on November 27, 2016, 04:29:02 PM

'Every time I see Rubio in a Wolves uniform I'm thankful. Rubio was pick 6 in the draft allowing Golden State to take Steph Curry at pick 7'.

They are slightly wrong in the order, but that has to be one of the worst draft hauls ever for the Wolves. They took Rubio at 5 and Johnny Flynn at 6. Steph went at pick 7. They also took Ty Lawson at 18 and traded him to Denver. They also took Wayne Ellington in that draft. Some of the other guards other then Steph taken in that draft include DeRozan, Henderson, Holiday, Teague, Beverly, Collison, Mills, Green and Jennings.
Ewwww that has gotta burn

jvalles69

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on November 28, 2016, 09:09:01 AM

On top of that Flynn couldn't even cut it at NBL level! :o

j959

Quote from: jvalles69 on November 28, 2016, 12:05:52 PM

ha, ha! forgot about that - which team did he play for?

ok Phoenix ... time to tank like for 'reals' now ... please put Dragan Bender into the starting line-up at PF (way too light but tonnes of length at 7ft tall, not sure his wing-span) ...

sorry, just bitter after they 'threw away' another game in the 4th qtr against Denver, who are obviously known as an 'ice clutch' team ...  ::)    :P    ;)

as a fan, i'm already looking at NBA draft 2017 prospects ...  :-X    :-[    ;)

Jay

Quote from: j959 on November 28, 2016, 04:46:47 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on November 28, 2016, 12:05:52 PM

ha, ha! forgot about that - which team did he play for?

ok Phoenix ... time to tank like for 'reals' now ... please put Dragan Bender into the starting line-up at PF (way too light but tonnes of length at 7ft tall, not sure his wing-span) ...

sorry, just bitter after they 'threw away' another game in the 4th qtr against Denver, who are obviously known as an 'ice clutch' team ...  ::)    :P    ;)

as a fan, i'm already looking at NBA draft 2017 prospects ...  :-X    :-[    ;)
As painful as it might be for PHX fans, I think you are right. This is the perfect year to tank, for one good reason... Because no one else is! The past few seasons there have been half a dozen teams racing to the bottom, whereas no one really is this season. Teams that have had some good lottery picks lately but haven't got that transformational player (think of the Suns and Magic) should forget about their expectations for this season and just race to the bottom.

As for Bender, I loved him at the draft and am still a huge fan. Hopefully he gets some run over the rest of this season!

Mat0369

I hope the Kings get a better draft pick then the 6'ers. We can just swap it anyway  :P

Jay

Shout-out to Evan Turner who is currently chasing hard after what I thought was an unattainable record, Roy Hibbert's infamous season of minus-684 in 2015/16. Turner is currently at -169 from his 19 games, on pace for an unbelievable -729 should he play 82 games! It's truly amazing how a team paying millions of dollars for pro personnel scouting can get it so wrong that they're paying $70 million over 4 years to a guy who when he is on the court, they play to a level worse than the 2011/12 Bobcats who went 7-59, and when he's off the court, they play at a level better than any team other than GSW, LAC and CLE.

Brad Stevens' two greatest coaching performances have been Jordan Crawford winning a player of the week award and subsequently Boston trading him for an asset only for him to be out of the league a moment later, and making Evan Turner look like a good player. Granted, he isn't as bad as he has been this season - Stevie Wonder could see that Portland was a horrible fit for him. He needs to be on a team where he can be the primary creator for the second unit, not standing in the corner letting the defense sag completely off of him. Keep getting 'dem cheques, Evan!

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Jay on November 30, 2016, 02:53:39 AM
Shout-out to Evan Turner who is currently chasing hard after what I thought was an unattainable record, Roy Hibbert's infamous season of minus-684 in 2015/16. Turner is currently at -169 from his 19 games, on pace for an unbelievable -729 should he play 82 games! It's truly amazing how a team paying millions of dollars for pro personnel scouting can get it so wrong that they're paying $70 million over 4 years to a guy who when he is on the court, they play to a level worse than the 2011/12 Bobcats who went 7-59, and when he's off the court, they play at a level better than any team other than GSW, LAC and CLE.

