NBA Season 2016/17

Started by Jay, October 03, 2016, 10:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Haha shower, I shouldn't have said anything. This has turned into the masses loving Curry to Holz loving Irving.

Ftr, I would pick Irving only due to age. I don't buy the whole Curry has nothing in playoffs call though.

plumdog millionaire

Quote from: Holz on October 27, 2016, 04:37:30 PM
Quote from: plumdog millionaire on October 27, 2016, 04:18:54 PM
All I know is that I'd rather start a franchise with Curry rather than Irving that's for sure

Does that make you an Irving hater?

The fun thing is the answer will become clear over time.

I could make a huge call and say Kryie > Curry right now but i wont.

I will make a big call though.

Good luck starting your franchise with a 28 year old Guy who has never shown up big in the playoffs.
It might make me a hater! But maybe your interpretation of the question is different to some others. If I wanted to win a title right now, I'd prefer Curry over Irving based on what we have seen to this point.

That being said, I'd have Davis, KAT and Leonard over those guys though - I think they can be the number 1 option (Irving just proved he's a good number 2 option) on a title team and with their ages you'd have more opportunities to get there.

R.Griffen

All I know is that I'd rather start a franchise with Curry rather than Irving that's for sure
Good luck starting your franchise with a 28 year old Guy who has never shown up big in the playoffs.
never shown up big in the playoffs, get off it you're sounding stupid. Ask Portland what happen when Curry come back during the playoffs? Come off the bench dropped 40 and broke a record for most points in OT and it was also in the PLAYOFFS

Jay

I think the next 3-4 years of Curry can be clearly better than Kawhi, enough to outweigh the age difference. And I love Kawhi.

Let's not forget who the reining unanimous MVP with one of the best PERs of all-time is. The playoffs argument is beyond stupid, he was obviously hurt and even then he still managed to have that huge OT vs Portland and the best PER in the OKC series too.

Holz

Quote from: R.Griffen on October 27, 2016, 05:17:02 PM
never shown up big in the playoffs, get off it you're sounding stupid. Ask Portland what happen when Curry come back during the playoffs? Come off the bench dropped 40 and broke a record for most points in OT and it was also in the PLAYOFFS
yeah im not too fussed in what a guy does in a second round match up of the playoffs in a series which they pretty much would have won without him.

Ill take Green Klay over portland every day of the week.

Holz

Quote from: Jay on October 27, 2016, 05:33:30 PM
I think the next 3-4 years of Curry can be clearly better than Kawhi, enough to outweigh the age difference. And I love Kawhi.

Let's not forget who the reining unanimous MVP with one of the best PERs of all-time is. The playoffs argument is beyond stupid, he was obviously hurt and even then he still managed to have that huge OT vs Portland and the best PER in the OKC series too.

he wasnt hurt in the 2015 Finals and he put in standard top 10 player numbers not MVP numbers. Yeah you can say he was injured last year but i really haven't seen a solid playoffs run and the guy is 28 years old.

He has shown up in playoffs series but has never consistently shown up given his 2 finals series have been meh.

There is no way i take a curry over leonard for the next 3-4 years.

So your saying that you will take a 33 year old curry heading into the playoffs over a 29 year old Kawhi?

Kawhi is the better player right now anyway.

lets not forget Kawhi is the back to back DPOY at age 23-24 and is now starting to become a star on the offensive end too. So he is the top defensive player in the league and is pushing to become a top 10 offensive player.

Whats curry?

for arguments sake ill give him the number 1 offensive player in the league (I think Harden, Westbrook, Durrant might be better but lets forget that)

where does he rank on defense?

The cavs strategy was to attack him on defence, I cant possibly call him the better player when my guy is the best stopper in the league and then also a massive offesnvie threat.

Greatest shooter of the driblle - yeah ill give you curry easy
Greatest Shooter - ill even give you that even though i prefer Klay
Greatest offensive player- i wont argue if you say he is (even though i think hes tied in the top tier)
Greatest Player, now, future, ever - nope

R.Griffen

Quote from: Holz on October 27, 2016, 06:31:50 PM
Greatest offensive player- i wont argue if you say he is (even though i think hes tied in the top tier)
A back to back MVP is not the greatest player now? How many votes did everyone else get? Add up every other player in the comp and get back to me

jvalles69

Just a heads up, Crownbet has AD for mvp paying  $21 while every other bookie has him at $9. You can also get on Myles Turner as most improved at $5.50

Holz

Quote from: R.Griffen on October 27, 2016, 07:39:39 PM
A back to back MVP is not the greatest player now? How many votes did everyone else get? Add up every other player in the comp and get back to me

The mvp is rarely the best player in the league.

The unamious argument is completely Blown apart when jordan never got it.

The award means very little and even less when its regular season.

Finals mvp means much more.

Mvp is just the best player on the best team award.

I really doubt any person with basketball iq would take curry's last 2 years over lebron when you Factor in playoffs. Curry maybe in regular season as lebron doesnt even care about.

Spite

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 27, 2016, 07:53:37 PM
Just a heads up, Crownbet has AD for mvp paying  $21 while every other bookie has him at $9. You can also get on Myles Turner as most improved at $5.50

Embiid for rookie of the year at $4.5 too.

plumdog millionaire

Dangerous bringing up basketball IQ

elephants

Quote from: Spite on October 27, 2016, 10:30:08 PM

Wonder why AD is so long on CB?

Embiid looks a good call.

jvalles69

Quote from: elephants on October 27, 2016, 10:42:53 PM
Quote from: Spite on October 27, 2016, 10:30:08 PM

Wonder why AD is so long on CB?

Embiid looks a good call.

Wonder if they allow multi's?  Embiid ROY into Turner MIP.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Holz on October 27, 2016, 10:05:11 PM

R.Griffen

Quote from: Holz on October 27, 2016, 10:05:11 PM
Okay so all the MVP's LBJ, Kone and MJ won mean nothing because they weren't the best player in the league