Quote from: jvalles69 on October 26, 2016, 01:33:57 PM
Quote from: Holz on October 26, 2016, 01:28:09 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on October 26, 2016, 01:21:37 PM
Quote from: Holz on October 26, 2016, 11:13:59 AM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on October 26, 2016, 10:36:37 AM
Quote from: Jay on October 26, 2016, 10:21:52 AM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on October 26, 2016, 10:01:46 AM
Im going with anyone not Cleveland or Golden State :P
Who of Cleveland and Golden State are more likely to miss the finals? I think the Warriors have tougher competition, the Clipps and Spurs will be good as always. But if Boston fire they might be able to push Cleveland, don't think anyone else can.
yeah you are right, the law of averages suggest LBJ finally has a semi serious injury with the accumulative wear and tear, his age and the fact he has never really suffered anything serious is incredible, he is overdue and that team is just above average without him
just alluding to the fact he is well overdue for an injury, practically unheard of to be this elite and this durable in this game

Lebron has his best supporting cast ever and they will let him rest up in the regular season. it all hinges on Irving's health not Lebron if irving is healthy he will be the best player he has ever played with and i guy who could actually win the MVP. remember he is only 24 years old.

Lebron's an outlier, his greatest strength is his durability, hes a big boy who takes care of his body and realistically his risk of getting injured is far less given he can rest and he has Kyrie to actually score the ball.

Lebron will rack up the assists and driving and dishing out or passing the ball off is alot less risky then actually driving to the rim for a layup or dunk.

More impressive is it looks like Love has taken the confidence from last years finals and could be back to his double double best!  :o  Guy killed Curry when switched onto him in D last finals!

im incredibly happy going into this season.

Lebron brilliant as usual and looks to be the clear point forward now, Love hopefully has confidence and can be thatdouble double monster and Kyrie the point scorer, when he is hot just get out of his way. Crazy handles and plays with the best passer in the game.

jvalles69

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on October 26, 2016, 02:55:35 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on October 26, 2016, 02:49:52 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on October 26, 2016, 02:48:17 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on October 26, 2016, 02:42:37 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on October 26, 2016, 02:08:34 PM
Karl Malone is literally the exception to the theory, dude was an Ironhorse

So of the greats i just looked up, all have had seasons where they have missed over 20 games at least once

Like i said he is due to have some trouble

Karl Malone was prob the guy in that era that took care of his body the most.  Did you check out Ray Allen at all?  I know he's mad about treating his body like a temple, can't recall him missing significant time off the top of my head due to injury?
4 seasons with a lot of missed games
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/allenra02.html

Side note: i keep waiting for Tim Duncan to emerge, it's not the Spurs anymore, there aura is gone...

Yeah, I guess you only have so much control over injuries anyway.
exactly, they can be random, apart from the fact that they rarely miss anyone :P

Pop just said Timmy is being fined 25k a day for every day he doesnt show up ;D

Doesn't seem like they need him right now...

Absolute craziness that Green and Klay's combined shots taken equal Curry and Durants shots taken!  Unselfish, but know your role Klay and Green, you have prob the 2 best scorers in the league.  Even worse, Klay and Green have barely contributed to the score, whilst KD and Curry are efficient as ever.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 26, 2016, 03:03:17 PM

So of the greats i just looked up, all have had seasons where they have missed over 20 games at least once

Karl Malone was prob the guy in that era that took care of his body the most.  Did you check out Ray Allen at all?  I know he's mad about treating his body like a temple, can't recall him missing significant time off the top of my head due to injury?

Side note: i keep waiting for Tim Duncan to emerge, it's not the Spurs anymore, there aura is gone...

exactly, they can be random, apart from the fact that they rarely miss anyone :P

Absolute craziness that Green and Klay's combined shots taken equal Curry and Durants shots taken!  Unselfish, but know your role Klay and Green, you have prob the 2 best scorers in the league.  Even worse, Klay and Green have barely contributed to the score, whilst KD and Curry are efficient as ever.
bound to be growing pains ;)

jvalles69

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on October 26, 2016, 03:42:14 PM

Hey man, this is type of scrutiny they are going to get non stop after signing KD.  I'm sure they will get their shower together and dominate in time, but everything negative is going to be put under a microscope, hope they can deal with that sort of pressure.

Holz

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on October 26, 2016, 03:42:14 PM

Klay is probably the best shooter in the league so he will need his shots, when he is hot he is hotter then Curry, also played as good if not better then Curry in the last 2 finals.

My Chumps

flower I love this team #gospursgo

plumdog millionaire

Fire up your hot take machines!

jvalles69

29pt loss at home...that ain't growing pains, thats a well oiled Pop machine!  Kawhi balling and LMA stepping up, even hit a trey!

elephants

RiOtChEsS

Jay

Ahh Al Horford, you're going to fit in just nicely! ;D

jvalles69

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 26, 2016, 12:06:53 PM
MVP: James Harden
Rookie of the Year: Joel Embiid
DPOY: Kawhi Leonard
Most Improved: Devon Booker Myles Turner  :o
6th Man: Ersan Ilyasova
Coach: Nate McMillan (Indiana)

West Standings:
1: Warriors
2: Spurs
3: Clippers
4: Blazers
5: Rockets
6: Thunder
7: Twolves
8: Pelicans

East Standings:
1: Cavs
2: Pacers
3: Raptors
4: Hawks
5: Bulls
6: Celtics
7: Wizards
8: Bucks

Finals: Warriors defeat Cavaliers (4-3)

East is way tougher to pick, so many mid/low tier teams who could make it.  Heat, Pistons, Knicks unlucky.

valkorum

AD gone off for 50pts

Willie Cauley-Stein welcoming Marquese Chriss to the NBA by putting him on a poster (look up Kings on Twitter for video).  NBA twitter just put it up as well now

RiOtChEsS

Embiid was very impressive, i hope he stays healthy for Philly...

Anthony motherflowerin Davis :o jus dropped fiddy with 4 no no's 7 swipes 5 dimes an 16 boards :o

RiOtChEsS

Harden 10pts 7 dimes in 8 minutes :o