Brad Stevens' two greatest coaching performances have been Jordan Crawford winning a player of the week award and subsequently Boston trading him for an asset only for him to be out of the league a moment later, and making Evan Turner look like a good player. Granted, he isn't as bad as he has been this season - Stevie Wonder could see that Portland was a horrible fit for him. He needs to be on a team where he can be the primary creator for the second unit, not standing in the corner letting the defense sag completely off of him. Keep getting 'dem cheques, Evan!
I actually thought they would let him be the primary ball handler on the second unit, they just rolled with what they were already doing and expected him to fit in though, looks to be an odd sign with how they are using him, gotta love that +minus ;D

Jay

Anyone else think that Butler at $67 to win MVP seems way too high? I think he fits the bill.. Clear #1 player on his team, the team might be able to win 50 games, 25.8ppg with a PER of 29.3, he really is having a great season. Once you cross out Durant and Curry because I don't think voters will determine either of them to be the most valuable, you cross off Westbrook for being on a not good enough team, and you're left with guys like Harden, LBJ, Butler, Leonard and CP3. Unfortunately, I don't think CP3 will put up high enough points per game numbers for the less intelligent voters to realise just how good he is.

Giannis, DeRozan and Cousins have shorter odds which is just absurd. Butler certainly isn't the best player in the league, but is it possible he can win the award? I think so - we've seen it happen before with a Chicago Bull where such player wasn't even close to the best player in the league but won MVP quite comfortably ;)

Mat0369

Butler is no chance. There are 4 guys clearly ahead of him in the voting based on basic numbers. Westbrook is averaging a triple double, Harden is averaging double digit points and assists, KD is averaging a minimum of 25-6-5 and LeBron almost has a double double in points and assists. Even with KD and Steph playing together it's a non factor. Durant is probably putting up good enough numbers to win it.

All I know is JoJo will be league MVP within the next 4 seasons!

Just a little bit of a prediction for the Kings vs 6'ers tomorrow, Sauce scores 19+ points and shoots a minimum of 60% from 3. JoJo finishes with 18+ points, 9+ rebounds, 3+ assists and 4+ blocks leading to a Sixers win

Jay

I agree that if the season stopped now, KD should clearly be the MVP. I'm just not convinced that the voters will see it that way.

Holz

Surely Anthony Davis Deserves the MVP.

He is scoring the most points in the game (easily) and is the most efficient player in the game (easily). Not only that he is the leader in blocks while averaging a double double and shooting over 80% from the FT line.

He is even 13th in the league in Steals.

and for someone handling the ball soo much on such a poor team his turn overs is low. its as low as durrant who handles it less on a far better team and half of Harden Brook.

his usage rate is high but not crazy high. Westbrook has it 40%+ times, Davis is a high 34%.

They are 6-4 in the last 10 and if Holiday stays healthy giving him the ball and they sneak into the 8th you got to give the MVP to him if he keeps this up.

jvalles69

Quote from: Holz on December 01, 2016, 10:44:06 AM
Surely Anthony Davis Deserves the MVP.

He is scoring the most points in the game (easily) and is the most efficient player in the game (easily). Not only that he is the leader in blocks while averaging a double double and shooting over 80% from the FT line.

He is even 13th in the league in Steals.

and for someone handling the ball soo much on such a poor team his turn overs is low. its as low as durrant who handles it less on a far better team and half of Harden Brook.

his usage rate is high but not crazy high. Westbrook has it 40%+ times, Davis is a high 34%.

They are 6-4 in the last 10 and if Holiday stays healthy giving him the ball and they sneak into the 8th you got to give the MVP to him if he keeps this up.

Not if Westbrook averages a trip dub for the season and they make the 8 too.  Doubt both teams will make the 8, but there is a very real possibility that AD and Westbrook break the mold of an MVP without making finals, otherwise it'll be Durant.

plumdog millionaire

If the season ends now,

Who will win MVP: LeBron/Durant
Who SHOULD win: Take your pick from Westbrook/Davis/LeBron/Durant

The MVP ought to be renamed 'Most Outstanding Player of the Top 4 Teams'... Rattles right off he tongue I know